It'll take care of it  ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #16 on: <11-15-16/1736:28> »
Good lord, we are totally the equivalent of this adventuring party: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/kingofdragonpass/images/0/0e/Adventurers.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130316014045  (translated from bronze ages fantasy to ShadowRun, that is).  All the oddballs -- I love it.

I worry a bit about us dealing with a night club without explosions, fires, and mass damage -- and that is without bugs getting involved -- but I love it.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-16-16/0348:26> »
Wow, wow, wow, who said anything about not starting fires and mass damage?
If the flooding doesn't pan out I'm sure a bit of smoke will be sufficient to get most of the civilians out (and just to make sure Kynos intents to use a lot of smoke as that also works against wasps ;) )
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #18 on: <11-16-16/0526:40> »
Gilga - Al likes the spirits just fine!!!!!
Hot elf spirits walk in, and he wakes up!

Wasn't sure from your description - are the clothed or not, and are they sort of misty-ghostly-looking, or well defined?

To Al's mind, if they are clothed, WHY? since they could just as easily be naked???

Or, if they are sort of ghostly-looking, why not define the manifest image a bit, so they can all get a better view?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-16-16/0842:52> »
Well spirits are always obviously spirits so they would not look like elfs per say,
they'd be recognized as elves but not walking - floating around a bit transparent.
They are wearing sexy clothes that change according to the spirit type. (fire red clothes, air semi transparent, water blue - so forth)

adamu

« Reply #20 on: <11-16-16/0858:24> »
Thanks for the clarity - I always love really vivid descriptions so I can imagine things better!

So yeah, then Al means both - clarify the image AND lose the clothes ("less is more" is not in his vocabulary).

adamu

« Reply #21 on: <11-17-16/0916:08> »
@Aria - okay, sorry, new to this whole Anarcy thing still...

...so read it, get how we're all supposed to be helping driving the story forward, illustrating the scene, etc....But does that extend to scene changes? Seems like that's still the GM's remit?

Are we waiting on some green light to push forward to the bar (this is all supposed to go down tonight, right?)?

Seems like we've maybe done what needs doing in the opening meet....

Or not?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-18-16/0222:37> »
Nope, happy for you lot to drive scene changes too! Would have done it but SG wasn't contactable last night  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <11-18-16/0400:35> »
I have to admit, I'm tempted to just write the story along, not minding the cues much. So if I do it wrong just tell me and I'll change it.  ;)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-18-16/0640:39> »
Are we doing the stuff about turn order? I am not sure if to responds to posts or to wait for everyone else to get a round.

adamu

« Reply #25 on: <11-18-16/0722:36> »
Are we doing the stuff about turn order? I am not sure if to responds to posts or to wait for everyone else to get a round.

Aria said not to worry about turn order for now, just post when you want.

Said we might go to turn order later, maybe in combat, will let us know.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <11-25-16/0808:15> »
I'm not ignoring you... but you seem to be managing by yourselves at the moment and my week has been CHAOS  :-\
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #27 on: <12-01-16/1416:46> »
I’m super uncomfortable with the way that Vish just committed the group (as in, physically stressed), and really miss that ability to quickly talk around the table to agree on a plan – it is possible that I don’t have the right temperament for grabbing the narrative as a player and lurching it around?  But between the nature of Anarchy, the nature of PbP, and the set-up that Adam left … it seemed like the right way to do things?

If anyone feels that is way out of left field and wants to figuratively put their hand on their head for an ooc time-out to discuss and maybe roll back – whether or not Anarchy has such a feature – I’m entirely fine with that.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <12-01-16/1630:06> »
Guys I must admit that I do not have enough to understand the situation we are in in the posts. I feel like I completely lost track of the story and should re read. I am considering whether to just drop and allow you to have fun - I think that with my English skills I need some more redundancy to understand what is going on, where we are what is the plan and so forth.

adamu

« Reply #29 on: <12-01-16/1658:17> »
Beta and gilga - some thoughts in response to the above two posts....

(1) Beta - I thought your last post was awesome! A good approach, whether he's just a club owner or a flesh form roach.

(2) gilga - have noticed you haven't been posting at the rate you do in most games....was just about to put up a post asking where Ice was (office with us? dance floor? kitchen? corridor with Kynos & Steel)...personally I hope you'll stick with.

(3) I think we are all getting used to this Anarchy thing still.

In many ways, it is pretty much like the Run! game all three of us have been playing in - group collaborative storytelling. We've all managed okay with that...

Differences, I think, are that -
A. there is this idea of turn order, where we always know exactly who has the floor - that gives people more license to go crazy with the narrative. But, understandably given PbP wait times, Aria has had us dispense with that for now. No criticism, just that I think it has made it harder for us to transition to "Anarchy-style".

B. There is also a thing where we have to use these Plot Point things to do something radical with the story. We haven't bothered with that so far either. Are we supposed to? It's a bit weird, because I think the way the rules have it, I'm supposed to use one of these precious things to introduce a new threat - like if I wanted to have Lenny start attacking us because he's a flesh form roach. But I can also use one to heal myself. Gee, which one do you think I'm going to use one of my limited pool of points on? Bit broken, there. So that can be another reason people are hesitant to move the narrative forward in dramatic ways.

C. Yeah, I think there's this sense that we're not supposed to have OOC table-talk - this has stymied me, I'll admit. No secret I've been wanting Lenny (and staff? and guests?) to be flesh form and things are fragged from the start. But just been hinting at it so far, because I don't want to impose that onto everyone else if they are not into it. But the idea of Anarchy is that if we talk about it first, then there are no dramatic surprises.....
For some other collaborative storytelling games I've posted in on this board, we've done a lot of planning before each post to craft the story the way everyone wants it.
But since we're playing Anarchy, I say that for this game we go with the spirit of it. The book says go big on your events, and then respond to other people going big by just going even bigger yourself. I say we throw caution to the wind and just GO FOR IT. I'm going to do that, and if at some point Aria wants to go all dice and rules on us, that's cool too.

A bit rambling, but I think that says what I am thinking vis a vis the posts above.

To sum up:
(1) Go WILD.
and
(2) gilga - stick with us man