NEWS

IC [Prelude] Angels

• 85 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <01-09-17/1941:22> »
[spoiler]Spoiler feel free to do whatever.  Killdare has a little catching up to do but we can synch up pretty quick.[/spoiler]
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-09-17/2006:58> »
[spoiler]OOC: first![/spoiler]

I arrive about half an hour ahead of schedule and take a seat with Gunderson (unless he's otherwise occupied).  So what's up?  Why the secrecy?
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-09-17/2009:14> »
Elena sits at her table at the Last Round, wondering if she misunderstood something.  She checks her messages and no, she is in the right place with a couple minutes to go until the right time.  She stubs out her thin cigar, which is probably the only thing that still ties her to her old life.  She just cannot give up the thin, foul smelling Russian cigars.  She had broken the vodka habit some time ago, but not this.  Taking another from the hard pack, she lights it from the candle on the table and sits back to see if.........................aha...............yes.  There is Gunderson and he has someone with him at that table.  Chiding herself for not going to see him earlier, she picks up her tall glass and walks over to where Gunderson is sitting.  She waits a few feet away, just in case she has guessed incorrectly, waiting for the guy to acknowledge her. 

She takes the time to study the other woman at the table.  A rather plain looking girl of somewhat indeterminate age, but Elena knows full well how deceiving the physical appearance can be.  The girl is dressed in a long great coat of rather good quality, perhaps a Mortimer.  That alone speaks well fer her.
« Last Edit: <01-09-17/2104:16> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-09-17/2129:01> »
The cowl turns slightly towards Elena.  Can we help ya with something?   This is a kind of a private conversation.

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-09-17/2215:25> »
Elena takes the cigar out of her mouth in the European fashion and nods.  Her Slavic, perhaps Russian, accent comes out when she speaks.  "I am sorry for the intrusion.  I had an appointment with Mister Gunderson for now.  I will go back to my table and return later.  Again, I am sorry." She nods at the girl and turns away from the table.  Obviously, Gunderson's had an earlier appointment that is running late.  She expects that he will call her when he is ready to see her.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <01-10-17/0811:17> »
Gunderson pipes up before Elena leaves, Actually you two will be working together on this, along with a third party who has yet to join us.  Sam this is Elena, Elena meet Sam
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-10-17/0950:50> »
Elena turns back to the table and looks at the other girl again before taking a seat, putting her drink glass and hard pack of cigars on the table in front of her.  "Hello Sam.  Is good to meet you." Elena blows a puff of acrid smoke away from the table and turns to Gunderson.  "Is important, yes?  I do not usually work with others.  Why this time?"

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-10-17/1522:58> »
Killdare arrives at the Last Round a little early. The place seems louder than usual, but maybe that's because he's fully sober at the moment.
He can't remember the last time he wasn't on something, but Gunderson seemed to make of point of it. S'ok, he could take something after the meeting to take the edge off.
Killdare scans the room and sees the usual suspects. Gunderson looks busy, so Killdare heads to the bar, but Gunderson waves him over.

And there's the third member of your group. Gunderson says as he gives a quick gesture to an Ork near the bar.

Killdare moves to the table, grabs a chair and spins it around. He gives the two women a once over. They make an unlikely pair. A prostitute and a runaway kid? Who knows?
He considers asking, but then thinks better of it. Gunderson seems touchy and he likes Gunderson's money.

Christ Gunderson, did you have the music turned up in here? It's like the inside of a Combat Arena.

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-10-17/1850:06> »
Elena is used to men staring at her and coming to conclusions about what she does, so this guy doesn't bother her, even though she can see the wheels turning in his head.  He looks like a junkie, but looks can be deceiving and so she holds her comments and takes a long drag on her cigar, letting the smoke flow out away from the table.

She looks back at Gunderson and waits for him to tell them what this is all about.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-10-17/2059:13> »
I scrunch as far to the edge of the booth as I can and put my back to the wall and draw up my legs and wrap my arms around them.  Jesus Gunderson am I on your shit detail?  My team is a hungover ork and this Natasha?  Are we hunting Moose and Squirrel too?

― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-10-17/2134:42> »
Elena looks at the girl and blinks.  Twice.  Perhaps her initial read of the woman is indeed correct, after all.  What a disappointment.  Still, it could be an act and Elena resolves to wait to judge.  "Is meant to be funny?  I am sure is literary reference I am not knowing.  And name is Elena, not Natasha."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-10-17/2150:33> »
This isn't your team this is the team, play nice.  Sam takes a while to warm up to people.  I expect  you all to be professional.  He appears to be speaking directly to Sam even though he said all of you.

The job is payback for an attempted heist from one of our distributors.  We have come across some intel that indicates a large shipment of merchandise will be changing hands between the Blood Brothers and one of their biggest distributors.  We want the Blood Brothers fucked on this deal.  We want that merchandise before it gets to their guy.  These shits are based in Auburn and they are taking it to Tacoma and this is supposed to happen tomorrow night 2300 hours.  That gives you a little over 24 hours to get this set up. 

You got any questions?
« Last Edit: <01-11-17/2345:47> by Stuttrboy »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-11-17/0146:58> »
Elena reaches out to move an ashtray closer then taps the end of her cigar on it.  Putting the Russian import back in her mouth, she takes another draw before asking, "These men.  How many are they and are they to die, Mister Gunderson?  Also, what is merchandise and where do we take it?"
« Last Edit: <01-11-17/0946:27> by Mercy Merchant »

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-11-17/0844:46> »
I guess looks can be deceiving, sorry for the lame joke.  If gunderson vouches for you then you're obviously talented.

Also, how much are we being paid here Gunderson?

― Lewis Carroll

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <01-12-17/0103:07> »
To be fair, I was hungover yesterday. Today I am just undermedicated. Killdare chuckles.
You can call me Killdare. Nice ta meet ya both.

Killdare is intrigued by the two women. Woman and girl? Neither of their skill sets is readily apparent, but he likes how the little one gets right down to business.

Good question Sam. This sounds kinda dangerous.

[spoiler]A complementary Negotiation in case Sam makes one.
Negotiation: 5d6t5 1
[/spoiler]
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.