NEWS

ETA on Street Grimoire & Run & Gun Errata

• 21 Replies

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-18-14/1027:39> »
As stated multiple times in the other thread about this same issue:

The forums are not a place where you will actually be able to affect change.  If all you guys want to do is gripe, then gripe away.  But I would hope that you all know by now that griping is the extent of what will be accomplished in this manner.

With that said, seriously - gripe away.  On the off chance that someone at Catalyst happens to read this thread, perhaps there might be a small chance of a change.  Writing posts on forums costs all of nothing to do, so it's still better odds than the lottery.  :P

I really don't like or appreciate the comment "don't post that here", as I stated in those other threads.  I have come to the conclusion that there are no other valid ways of giving them feedback. So, if posting here is useless, you're just being mean to point it out.

The forums are not a place where you will actually be able to affect change.

So... you think the mea culpa back in July was purely an internal thing and had nothing to do with forums and customer feedback?

^What he said. 

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #16 on: <09-18-14/1545:20> »
So... you think the mea culpa back in July was purely an internal thing and had nothing to do with forums and customer feedback?

I think that it had to do with the whole picture, not just these forums and not one thread in particular.  As I also said, which you conveniently ignored in your quote:

On the off chance that someone at Catalyst happens to read this thread, perhaps there might be a small chance of a change.

It's not that change doesn't come at all from forums.  It's just that we have to be realistic about things.  This is exactly the reason why Catalyst won't give us estimates on release schedules.  It's because everyone takes an estimate or an approximation to be etched in stone law.  What is more likely to change from these forums posts?  Catalyst overhauls everything and starts to give us everything we want when they say it will happen?  Or that Catalyst stops giving us approximations at all?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <09-18-14/1927:58> »
I wasn't conveniently ignoring anything. If you don't want a point addressed don't make it.

There, now we're all doing it.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-19-14/0013:03> »
I really don't like or appreciate the comment "don't post that here", as I stated in those other threads.  I have come to the conclusion that there are no other valid ways of giving them feedback. So, if posting here is useless, you're just being mean to point it out.

I never once said "don't post that here."  I said, literally - feel free to gripe away.  I'm simply pointing out that the odds of making change via this method are astronomically against you.  That doesn't mean to stop though, because as you've said there's not really any other good method of doing this.

I wasn't conveniently ignoring anything. If you don't want a point addressed don't make it.

There, now we're all doing it.

What are you talking about?  What point am I not wanting addressed?  And what are we all doing?

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Dangersaurus

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-19-14/1917:10> »
And what are we all doing?
Telling each other how to talk.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-19-14/2128:05> »
Look - at this point, I've said my piece.  I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from saying theirs, and I quite frankly don't see how anyone could have interpreted my statements as such.  But it's getting hostile in here, and it seems to be directed at me over something that I don't fully understand.  If anyone thought that me saying "go ahead and gripe" was somehow telling them "how to talk" or "not to post" then there's something wrong.  I apologize if my statements, which I thought were pretty clear, got misconstrued due to something I might have not said clearly.  Anyway, enjoy griping to each other on the internet.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #21 on: <09-19-14/2131:31> »
Guys, knock it off.  If you can't be civil, warnings and possible time away from the forums will be issued.

This situation *IS* being addressed.  Jason, Randall, myself, and every one of us at CGL is more than well aware of the issues.  And trust me, if we weren't already, the fact that it gets brought up in reply to anything and everything any of us say or post online would make us aware of it.  There have been problems.  BIG problems.  On a lot of fronts, with a lot of folks, but Jason, as line developer, took responsibility for those problems.  Now he's working to rectify them, as are a bunch of other folks.

The ETA on the FAQs is...  They're coming.  I don't know when, and I'm not about to even say "soon" because there's bound to be someone pissed tomorrow morning because I said "soon" and they assumed I meant "sometime in the next few hours".

I will say this.  As Missions Line Developer, I told the Missions community that I would have the updated Missions FAQ, including Street Grimoire, out before SG becomes Missions Legal, which happens October 10th, and that I was gunning to have it by the end of the month.  The FAQ already includes some Run & Gun errata.  I'm confident that I will keep to that statement, and I'm not pulling Errata out of thin air.

Make of that what you will.  In the meantime, I'm shutting this down, because there's not really any point to further discussion at this time, and some of you are having a hard time playing nicely with each other.