NEWS

Technomancer Fading...

• 5 Replies

Jonny Reload

• Newb
  • The guns go PEW PEW PEW!
« on: <09-13-10/1805:05> »
I was curious, since Mages have an Metamagic to add to there Drain pools by there Initiation grade, is there anything that could help with a Technomancer's Fading since they don't have an Echo that does the same thing?  ???
"Do you hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability... That is the sound of your death."
-Agent Smith from The Matrix

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-13-10/1820:20> »
The Technomancers now have the Submersion, which acts the same as Magic's Initiation for them.

Jonny Reload

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-13-10/1842:44> »
Yeah... I was asking about stuff to ask for Fading though....  ???
"Do you hear that Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability... That is the sound of your death."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-13-10/1904:33> »
Sorry about that... Misunderstood what you were asking. I don't know of any Echoes in SR4a or Unwired that reduce the Fading for a Technomancer, but there are some things like Netweaving in a network (Unwired, p 143), a Resonance Bond with Sprites (p 160), or Resonance Wells (p 172) that help with the Fading.

Jonny Reload

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-13-10/1952:23> »
Hmmm, I guess bonding with a Free Sprite is really the only reasonable method for Technomancers always on the run. Not like you can call up your Network in a moments notice to come give you a bonus or bring the node your hacking to a Resonance well  :-\ Thank you so much for the references though!  ;D

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-14-10/1442:18> »
Well, as the technomancer submerges, he can increase his Resonance rating.  Which helps with resisting fading.  But I haven't found much else.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."