NEWS

[IC] VU93 -- October -- SRMs 04-01 through 04-04 and CMP 2011 Missions

• 41 Replies

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-23-11/1950:53> »
>>>>>[With all this talk of human politics, hasn't anyone notice something is changing in Seattle. This...city is more charged with mana. I heard about a small eruption in the Tir, which was quickly hushed. The students where I am at are talking about islands vanishing, boats that shouldn't exist in mountains, and swords possessed by demons. The balance of nature is swinging]<<<<<
--BW 302 (19:50:30/10-23-73)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <10-23-11/2018:46> »
>>>>>[Don't know much about magic, but the last time I heard talk like that, it was a group of people experimenting with Zen laced Deepweed hits.  Not saying that's what it is, but that's some messed up drek you're talking about.  And it's more than Human politics, it's Metahuman politics.]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (19:13:44/10-23-73)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #17 on: <10-24-11/1709:31> »
>>>>>[Human politics, metahuman politics. Humans and metahumans both look the same to me and politics make no sense. No balance, and no one understands the circle of life as estibalished by Nature. Circle of Life is what I believe the humans call it. Politics ignore this and the humans/ metahumans who practice this need to take a trip into the wilderness. Then we'll see who survive..]<<<<<
--BW 302 (17:08:34/ 10-24-73)

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #18 on: <10-24-11/1725:49> »
>>>>>[Hahaha! This one sounds like my keyboard player on Deepweed!] <<<<<
— Smiley (17:25:36/10-24-73)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <10-24-11/2104:20> »
>>>>>[So far, fourty, um, -ish years in the wilderness, hunting things much larger and meaner than I am (Those are getting harder to find).  Then again, I'm not a politician.]<<<<<
--Money Johnson (20:03:10/ 10-24-73)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-30-11/1540:32> »
>>>>>[There are always something in the forest that will be able to take you down. You just have not threaten its terroritory yet. If you judge a creature by its size and meaness, then the Forest has tricked you well and is waiting for you to make a mistake.".]<<<<<
--BW 302 (15:40:23/ 10-30-73)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #21 on: <10-30-11/1755:09> »
>>>>>[As true for the shadows as anywhere else.]<<<<<
--The Wyrm Ouroboros (17:55:15/10-30-73)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <10-30-11/1803:05> »
>>>>>[True 'nuff.  A Pixie's fireball can fry you just as crispy as dragon's breath.  Either way, you're toast.]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (17:55:30/10-30-73)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #23 on: <11-01-11/1408:01> »
>>>>>[Most pixies won't eat you afterwards though...most]<<<<<
--BW 302 (14:07:23/ 11-01-73)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <11-01-11/1412:17> »
>>>>>[Never, ever make fun of a Toxic Pixie Shaman.  I still have the scars from the little teeth.]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (13:12:40/11-01-73)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #25 on: <11-01-11/2239:02> »
>>>>>[Haha! I've seen many nasty things in the last twelve years but a Toxic Pixie Shaman but I'll admit, I've never seen one of those. And does it really matter if your eaten or not afterwards? You're still crispy dead. Money, you talking about hunting all the time, may make me want to try. Send me a PM before your next trip if you don't mind a first class jackass like me tagging along.

But, let's get back on topic shall we! We're professionals posting serious stuff after all. Prop 23, ORC, that douche of Brackhaven, you know... politics! Jeez, who am I kidding?! I'm asking myself if I really prefer talking about politics instead of deadly Toxic Shaman Pixies... but I guess this is what this topic is all about. So... Which one of you guys think Prop 23's going to pass?]<<<<<
-- Smiley (22:37:18/11-01-73)
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <11-01-11/2336:18> »
>>>>>[Politics and Biz, yes, and as it pertains to Prop 23.  Names withheld to protect the guilty.

The Democrats have stated outright that they're signed onto it, wanting to "Heal the final wounds of the Night Of Rage in Seattle" and other such drek.  Really, they're hoping for larger pay-outs from Federal Support to the community, as well as an additional SIN Amnesty that will net them a larger voter pool, in addition to getting the Gubernatorial office again after what happened with my Chummer Julius (Poor guy is in an "Old Age" home now, despite being a dwarf.  He thinks it's the 2050s and he's a Shadowrunner, if you'd believe it.).  Still no word on who they're sending forth as a leader of the party for Seattle, which is strange.  From the murmurings that I've heard, expect work in espionage against other parties, and hiding away any of the embarrassing things that politicians typically get up to (Mistresses/Gigolos, proof of drug habits, illegitimate children, and so on.).

