NEWS

IC [Prelude] Angels

• 85 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <01-22-17/0618:43> »
Elena leans back into the shadows again, emerging as her former self.  "Yes, I agree that internal and external information is good.  Just wanted you to see what I bring to the table.  So is me on inside, Kildare on outside, and Sam on matrix and astral?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <01-22-17/1656:12> »
@Sam The address is easily found.  It's at the corner of 15th and E st.  In addition you find a few rumors of some sort of cult that uses the bar as a front, but this appears to be nothing more than conjecture so the veracity of this information is suspect.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <01-22-17/1838:44> »
Okay I've got the address, do we go now or do you need to pick anything up?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <01-22-17/1950:50> »
Elena shrugs.  "Not need anything from home if I am just walking into bar and looking pretty.  I do need a ride to the area, though.  Can either of you help with that?"

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <01-22-17/2020:55> »
Sure.  I can drive.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <01-23-17/0751:24> »
Elena looks at Kildare.  "We ready for this or do you think we need more plans?"

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <01-26-17/0001:36> »
Killdare had heard of cyberware that allowed you to completely change your face, but he'd never seen it.
He tries to play it cool but he's a little take aback.

Nah. I'm.. yah... good... yah..  Just gotta grab my pack. I left it with the coat check girl.
I thought we might be working immediately so I packed everything I thought I'd need.

Killdare grabs his bag and hikes it over his shoulder, takes his Winchester from the gun check, racks it and checks the chamber to make sure it is loaded.
He holds the door to the street open for Sam And Elena.

After you.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <01-26-17/0039:05> »
Okay then.  I lead everyone out to a Ford Americar, it's been dinged and used but it may be the best taken care of car in the barrens.  I drive carefully and obey all the traffic laws.  I park about 2 blocks away and get read for my recon,

I'll do the astral recon first then the matrix.  I doubt this place will have much magic security,  I will keep tabs on my earbuds once I'm done with the astral scan.

[spoiler]
I cast increase logic rank 5 increase logiccast increase logic; drain: 9d6t5 3 10d6t5 5
meh +3 is okay I guess. no drain.[/spoiler]

I will kick them out, lock the doors and begin investigating the bar.

― Lewis Carroll

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <01-26-17/0239:32> »
Killdare leaves the Winchester in the car.
Keep it warm for me wud ya? Be careful, there's a round in the chamber.
He pulls the short barrel shotgun from his bag and tucks it under his long coat, then fishes out two flash-bang grenades and stuffs one in each pocket. He makes sure he has the extra mags and then throws the bag on the back seat.
Guess I'll leave the bag here too. Don't go driving off.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <01-26-17/1624:07> »
Elena asks that Sam drive slowly through the area without going near the bar. "I am scanning for the type of clothes worn around here to be able to fit in.  I am paying special attention to the prostitutes we pass, and am glad I did.  See, what I wear is just a bit too good.  Please stop at the 'Shack in the next street so I can buy different clothes."

She walks into the local Stuffer Shack and picks up some off-the-rack clothes that are more appropriate for this area of the sprawl,  looking for and finding somehting that a working girl might wear.  Back in the car, she strips and puts the new clothes on, not really pausing to consider that Killdare might be embarrassed to see her naked.  Once ready, she changes her face, hair, and bust a bit to be a little more memorable.  Finished, She leaves the car with Killdare, leaning over to give him a peck on the cheek. "For luck."

The bar is much like any other of its type out here on the edge of proper civilization and Elena pauses at the entrance to let her eyes adjust to the light before moving to the bar and taking a stool.  Her look and her walk are designed to draw attention to herself.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <01-28-17/1627:42> »
Give me perception checks in the OOC and I'll edit this with the results.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <01-29-17/2143:01> »
@Sam  You check out the astral around the place and everything seems normal, but once you poke your head inside that changes.  The astral inside is different.  You are used to a normal background count a lingering sense of decay.  Here is is clean, pure, refreshing even.  Inside there is a spirit sitting at the bar, it appears as a man but silvery and shining.  It glances at you with bright eye and smiles then turns back to whatever it is doing.

@Elena As you approach something about the building seems off, different.  It's hard to put your finger on it until you pass the alley heading towards the entrance.  The alley is uneven.  The walls of the bar are aligned differently than the rest of the buildings in the area, it's not obvious but it's certainly a few degrees off.  The flow of the building also seems to pull you in and the door is perpendicular to the street, or would be had the building not been set askew, as opposed to the other buildings with doors facing the street.  Altogether an interesting effect.  There does not appear to be any physical security other than a bouncer at the door.  By all appearances this operates as a normal bar at least.  The bar is busy as they usually are this time of the night and a number of heads pop up in response to your entry...as you expected.

@Killdare is oblivious thinking more about the throbbing in his brain than the job at hand.  He makes his pass by the front nothing standing out and he creeps down the alleyway as the homeless often do.  As he passes by the rear of the building he gets a sudden sense of deja vu.  Did you just come from here?  This appears to be the front of the building again, but you are sure you just went down the alley way behind it.  You blink a few times then retrace your steps.  You follow the alley back out and come out...to the front again?!?  What is going on.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <01-29-17/2231:07> »
Elena nods at the bouncer as she enters the building and walks up to the bar and takes a vacant stool while waiting for the bartender to come down and ask her what she wants.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <01-30-17/2153:37> »
I nod to the spirit when it smiles at me and continue to nose around giving the place a thorough check out but carefully and ready to bug out if the spirit shows any hostility.  I will attempt to assense it before I got to preoccupied.

[spoiler]assense the spirit: 7d6t5 0
second try: 5d6t5 2 If the spirit doesn't get mad or something.[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <01-31-17/0017:51> »
What the? Killdare mumbles under his breath.

Killdare goes through the alley again [spoiler]with presumably the same result.[/spoiler]
He pulls out his comm and rings Sam..
beep.. beep.. beep..

Well isn't that just great. He leaves a message.
Sam. Contact me ASAP. Some weird drek going on here. Seems like magic to me. Either that.. or I'm still drek faced.