NEWS

Conspiracy Theories bring the crazy--it's out now!

• 108 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #75 on: <11-28-11/2200:51> »
I can just see a group of freaked out Runners going into a All-Night Hardware Store Chain, the Troll blocking the door with the largest thing around (Himself), while the rest of the crew corner the guy on duty, "We need your most potent, toxic, horrendous, illegal insecticide you have in the back room RIGHT FRAGGING NOW!"

"Um, dudes, why?  That stuff causes like cancer and stuff.  In minutes."  *Stares in horror as a Troll-Sized Cockroach beats against the shatter-proof glass*

"Right fragging now, man."

"Yeah, you can cut cancer out.  Can't cut out dead.  I'll show you were it is."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <11-28-11/2211:50> »
"Yeah, you can cut cancer out.  Can't cut out dead.  I'll show you were it is."

Hehe, good merge, bad merge...can't cut the bug out either.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #77 on: <11-28-11/2218:01> »
"Right fragging now, man."
This whole thing was beautiful. I needed that; thanks.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #78 on: <11-28-11/2220:16> »
Welcome.  Glad to be of assistance.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Catadmin

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
  • Is this Kansas?
« Reply #79 on: <11-29-11/1624:56> »
Seriously, Fizzy, STOP THAT.  :o You're giving me evil ideas and I don't think you want to see where I take a comment like that.

Unless, of course, you like the bugs... Is that it? You like bugs? You want bugs? I can give you bugs, Fizzy. Oh, yes I can...

Bwhahahahahahahahaha... ahem. I mean, stop giving me evil ideas, darnit!

Bugs? [munch, munch, munch], Oh yes, I like bugs. [munch, crunch, munch], They're very good. They are, [crack, pop, munch], better than hugs. [munch, munch, munch] But not better than hugs from [gulp] bugs. [toothy grin]

I GM, so bugs are good, case in point: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=1417.msg16594#msg16594

Hmm. I wonder if Jason will let me talk publicly about Buggagedon and Gnats of Doom.

:o Oh, wait. I didn't say that. There are no Gnats of Doom. Honest.  :-X
Brandie Tarvin
Author / DBA / SR Freelancer
blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.net
Twitter: WannaBeWriter06

Now Available - Space Tramps (Flying Pen Press) and Latchkeys Unlatched (on Kindle and Nook)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #80 on: <11-29-11/1627:00> »
Why do Gnat spirits scare me more than Cockroach spirits??

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #81 on: <11-29-11/1639:39> »
Because there are so many more of them? And they fly? Just guessin' here....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #82 on: <11-29-11/1704:40> »
One of the scariest things I ever came across in Shadowrun was a Wasp/Troll bad merge when we were hip deep in Bug City.  the size and strength of a troll, boosted by the bug spirit, plus the chitinous armor and wings of a Wasp. 

Yes, the bugger could FLY.

Couple that with the Hive Mind/Shared Willpower ability bugs had back then and the fact that the Wasp Queen for this nest was one of THE biggest spirits in the city (Force 16, IIRC), and *shudder*  Give me Cyberzombies any day :)

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #83 on: <11-29-11/1737:25> »
Mosquito Spirits in Winnipeg scare me.  They're already big and mean enough to hold their own in a fist-fight with me.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Argent

• Chummer
  • Doh! Wrong ammo clip!
« Reply #84 on: <11-30-11/0010:03> »
One of the scariest things I ever came across in Shadowrun was a Wasp/Troll bad merge when we were hip deep in Bug City.  the size and strength of a troll, boosted by the bug spirit, plus the chitinous armor and wings of a Wasp. 

Couple that with the Hive Mind/Shared Willpower ability bugs had back then and the fact that the Wasp Queen for this nest was one of THE biggest spirits in the city (Force 16, IIRC), and *shudder*  Give me Cyberzombies any day :)

Bull

You're gonna give me nightmares Bull. :P
Running the shadows since 1989.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <11-30-11/1039:39> »

Bull

SAMs, don't leave home without them.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #86 on: <11-30-11/1053:00> »
Will a SAM lock onto a Biological?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #87 on: <11-30-11/1108:44> »

Give me time!
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #88 on: <11-30-11/1110:56> »
Give me time!
*Looks out the window and gives some covering fire*  You got about fifteen seconds.  At best.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <11-30-11/1112:56> »
You know, I was just looking over Universal Brotherhood the other day and, in it, there's a baby that's got a bugmerge, kindasorta. (The mom was preggers when the merge happened. In the name of Science! they carried it to term.)

And now I have a mental image of an orphanage, where the babies are given Merges. And you get to have creepy Japanese-style disjointed babies crawling on ceilings and chittiny scuttling because they're small enough to fit inside the walls, just waiting for you to let your guard down.

Nothing better than kicking things off by the team picking up an adorable little baby that goos ... then pops its jaws as a pair of mandables slides out and snaps in the air.