NEWS

Equinox RPG

• 32 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-12-10/1508:10> »
Actually, the ships in the Equinox are said to be flying through Astral space, meaning that we'd somehow corrected the Mana Void issue.

Magic level rose far enough for Mana to finally fill up space?
Well, from what it sounds like, we've colonized the entire solar system. If Astral space is based on population of living organisms, then it's theoretically possible it spreads out to cover the entirety of it.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <09-12-10/1639:25> »
And the ships are supposed to be àlive`probably sentinent AI too. Tech is a mix of magic and technological.

Yep the Red button. Magic is probably uber powerful if they can go toe to toe with the strongest horror.

So what do we know:

1. Consortium controls human space. probably a economicépolitical alliance. Its dictatorial and corrupt and they were responsible for destroying the Earth.
I don`t think the Horror destroyed the Earth(they gain nothing from it).

2. There is a resistance movement against the Consortium.

3. Earth has become a huge asteriod belt ringed by a even more gigantic space stationéhabitat.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-12-10/1648:23> »
4. The Horrorsédemons are still out there but gravely weakened but I do suspect that the higher echelon of the Consortium is getting corrupted by the horrors.
5. There is a huge universe beyond the veil(Consortium), Alien empires, the great beyond.

Speculation:
1. I think mankind has gone beyond race, in fact the tech and magic is high enough, anyone can become any race he wants(through magic and genertic manipulation). See Eclipse Phase.
2. Besides colonizing space, they probably also colonized also parts of Astral space. I think its amusing what mankind did to the Insect spirit home plane(I`d blow it up). However since the horrors came through, Astral space has become hazardous.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <09-13-10/0035:28> »
I don`t think the Horror destroyed the Earth(they gain nothing from it).

As I understand it, the Horrors don't think in the ways of "gain". They simply want you all to fell pain and horror, so they can feed on it, and frag all the consequences.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-13-10/0212:39> »
Actually how can you feel the horror or pain if everyone is dead...ergo there goes the Horror's food source.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #20 on: <09-13-10/0416:06> »
I didn't really get the impression that they plan that far ahead...

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-13-10/0427:29> »
A lot of horrors are clever (some are totally dumb), so they can think in way of "gains" and "losses", "gains" are what you said : mental or physical, pain, horror, and so. "Losses" ? I guess the inability to cause pain, so an horror's death is a loss to itself. There's a lot of example of mind twister horrors that can provide a benefit in short term to some metahumans, in purpose to cause them endless pain on the long term. And some horrors (Yrsthgrathe, again, it's one of my favorite with Bone crow and Artificer) can plan things on very very long term.
Anyway, it does not mean horrors didn't get involved in Earth destruction : if there is life on other planets, they don't need Earth anymore to come, and destroying Earth might have occured a terrible pain among humanity, so, who knows ?
« Last Edit: <09-13-10/0454:06> by anotherJack »
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <09-13-10/1542:17> »
Well, at least looks interesting, can't wait to read the story of how it all happened.
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-13-10/1703:50> »
Or if they already corrupted the heads of the Consortium,,,,oh uh.

Darkeus

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-13-10/2116:38> »
Damnit, There better be Dragons in fraggin Power Armor!!!

I totally agree with that!

Anyway, I heard about this a while ago.  I am very interested to see where they take the universe.  If the setting is cool and the rules tight then I will invest in this game.  Seems like a cool enough idea.
I thought what I'd do is; I would pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <09-14-10/0041:58> »
Damnit, There better be Dragons in fraggin Power Armor!!!

Yeah, because Dragons weren't badass enough already, they need Power Armor ;D

Nerroth

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <10-12-10/1327:48> »
So, do the current developers of Shadowrun and Earthdawn/Equinox have any kind of unofficial co-operation, if only to keep the overlapping parts of the broader IP straight, or do each go their own way?

For example, would Catalyst consider Equinox to be the future version of 'their' Shadowrun setting, or are they treated as being splintered off into alternate timelines?

(While the Equinox setting sounds somewhat interesting, I'd be worried if it did to Shadowrun what the Dark Age era stuff did with classic Battletech, in terms of pre-empting what was set to happen story-wise. While I'm not against the Dark Age or anything, I do feel it was somewhat unfortunate how long it took for CBT to be left to play catchup.)
« Last Edit: <10-12-10/1329:23> by Nerroth »

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <10-12-10/1600:58> »
Well from talking with the guys at Red Brick, they try to coordinate things with Catalyst though its not an easy job.

Personally I would say that Equinox is the future of Shadowrun.

So if Earthdawn was D&D, Shadowrun is Cyberpunk, Equinox is Traveller.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <10-12-10/1602:58> »
As for the Shadowrun storyline, Equinox is like several thousands of years into the future of Shadowrun so I think that what happens in Shadowrun will not affect Earthdawn too deeply.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #29 on: <11-12-10/1032:33> »
So if Earthdawn was D&D, Shadowrun is Cyberpunk, Equinox is Traveller.
Nope. These are unrelated systems, of which only one is located on Earth.

Personally I would say that Equinox is the future of Shadowrun.
Yes. Just as Earthdawn id Shadowrun's past. SR is the Sixth World, our world was Fifth, and Earthdawn - the Age of Legends - was Fourth.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."