NEWS

[IC]6-02 Amber Waves of Grain

• 193 Replies

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <04-29-16/2233:52> »
Skate scrolls through the text on the screen, then looks over and Vexboy, and then back to the screen. Pausing for a moment to think about it, finally she hands the link back to him. "Yeah, okay, so you're not completely green..." Turning back to Sid, she persists, "That doesn't mean you're not still shortchanging us..."

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <05-02-16/2249:35> »
[spoiler]who's rolling negotiate?  I'm going to drop my roll in a spoiler, someone post their roll.  Sound good?[/spoiler]
Sid looks over the group, hear the arguments and says....

[spoiler]   [10d6s4] = 4[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-02-16/2255:30> by biotech66 »
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #32 on: <05-03-16/1512:17> »
[spoiler]note roll is in the ooc thread[/spoiler]

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-04-16/1935:15> »
[spoiler]missed it in the OOC thread[/spoiler]
Sid looks you all over and says Look kids.  I'm being nice here.  You don't seem like a bad batch, but I letting you cut your teeth on this one.  This is a favor from me.  My offer is firm.  You eat your soycakes and walk, or you sit here and listen to the rest of the deal and do a good job, capisce?

You grumble and moan, but stay for the money.  He graciously ignores your anger and starts into the job.
Ok, so the job is to poison a batch of plants on a farm out of town, it's gotta be done before the plants are sent out which will happen at 8pm tomorrow night, just before the Mattitudes next fight. You gotta kill the plants in a particular way though, you gotta poison them with a tank of chemicals that is sitting in a big building downtown in the CZ, here is the address. The tank is probably pretty big, like 6ft high and really heavy, you might need a trolley or a troll to pick it up. There could be people around it, I dunno much about that area of town, but it's not in the prime gang territory and there ain't a lot of construction around there, so it's probably a big rotten building. Anyway, that tank has a logo and serial number on it, and you will need to leave the tank on the farm where it will get found. I don't know what the logo is, but it's probably one of the megas. You get that tank to the farm and dump it in the water supply, and make sure it kills plants and you get paid. The farm has some grunts and drones protecting it, probably more stuff too, but all I've got to go on is what was in the info pack. It's not a top secret lab or anything, so I rekon this team will have all the skills needed to get in, dump the poison and get out, no fuss, no muss.  That's what I got for you.  In..out..a milk run.  What questions ya got?

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #34 on: <05-04-16/2012:44> »
"Anything you know about the plants themselves? If we fuck with the wrong plants I get the feeling the Johnson might not be happy. What exactly are we killing?" Vexboy asked before he casually took a bite of pancake... his eyes betrayed him as he took a bite. This was the best he had eaten in months. He started to dig in.
« Last Edit: <05-04-16/2015:05> by Raiderjoseph »
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <05-04-16/2129:54> »
Marcus made a mental note to gut Sid like a fish when the opportunity presented itself. "This slimeball isn't even worth the oxygen he's breathing, and he wants to tell me what a favor he's doing me? Please. The man wouldn't last two days in the lab, being cut open, meddled with, and put back together again like some science experiment."

Pushing the unwelcome thoughts away, Marcus restrained himself before doing something he would come to regret. As the useless man prattled on about all the things he didn't know, Marcus noted down the few bits of actual worthwhile intel before asking for some badly needed clarifications.

"First of all, what kind of building are we retrieving the container from, and should we expect anyone there wanting to hold on to it? Second, you said the tank likely has a serial number and a logo, but that you don't know the logo; how about the serial number, or at the very least what the contents are specifically? Finally, how many of these containers should we expect to find in the building?" Marcus leaned in close and stared Sid right in the eyes. "You tell a fine tale about "finesse" and short time frames, but we're the ones hauling presumably toxic materials from within the slotting Zone, past CZ security, across open territory to some farm, all to kill a few plants. Well, let's just say that it's in all of our combined interests that we at least get the right container with the right chemicals."

Letting the Johnson's eyes go, he looked around the table and waited for the Johson to reply, and for the others to ask their questions.

With another glance at his new team members, he sighed softly. "We might need a winch. Anyone know a good mechanic?"
« Last Edit: <05-05-16/0648:35> by Herr Brackhaus »

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-04-16/2213:39> »
"I don't do earth spirits unfortunately, and I'm not good enough to make troll sized.... but I could probably summon at least good sized orc equivalent to help carry.  But getting a trolley might be easier, no?"

"As for transport, no big tank is going to fit in the Drekmobile--I can barely fit in my tools.  Anyone else have something big enough to hold something like that -- van or pickup or something?"

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-04-16/2214:44> »
Raising her eyebrows at Sid's 'cut your teeth' comment, Skate has to remind herself that she'd be getting 10k for this if the kid follows through to keep from walking out immediately. The more Sid reveals how little he knows about this job, however, the less that money seems worth. "Milk run, my ass," she thinks. "There sure is a lot you don't know about this job... what *do* you know? Do you know what this chemical is? And more importantly, will it hurt me?" Not bothering with any other questions since it seems Sid doesn't know and doesn't care about any details and she doesn't want to further irritate herself, she resigns herself to having to figure it out as they go. When the discussion eventually gets around to transport she just snorts, "I have a bike."

