NEWS

[Recruitment] Seattle Undercover

• 27 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-26-17/2104:27> »
Looks good, but you might want to make your character a bit older for her to be involved in undercover work or give her a good reason for her to sweet talk herself into this assignment.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <01-27-17/0934:24> »
Sure I was going to add a bit more backstory once I had some direction from you as to specifics, but I'll fill it in a little  when I get back from work this afternoon.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #17 on: <01-27-17/1144:42> »
@Ennui, unless I'm mistaken Hardwires replace existing skills, not augment them.  So, there's no need to pump skill points into those skills, as you top out the rating of the Hardwire -- Gyrojet Pistols 5, for example.

Also, note that the Greatcoat won't Stack with any Zoe clothing, as they need to have the same maker. 

I look forward to reading the background, and I'm sure Abran is looking forward to meeting Vultus as well.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <01-27-17/1449:52> »
The narcoject pistol is an exotic weapon not covered by pistols

I dont recall anything about custom fit having to be by the same maker.  You have a page number I can check that out at or is this a house rule?

I look forward to meeting you  all IC as well.

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-27-17/1500:33> »
R&G p. 59

CUSTOM FIT (STACK) This characteristic employs all the Custom Fit rules, but in addition these items can stack with other pieces that have been Custom Fit by the same maker, for the same person. The character has to select a specific set of Armored Clothing to have the piece Custom Fit with. The Custom Fit combination then allows the character to use either the base armor or add on the stack bonus for that set of gear.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <01-27-17/1621:43> »
That's like the same tailor not the same designer right?  Chummer lets me do it =P

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-27-17/1627:59> »
Taylor/maker in that case is the fashion company.
In my opinion it's an unnecessary complication, but by RAW you not only would commit a fashion faux pas, but also wouldn't benefit from the armor bonus.
talk think matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <01-27-17/2237:06> »
Yeah, my interpretation on this one is also the same manufacturer. But you're still in chargen, so you can change it if you want to :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <01-27-17/2309:15> »
So like Second Skin, what would you combine that with?  There's no maker listed.  Are things like PPP and bracers still giving the +1 or is that just the custom fit stuff that you cant stack?

― Lewis Carroll

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-28-17/0437:41> »
Second Skin is a product of Zoé like the Executive Suite, Heritage and Nightshade.
Armor add ons without custom fit (stack) have no such restrictions and can be combined freely (up to strength limits of course)
« Last Edit: <01-28-17/0736:35> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-28-17/0726:36> »
Jack laid it out pretty nicely :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <01-28-17/1431:43> »
Oh yeah, chummer makes that a bit more apparent than the book did, thanks for helpin' this noob out.

― Lewis Carroll

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <01-30-17/2147:50> »
Heather Verner has been working for Ares for about five years.  During that time she has worn many hats.  She has developed contacts in the seedier side of things to facilitate the smooth running of those hats.  A social chameleon Heather uses her social abilities and skillwires to move seamlessly from job to job.   She has lead the negotiations tables and made several high stakes deals.  She has functioned as an underground quartermaster for Ares special operations and undercover operatives.  She's worked as a Johnson, working directly with deniable assets.  Through it all she has had a fascination with Ares secret ops and has often fantasized about being a spy and kept her finger on the pulse of her network of contacts.

Through her fixer she discovered a leak in Ares who had procured some special operations project data on Knight Errant and was looking for a buyer.  As a dutiful employee she of course set up the meet as an interested data broker.  At the buy she recorder the sale, and glanced through the information to verify it was legit. one piece stood out to her.  A group of undercover KE working as shadowrunners along with the name of an errant member who she had met on a joint task force at one point.   Once she pocketed the data she tazed the shit out of the leak and procured the data.   Her superiors were quite impressed when she presented the evidence, leak and data.  It didn't take much after that to convince them that she should be added to the team. If she can prove her chops on this maybe she could get that Ares special agent gig she's been dreaming about for so long.

― Lewis Carroll