Shadowrun: Boston Chronicles- Is Closing Down

• 7 Replies

Streetsam_Crunch

• Newb
  • Grumpy Old Ork
« on: <10-19-18/0517:15> »
It is with heavy heart that I report a part of Shadowrun's lore is going away:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/267750/discussions/0/3276824488727589349/

On November 30th, Cliffhanger studios will, legally, cease to exist and SRC will sunset.

Damn. You think you have it all, then someone calls you in for another job to help keep things flowing from one mouth to the next in the unnerground.

I do have a Steam guide of all the dialogue for those interested in the guides, and I hope that the story continues in some form, because it is a worthy one. Word needs to get out about what happened there.

There will never be another incident like Chicago, but really there will, because they learned, they knew... they have always sought to control the flow, but they can't. Even in a total lockdown the truth outs itself!

BOSTON STRONG, BASTICHES!

Crunch~

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-18/0854:02> »
Damn, that sucks. I should see if I can find time for a playthrough, I want to do a campaign based on the game somewhere next year. PM me that guide, please. =)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-18/0922:55> »
Thats why I dislike "always on" single player games. (With or without optional multiplayer).

And honestly, I would have preffered a rpg like the Returns series more (or even a Baldurs Gate or Kingmaker style game with Shadowrun rules, although using the rules nearly 1:1 like what they did in Kingmaker likely wouldn't work. SR is too complex and many things are not video game compatible)

Streetsam_Crunch

• Newb
  • Grumpy Old Ork
« Reply #3 on: <10-19-18/1323:19> »
Oh, it's not a single player game. It was designed for up to 4 player co-op. You *can* solo it with NPC runners helping if you didn't want to team up (though other players are often better skilled than the NPC's)

Here's a link to the full dialogue I wrote for it, Michael :) I'll leave it here in case anyone else wants to go over it, too.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859974620

Sorry I haven't posted more lately, just life is really keeping me rolling at the moment. Had a blast with the SR Missions at GenCon though!

Crunch~

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-18/1356:15> »
Cheers!

(Wish we could get an offline version, but that will never happen.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-20-18/1322:49> »
Shame to see this go away :-\ My sentiments mirror those of Michael...too bad.

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #6 on: <11-14-18/1448:05> »
Shame to see this go away :-\ My sentiments mirror those of Michael...too bad.
Same here.  Still makes me chuckle to remember Jane asking, "Are you re-tah-ded?" in the mission to steal the ambulance.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #7 on: <11-15-18/0300:49> »
I had great fun with it too. Completed all the story missions twice with two different sets of friends and characters
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?