Shadowrun Play > Play-by-Post

bnc's basement

<< < (2/27) > >>

gilga:
>> Its a date then, I'll come this afternoon. Say 17:00. 

With that, she showered and went to start her day. The encounter with Zola filled her with purpose, and she was researching some interesting options for spell defense.  It was not long before she was buried with books, (how uncharacteristically) in the library trying to force herself to read and to comprehend. The theory was clear, she saw spells manifesting and understood how she could instantly make mana scarce to weaken spells. In practice, it was more difficult and even after rigorous counterspelling experience, successful spell defense was more a matter of luck.

At about 16:00 she finished for the day and instead of heading to the gym like on other days, she went to visit bnc. She freshened herself up, renewed her cosmetics and then took a taxi... "How ironic that I became a bookworm... I really am not that good at this. There was the temptation to augment herself with magic and make the study so much easier, but Anna believed that shortcuts are bad for her in the longer run, and she needed to do so fair and square.  Easier said than done, visiting bnc was a blissful distraction.

Volker:
Around half past 4, another message arrived. <@Anna <befre i forget ring@petra mijankovic>>

Shortly after Yael pressed the button, a soft buzzing sound signals that she can enter. An ARrOw indicates the door where "Petra Mijankovic" lives. It is unlocked.

When Yael opens the door, however, it's not bnc who greets her with a smile. Instead, a handsome young man stands before her, muscular and tall. He only wears a towel wound around his waist, and his right hand is wrapped in another towel.

[spoiler]Please make a Perception test and tell me the hits you scored.[/spoiler]

gilga:
>>Alright Petra... I am still Anna - makes things easier. 

She follows the instructions and is more than a bit surprised by the man that welcomes her.  At first, she saviors the visual, enjoying the man's physic for a moment, but the towel on his hand makes a bit jumpy and uncomfortable.

"Aham... I am looking for Petra, did I get the right apartment?" She says.

[spoiler]
Perception + 3 visual/audio: 15d6t5 4
I scored 4 hits for visual/audio 2 otherwise.
[/spoiler]

Volker:
# OoC
Anna easily sees through the disguise. The man is a well-made drone but a drone nonetheless.
Just out of interest: How the fuck did you get 15 dice on perception?

# IC

"No", the drone answers. Only if you know that it's not a real person, you can hear that the voice is a tad synthetic. Or is it just imagination because you know? "Petra Mijankovic has long left. It's just that nobody cared to alter the sign. But bnc's here if that'll do." The man-drone winks and steps aside for Yael to enter. You stand in a small anteroom. A chaotic assembly of shoes, jackets and - surprisingly - a stray sofa (leaned to the wall as the anteroom is too small for it to stand on its long side) is lying about. Anna can also see displays of additional security measurements: The door is reinforced with steel from inside. Both inside and outside small cameras are recording everything.

A glass-panel door to the left is shut, to the right you can see three doors, two of which you guess are the restroom and the bathroom. On the opposite wall, however, a door is open. This might be the living room.

gilga:
She enters and says "An interesting toy... how realistic is he? Can you jump in and experience life as a dude? because that would be insane!". She appreciates the security of the place, this is much more than the lousy one bedroom she got herself in. She proceeds toward what she believes to be the living room, a bit more alert than she'd like herself to be. "Is someone trying to kidnap me?"

OOC
6 points in perception and 6 intuitition - 3 more dice from glasses and 3 from earbuds. As close as she gets from being augmented.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version