NEWS

Simplified Combat?

• 2 Replies

Kagemitsu

• Newb
« on: <09-14-10/1801:24> »
Hey all, I'm new to the forums and the whole Shadowrun game. :) I mean, I had played the first edition a bit years ago, but now everything looks so different that I basically have to learn the game from scratch.
Some friends of mine talked me into being a Game Master for them, and even though I've been a GM in D&D for years, I find myself going into panic with Shadowrun because I'm pretty much new to the whole "cyberpunk" setting.

I'm getting used to the rules and I can't help but notice how complicated and time consuming the current combat system is. I'd like to know if you guys use any modified version of it or have any advice to make it a bit simpler so that the game runs a bit more smoothly.  ???

Thanks a lot.  ;D

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #1 on: <09-15-10/0053:29> »
Welcome to the shadows :)

I suggest you give the combat system some "dry" testing. Just run your players through a couple of combat situations outside the story game. It's not that complicated when everybody knows what to do with rolling initiative etc :)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Andinel

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-15-10/0313:16> »
The combat system is pretty straightforward after the first time through. It's just a matter of putting the rules in the book into practice.
Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Number 176 of 1500