So...  Spider-Man in the next Street Legends book?  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #121 on: <08-16-11/1112:13> »
As soon as they make the spinnerette glands worth it . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #122 on: <08-16-11/1338:38> »
You laugh, CanRay, but I worked up Spider-Man as an Adept (A Totemic Adept, following Spider) back in Second Edition :)

Besides, you heard Fastjack.  Bull *is* the Spider-Man of the 2070's :)

He just doesn't wear Spandex.  FJ does.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #123 on: <08-16-11/1343:13> »
Dude . . Spandex is a PRIVILEGE . . NOT a right!

Also: There are Sailor Moon magical Traditions out there . .
Spierman is TAME compared to that . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #124 on: <08-16-11/1345:27> »
You laugh, CanRay, but I worked up Spider-Man as an Adept (A Totemic Adept, following Spider) back in Second Edition :)

Besides, you heard Fastjack.  Bull *is* the Spider-Man of the 2070's :)

He just doesn't wear Spandex.  FJ does.
Spandex can be very comfortable and flattering.

Oh wait, you're talking about the "real" FJ. :-[

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #125 on: <08-16-11/2243:20> »

We already had him. Or didn't you read Bull's entry? @=)
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #126 on: <08-16-11/2254:20> »
Bull in a Spider-Man Costume for Halloween in the next Street Legends?  :p

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #127 on: <08-16-11/2307:52> »
Hmmm...  No. :)

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #128 on: <09-22-11/1616:07> »
Is Kellan Colt in any older sourcebooks? Or the novels, none of which i have read yet? I felt a good portion of story was missing there. I know nothing about her save what Street legends said.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #129 on: <09-22-11/1623:03> »
Is Kellan Colt in any older sourcebooks? Or the novels, none of which i have read yet? I felt a good portion of story was missing there. I know nothing about her save what Street legends said.
She was in three rather poor novels that was part of the HeroClix-like line.  Not really sure how else to describe the toys that were sold.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <09-22-11/1624:01> »
He died, the Suits got him, and brought him back to life.

They had the technology, the thaumaturgy, and the complete lack of morals to turn him into something that was more machine than man, twisted and evil.

Hatchetman became a CYBERZOMBIE!!!???!!!??? >_< WHAAAAAAAAT!!!???

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <09-22-11/1629:33> »
IMPROVED ABILITY IS CAPPED AT 3!!!!!!!

If you don't know that you've got absolutely no business being employed in a professional capacity on a project like this.  And I'm not just talking about the primary author.  That howler has passed in front of at least a dozen pairs of eyes who all ought to have that sort of knowledge as a pre-requisite of acquiring the job that they have.

No, it does not. It caps at a Rating equal to magic. It is no longer USEFUL after 3 generally speaking because skills are subject to the augmented skill maximum. So, know YOUR rules and don't insult people for no good reason.
« Last Edit: <09-22-11/1635:59> by Mason, Stoneworker »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #132 on: <09-22-11/1636:51> »
He died, the Suits got him, and brought him back to life.

They had the technology, the thaumaturgy, and the complete lack of morals to turn him into something that was more machine than man, twisted and evil.
Hatchetman became a CYBERZOMBIE!!!???!!!??? >_< WHAAAAAAAAT!!!???
Yep, long and ever ago.  I cried manly tears.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <09-22-11/1754:53> »
GAH! I barely care about most of my PCs.

I think I should have explained Nadja's powers better in that she's not been an adept for long (relatively speaking). Otherwise she'd have Thorn beat by a couple of grades (Thorn's original grades).
« Last Edit: <09-22-11/1802:20> by James Meiers »

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <09-22-11/2014:28> »
I do not credit insulting anyone; yet for how the rules on skills work: nothing can enhance the skill rating higher than 1.5 the max rating. For Nadia she can have the highest modified Negotiations of 10 and Intimidation of 9. This takes into account the quality Aptitude for negotiations. Regardless of what the power is rated at she will only get the bonus to the skill up to those numbers. Can she have a higher rating...yeah, there is nothing forbidding it.

But it seems to be ill use of the power points. But to be fair, I was the co-GM and took a PC to one of the games that had one rating higher improved ATT power then he could have had (magic limited at 2 for start of this game). Sense I helped come up with PC creation rules for our group for this game (LA street level) I felt really stupid when someone noticed it.....a new player on top of it lol. So mistakes happen. I for one feel that any product that has loads of PC/NPC stats will have some errors....it goes for most games I have collected for (D&D, Earthdawn, green ronin Game of Thrones).

Bottom line for me, this product and every other product I have bought have been worth the price point. I have said it before, I have someone playing in our group from Bogota and he loves the materials presented in WAR and we have used what we liked in our games. Does this mean that everything including spelling and grammar errors is cool, not really? But we have made do with a large sections of the book and ran with it just fine.

If you feel that something should be spotless then please present such feelings in a civil manner. And better yet post what you see as corrections or a better Stat line for everyone to see.....enhance the community of shadowrun.  Thanks for your time…..jumping off soap box into viper pit now!