NEWS

Drone limb cyberware

• 7 Replies

Kitzy

• Newb
« on: <09-16-20/1840:47> »
I was just curious how exactly recoil is ruled for a drone that is not jumped into but that uses it's arms to wield weapons, with has been modified using customized strength.

IE: A drone using customized strength arms with a rating of 5 whilst it has a body of 4, wielding and shooting a weapon in said arms without someone being jumped into it (acting on it's pilot and what it's said/programmed to do)

Kitzy

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-20/1928:15> »
This is in regards to shadowrun 5th

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-20/1957:08> »
I'd have to review the language, but iirc there's two recoil rules at play.  You can either stack them both, or pick one to trump the other.  I believe I'd recommend having the strength rule trump the body rule... although if you want to show a rigger some love you could stack them.

Either way, it's irrelevant as to whether there's a rigger jumped in or not.
« Last Edit: <09-16-20/1959:04> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Kitzy

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-20/2003:16> »
Could you give me the rule pages? Thanks ^^

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-17-20/0143:06> »
Both Drone Mounted and Vehicle Mounted weapons count as being a sturdy platform where the mass of the vehicle or drone get to absorb the bulk of the recoil (where Body rating count as Recoil Compensation).

Firing Drone Mounted weapons are typically resolved with Gunnery + Agility [Accuracy] while firing Vehicle Mounted weapons via remote operations are typically resolved with Gunnery + Logic [Accuracy].

But, depending on your reading, a Drone that is Wielding a weapon (rather than having a Mounted weapon) use regular Recoil Compensation rules. Which is +1 whenever you start shooting (but not if you are continuing shooting) +(Strength / 3) (round up, use the Strength of the Drone even if the Rigger is jumped in) + Recoil Compensation of the weapon and applicable accessories.

While being jumped into a drone that is Wielding a weapon (rather than firing a Mounted weapon) seem to be resolved with Weapon Skill + Agility [Accuracy].

Could you give me the rule pages? Thanks ^^
SR5 p. 175
SR5 p. 176

Kitzy

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <09-17-20/0825:09> »
What if the drone has no str on their limbs, does it default to body?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-17-20/0900:45> »
What if the drone has no str on their limbs, does it default to body?

Rigger 5.0 p. 125 Drone Arm
A drone’s cyberlimb starts with a Strength equal to its Body and an Agility equal to its Pilot.

Kitzy

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-17-20/1201:42> »
Alright, thanks