NEWS

NAN in the WAR

• 11 Replies

Lysanderz

• Omae
« on: <01-06-12/1600:26> »
So in WAR they discuss a lot of the Amazonia/Aztlan reasons for fighting. In Ghost Cartels, Tempo is discussed in depth and its connection to some conspiracy.

Here is what we know:

- Aztlan removed itself from the NAN, causing Daniel Howling Coyote to resign his position on the council
- Amazonia had some serious influence in the production of Tempo, something Aztlan worked hard to shut down I believe (I may be wrong on this point).
- The NAN was known for people in it distributing the Tempo (Or people of Amerindian heritage at least.)
- Both Amazonia and NAN dislike Aztlan, and now have an army of sleepers....

Do you think its possible someone may be readying the deathblow for Aztechnology?

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-12/2225:08> »
Basically anyone that share a borders with Aztlan does not like Aztlan, just ask Texas and Amazonia.

My understanding is that the cartels came up with some new drug and that Denver is a major smuggling hub.  It is my guess that it was the cartels middle men that sold to independent dealers and distributors in the Denver area, and not the different NAN governments. (Plan 9 may say something different although.)

I doubt that Aztechnology is ready for a deathblow, but the long running war is probably starting to seriously feel like a kick the balls and wallet.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <01-06-12/2240:56> »
"Hey, Texas, how's it going with your neighbors to the South?  Aztlan?"

"Bastards are always making too much noise!  And the screams I hear in the night keep reporting to the UN keep getting ignored!  It's like they're a bunch of damned cultists or something!  But let 'em take onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne step on my land, and me an' my range rifle is goinna make 'em nice and sorry!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bluetooth

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <01-06-12/2243:55> »
The Big A may have made a lot of enemies, but they are also very powerful. They are engaged in war with Amazonia, and if I recall they are having problems in the Yucatan. Any country/corp with the power to wage 2 all out wars, dozens of shadow wars, and move against Ghostwalker, can withstand just about anything shy of the greatwyrms combining countries and corps to strike against  Aztlan.
"How was I supposed to know that I am an escaped clone created as away of policing a secret society of mages? I had amnesia!" - Riley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <01-06-12/2247:04> »
Had problems in the Yacatan.  I'm sure they've dealt with the rebels there by now.

If not, then there probably isn't much of a population left there to rebel with any longer.

If only there was a thermal exhaust port to launch a torpedo into in the country...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <01-06-12/2247:56> »
The cartels didn't come up with just some 'new drug'. Tempo let mundanes see the astral, and it was very addictive, and traces remained in your system. Once you had enough of it, it formed an INVOLUNTARY dream pact with a Shadow Spirit, meaning it could ride your body like a rigger does his drone whenever you were sleeping or unconscious.

As for shipping, one of the leaders of the Olaya Cartel, who was responsible for Tempo, was the president of KondOrchid, a AA shipping company. Meaning they could ship all over the world, without inspections. And they did.

Denver is a smuggling hub, but tempo never really caught on there for two reasons. 1) The awakened residents of the Hub found it annoying. 2) Ghostwalker made it very clear that anyone selling Tempo in his territory would be lunch.

That said, pretty much every government hates Aztlan and Aztechnology, to varying degrees. Pretty much every Awakened person on the planet hates Blood Magic (except for the crazies who use it). And the NAN would be jumping for joy to see such a major polluter as Aztlan go away. The PCC and CAS have no love for the Azzies. Amazonia hates Aztlan on general principle, for a host of reasons. And after what happened to the dragon Aztlan publicly sacrificed, autopsied, and then put on public display in a museum, every last one of the great dragons would love to burn Aztlan to the ground.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <01-06-12/2249:32> »
Ghostwalker:  Showing how the War On Drugs *SHOULD* be done.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-06-12/2256:42> »
Azzies rolled the Yucatan pretty hard, until the Toxic spirits went "Okay, EVERYBODY DIES!" and lashed out all over the place. The Azzies signed a peace treaty soon after that, which is what lead to the bomb that killed President Juan and lead to the execution of a certain feathered serpent. Which started a whole NEW problem.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-06-12/2303:14> »
And the rest of the big 10 would just love to divvy up Aztech after an Omega Order that actually went all the way.

My Characters

Bluetooth

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <01-06-12/2304:19> »
The only way I can see Aztlan taking a blow would be if all of their enemies decided to work together. And lets face it, most of their enemies hates each other only slightly less then then they hate Aztlan. As for the NAN nations, the Sioux remain uneasy alies as far as I can tell.
"How was I supposed to know that I am an escaped clone created as away of policing a secret society of mages? I had amnesia!" - Riley

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <01-07-12/0047:21> »
I just think it is convenient that NAN folk were the ones to be distributing Tempo which has clear connections to Amazonia and creates sleeper agents for them to call upon at any time. You're talking a global phenomenon giving them access to every major city. Almost every major city has an Aztechnology branch. Even if they don't do the entire job themselves, the rest of the corporate world looks at the nearly broken Azzes and goes "Oh look, kick them while they are down."

And allies or no, no shaman of the Sioux is going to be friends of Blood magic.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-07-12/0921:43> »
It wasn't NAN folk that were distributing tempo. In Seattle, it simply STARTED with the Dogmen, which was a NAN gang allied with the Seoulpa Rings. Tempo showed up all around the world, right about the same time. And before the end, EVERYONE was distributing it. The closest parallel was a franchise system. And it was all run by the Ghost Cartels, which is why Bogota got bombed.

My Characters