NEWS

MilSpecTech released!

• 13 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <01-23-11/0018:42> »
Need more military gear? Who doesn't? Well, check out MilSpecTech! Which is out now and can be bought at the Battleshop (http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2676) or on Drivetrhurpg (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=87804). Here's the basics of the book:

Things That Go Boom in the Night

The corporations of the Sixth World love a good challenge—as long as it suits them. Ending world hunger? Not interested. Eliminating poverty? There’s no margin in that. Finding creative and more effective ways to blow things up and/or reduce them to rubble? That, they can do.

War is raging on the Aztlan-Amazonia border, and there are plenty of other places in the world where people are willing to fork over piles of nuyen to buy that tank or fighter that would help them sleep better at night. There is good demand for military technology, and the corps are stepping up with the supply.

MilSpecTech presents new vehicles (including groundcraft, watercraft, and aircraft), missiles, and vehicle weapons for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition. It can be used as a companion piece to War!, or on its own to add extra danger to any war zones characters may be running in—or if they’re lucky, to give them more ways to cause havoc.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-31-11/1342:23> »
To bad 90% of the items listed are WAY above what the 12 availability the shadow runner can get... sad really

:-\
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <01-31-11/1429:49> »
To bad 90% of the items listed are WAY above what the 12 availability the shadow runner can get... sad really

Well, they may be above the availability for a starting character (at least, unless they take the Restricted Gear quality from Runner's Companion), but they only have work their contacts and fixers to get it after play starts. Heck, you could even work it in to make it a run for the character to get the equipment.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <02-01-11/0117:33> »

Well, uhh, how many starting Shadowrunners need a tank or an attack chopper or something, right out of the gate?

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-11/1130:07> »
better question is, who wouldn't want one!!!
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

Bradd

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-02-11/1927:17> »
After seeing the Nissan Hound, our technomancer is really wishing he had hijacked one from the Red Samurai they just fought. He's probably better off this way, though. ;)

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-13-11/0944:21> »
After seeing the Nissan Hound, our technomancer is really wishing he had hijacked one from the Red Samurai they just fought. He's probably better off this way, though. ;)

I only needed like 4 hits on a 6 dice gymnastics check to jump into the empty chopper.  Coulda wiped out the Renraku software, fresh install, brand new team deployment vehicle.  I'm just sayin'   ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <02-19-11/1132:46> »
Good luck trying to blend in with the other rotorcraft.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-20-11/2252:27> »
like it, love it,, want more of it; SR 4!!!!!

:P

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #9 on: <02-21-11/0001:21> »
That is without doubt, the best veteran tribute sig I have ever seen.

+1 for you.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

khansgod01

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-25-11/2223:50> »
Thnx...   :P

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #11 on: <03-04-11/2014:34> »
That is without doubt, the best veteran tribute sig I have ever seen.

+1 for you.

agreed and ditto
and i say that having spent 4 and a half glorious years as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-14-11/1900:02> »
Can I just say that I love the Dassault Paynal? Because I do.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <03-14-11/1911:32> »
Can I just say that I love the Dassault Paynal? Because I do.
It looks like something out the G.I. Joe series from the '80s.

I'm old enough to know that's not a bad thing.   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11