NEWS

Barrier Spells

• 19 Replies

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-10-19/1343:43> »
But dont barriers work both ways? So your also stopping your team from killing the other guys also?

Sure but not vs my mana bolts or me ordering my spirit to kill them. And even if it did a 100% Im stopping attacks spell is pretty damn powerful since we are talking a pretty standard success range to get there. And that’s before the players get creative.

sigfriedmcwild

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-10-19/1823:23> »
Given a standard player objective of "get the fuck away from the fuzz", a spell that can stop pursuit (or force alternate routes) AND trivially stops most attacks is really really good.

Yes I can't shoot back, why do I care? I'm getting away with the loot (or at least without holes in me)

Mileage may vary based on your game style of course.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-10-19/1913:21> »
Given a standard player objective of "get the fuck away from the fuzz", a spell that can stop pursuit (or force alternate routes) AND trivially stops most attacks is really really good.

Yes I can't shoot back, why do I care? I'm getting away with the loot (or at least without holes in me)

Mileage may vary based on your game style of course.

And the fuzz can use it right back on you....How does running straight into a wall that is filling your escape route feel? Heck, toss in a grenade, throw up a second wall....mmmm salsa....

sigfriedmcwild

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-10-19/1916:08> »
Sounds like we agree that the spells as written are too powerful

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-10-19/2104:41> »
Sounds like we agree that the spells as written are too powerful

I would say they're powerful. An Assault Cannon is also Powerful. So is a Force 6 Spirit. So is a Troll Str PhysAdept optimized with Critical Strike. So is Control Action....and Explosives ....and grenades....and Toxins....etc. etc. Given the wide realm of threats and options, I am glad this was actually made useful and not some weak implementation that makes it unattractive to the vast variety of alternatives to using that spell.