NEWS

Forum appearance weirdness

• 34 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <07-18-11/1349:08> »
You may notice some weirdness about the appearance of the forums today. An upgrade to the software is causing odd behavior in the main theme. We'll be working on it, and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Paul

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <07-18-11/1421:29> »
Related to this upgrade is a peculiar problem: you'll note your text box for any new posts is going on forever to the right. No more word wrap.
The solution to this issue is to clear your cache, then reload the page. This should clear that problem right up.

If you're noticing any other issues, please report them here. But please only after clearing your cache and reloading the page, as it might resolve other problems as well.

Paul

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #2 on: <07-18-11/1433:08> »
Some comments within threads seem to be randomly indented to the right.  Comments appear on top of other comments (making the text of both comments all but unreadable).

Edit: Active page within a thread seems to be set to render as black text on a slate background, a horrible color combination, causes halification and is altogether difficult to read.

Remove, quote, and modify no longer render in a line or column.  They appear to be left justified which causes the first two options to appear next to the username and the third to appear at the far left, beneath the username.
« Last Edit: <07-18-11/1436:28> by Onion Man »
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <07-18-11/1443:51> »
It appears to have to do with the "basics" of the forum layout, since different themes are affected the same way.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <07-18-11/1445:12> »
Although using the "Core" theme seems to look the best at this time.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <07-18-11/1954:04> »
My brain hurts worse than usual right now...  I blame the forums.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #6 on: <07-19-11/0140:00> »
My brain hurts worse than usual right now...  I blame the forums.
Forum scapegoating? ...that's low :P
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <07-19-11/0827:09> »
Right now, it looks like the only theme that didn't get borked in the update is the default "Curve" theme. I'm working on updating the FastJack theme and will hopefully have something by this weekend.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-19-11/1048:32> »
Right now, it looks like the only theme that didn't get borked in the update is the default "Curve" theme. I'm working on updating the FastJack theme and will hopefully have something by this weekend.

Good. I don't like having Shadowrun and BattleTech looking like the same forum. ;)
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #9 on: <07-19-11/1744:32> »
Borked.... is that a technical term?  :P
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #10 on: <07-19-11/1910:27> »
Borked.... is that a technical term?  :P
Yes.  It's official designation means:  "The item is broken so badly that the English Language has taken damage."

It was referred to in my Tech Support job for the network providing people with Internet services all the time.  Once, it was borked by Minivan.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <07-19-11/2215:50> »
Borked:

To have broken something so entirely, you break the words used to describe the item.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <07-19-11/2312:49> »
Update: The JackPoint theme is working better than the former default, so I'm going to be switching things over.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #13 on: <07-19-11/2318:27> »
Update: The JackPoint theme is working better than the former default, so I'm going to be switching things over.

Jason H.

Much better and much appreciated.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <07-19-11/2331:29> »
The quick reply box still extends out to forever ("My God, it's full of stars!"), and I'm looking into a fix for it, but it's kinda late right now. See what I can do tomorrow.

[Edit:] And, Bull, I'll see if I can't put together an Ork Underground theme this weekend that isn't "Pansy-ass Elven Green". ;)