The New Century Party is trying to get some roots in Seattle, but is staying on the fence for Prop 23, waiting for a popular assessment.  Their current rep, still temporarily in power, is a human woman from Newfoundland of all places, but is very charismatic in a "Of the people" sort of way, while still being very technologically savvy.  She's also a magician of some small power (All those special effects at her speeches are hers), so she's attracting more people than you'd think, but not enough yet to get official party status in the Seattle Metroplex.  Expect a lot of hack jobs against Spam-Ads for competing parties, magical support for the party (Watcher Spirits shouting out info on the party is a favorite of hers), and maybe a little dirty work against the groups trying to do unto the NCP.

The Technocratic Party...  I'm sorry, it'll take me a few moments to stop laughing here.  OK, I'm better.  Anyhow, yeah, they don't have a chance and the only people that seem to not know it are the Technocrats.  They were on the fence for Prop 23, but have given a semi-firm commitment to it, with some wiggle room to get out.  But, they have official party status still, and their leader is a male Troll who had some minor simsense roles when the Orxploitation thing was big, so has some star power behind him, as well as appealing to the Metatypes out there that aren't happy with "Mount Humanis".  Not much talk about the type of work they'll want done, but they've got a Technomancer and AI team on staff to run their Matrix and AR Advertisements which is surprising, and might detract from supporters.

The Republican Party, with a certain hated Governor in power, is pulling a "Stay The Course" advertising role, a few plans to re-enforce ties with the UCAS-Proper, and a few new ideas economically.  I hate to say it, but from a business point of view, they have the best plan given so far for rebuilding Seattle from Crash 2.0 in ways of legitimate jobs and rebuilding infrastructure and drawing in more shipping.  The rest of what's coming out of the Governor's Office, however, sounds more in line with the Arch-Conservative Party (Who is not running in Seattle, probably because they don't like being on the other side of a lynch mob), which isn't that surprising.  Federal Support is heavy, as the President is also a Republican, as well as the Governor's overwhelming support for the Metroplex Guard and the military in Fort Lewis, which also gives him the Military Supporters Vote as well.  There's a lot of jobs being lined up, from the regular political jobs of hiding secrets, to some out-and-out intimidation tactics against voters and other parties, mostly the Independents.  Needless to say, the Republicans are giving a firm "NO!" on Prop 23, even from the head of the party, who sees it as another form of Welfare Grabbing on behalf of the more liberal types.

The Independents are a dog's dinner of options out there, with lots of biz going to anyone and everyone just to get their platforms noticed.  Guerrilla Marketing is the key word for them, and technically illegal, so Shadowrunners that want some easy (Literally easy, not the "Will get you killed" easy) but low-paying gigs to get through some tough times can sign on for this kind of drek.  There's other jobs they want done as well, but it's so random and unpredictable...  They're all over the place with Prop 23 as well, and, as of yet, none have official status for being able to be on the ballot yet, but there's time for that still.

So, there you go, the Johnson's eye view of the election possibilities so far.  Right now, I feel like I need a bottle of scotch and a six-hour shower to make myself feel clean again.]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (22:36:11/11-01-73)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #27 on: <11-04-11/1139:20> »
>>>>>[I still don't feel clean.  :-(]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (10:38:00/11-04-73)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-04-11/1715:40> »
>>>>>[As an Ork and a Ghoul both I'm just not so worried about it. 75% of those I meet try to kill me, 60% of them die, 10-14% give up or haven't found me and 1% get a clue. Even if KE cracked down, they don't have the experience in the underground yet.]<<<<<
-- Chrona (21:15:00/11-04-73)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <11-04-11/1940:45> »
>>>>>[I thought Orks became Wendigos?  I've hired ghouls on rare occasions (Mainly because they offered their services to me so rarely), and found them to be just like other folk.  Of course, I let them know where I stood on the idea of being dinner right from the start, so that might change things.  And it's a damned toxic pixie that bites me in the end, go figure.

Oh, and that doesn't include the number of Ghoul Deckers/Hackers that I've hired over the years without knowing it.  The Matrix is a great equalizer for all types, neh?]<<<<<
-- Money Johnson (18:38:44/11-04-73)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11