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <05-04-16/2304:50> »
"Same here. I will have to run and get my gear but I can ask my Fixer if he knows anyone with something we can use to transport but thats about it. And someone may need to ask with me as for obvious reasons he may not take me seriously if I ask. Hell im not certain he even will believe me if I say I got the job." Vexboy sighs finishing the pancakes. "Id also like to know if this stuff will kill me as well."
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-05-16/0038:49> »
Pepperface sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose in response to the "negotiations." He seemed to practically flinch every time Vexboy spoke. "Newbs," he grumbled under his breath, before continuing, "I have a vehicle that can fit one other person, but I can't move a tank of the size you're describing. Can you suggest anyone credible that could rent us that kind of equipment, Sid?".

"Also," he adds, "I'm also very interested in that guy's questions," Pepperface concluded, pointing to Marcus, his hand moving with inhuman alacrity. "But otherwise fine, screw it. I'm in."
« Last Edit: <05-05-16/0050:20> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <05-05-16/0614:33> »
Plans rolling through her mind and pancakes quickly disappearing off her plate, Kereina vaguely listens to the questions posed by the others, musing over the idea of her Step-Van carrying this toxic mess of a container.

If what your describing will fit, I've got my Step-Van just around the block, we can use that to transport the container. she tells the group in general before continuing, I too am curious of what exactly this stuff is though, any kind of poison to kill plants will probably frag us just as quickly. As for the modifications, I may be able to help with installing that winch, I'll see what I can find as well, having an extra is never a bad thing.

As the meeting continues, Kereina mentally composes a message to GreaseMonkey, her mechanic friend.
>>>Grease, you got any winches lying around? Could use two if you've got em. Let me know and I'll swing by your place on my way home.

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-06-16/1542:51> »
Sid quietly listens to your comments and says, See you guys are problem solvers!  You already got a ride working together.  I knew I put a good team in charge.  Now to the question of the hour...I don't know what's in the tank.  I know it kills plants pretty well.  That's it.  It should be relatively non-toxic to metahumans, but I wouldn't go drinking the stuff.   When you get the tank, do a search.  You find out what the stuff is, you can decide then if you need the hazmat gear.  If you got a few cold feet left, go buy hazmat suits before the run.

Turning toward another questing face, The place it has to go is a is pretty much a mystery to me.  I don't like this country bumpkin crap at the best of times, so going further into the boonies isn't my idea of fun.  You can do a search when you get there.  You're new so first rule besides trust the Johnson is to do your homework.  Once you get close enough to work your cyber mojo or astral crap, figure out who owns the damn place.  I just contract to get it broke.

Facing the last questioner, Where it's coming from?  That I can tell you!  Its called the terminal.  From what I know, it used to be a shipping distribution center before things went down.  Like I said, no major gangs, it's not the crater, and its not even claimed by some crazy bug spirit shaman.  Milk run in the city!  You just got to get the big tank from that place to the other place and kill the plants.  I get paid for you doing your job, then you get paid for doing the job.  We all walk away happy.  Just be careful around the end.   The people who's plants your going to kill might not be happy about it.

As he look over the team again, he says Free advertisement for a friend of mine.  If you want to buy some gear for your rig, check out Goober.  He's a crazy dwarf who's a master with a wrench.  He can get your trucks fixed up and he'll have the gear you need to get that crap in your car.  Any other question?

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <05-06-16/2000:35> »
Vexboy thought before answering... the temptation was too great. "Do the names... Lady Anon and Crusade mean anything to you?" He asked his eyes betraying the hint of hope.
Thoughts
Mentor

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <05-06-16/2022:21> »
Marcus accepted the ARO with this "Goober" person's information after Mr. Johnson finished answering questions.

"All right, not a lot to go on, but I'm good to go." He stood up and prepared to head for the exit, pausing only long enough to take one last look around the table to give the others time to ask their final questions before following.

With everyone gathered outside he leaned up against the side his off-road fast attack vehicle, a sleek 4-wheel drive model with plenty of suspension travel and an empty weapon mount for the single rear seat. "So, how do you want to do this? We've probably got enough muscle to pull this off as it is, but a winch would be good to have just in case. Should be a cool 1,500¥ or so, and we can get one installed on my ride or in the step-van, either way works for me as long as we split the cost." He sneered at some nearby gutterpunks who were eyeing his car, and cracked his knuckles before continuing.

"As far as this "terminal" place goes, it sounds like we should definitely get some eyes on the place before making our move. We could drop off either vehicle to get the winch installed, and then get some eyes on target while we wait. I can get in and out of the zone quietly enough, and I'll glass the target without any issues. Thoughts?"

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-06-16/2140:44> »
"I think our Johnson's comment about a dolly is worth following up on.  I mean, I have no computer skills to speak of, and while you all finished talking I found examples from hardware stores, so no big delay.  Or a hand truck, I used to see them move some pretty items around base strapped to a heavy hand-truck.  Only issues is wheels might be noisier than carrying the thing -- although I could slap down a silence illusion that hopefully keeps most people from hearing anything.  And we'd still have to lift it onto the dolly, then into the van or truck or whatever."

Then pointing to a beat up sub-compact he adds "I'm happy to ride with someone for the job, but I want to move The Drekmobile somewhere a bit safe than this hood, first.  And speaking of casting silence, if I'm riding with someone I need a bit of space for gear -- got the serious medkit that is good sized, and some tools that I think we should bring along -- might need to detach the tank from something, or even help open things up on our way in."

Looking around at the other faces he adds "Silence, power drill to open a small hole in a door, mage sight googles to feed a cord through and turn until it can see the handle, magic fingers to open it from the inside.  Or just silence and a monofilament chainsaw -- if you don't mind more property damage it can work just as well and is sometimes quicker."

[spoiler] http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/aluminum-hand-truck-0600527p.html#.Vy1HN_mDGko for example. [/spoiler]