NEWS

Grey Mana tech/ Blight and astral disruption ...changing SR permanently ?

• 9 Replies

Seras

• Chummer
« on: <01-12-19/1747:56> »
Hi guys,

I was thumbing through better than bad, and I think Humanis and the muslim world ( read Marrokko, Caliphate) are going to love this stuff and start to produce it en masse.

And they definatly will want the formula for themselves. I have already planned a nice run araound it 8).

Howver this does seem like a game changer to me. The ablity to remove Immunity to normal weapons from  (bug)spirits, will take away a lot of the scare.

This reminds of an earlier version of Shadowrun where anyone could hurt/attack spirits using their willpower...

What do you think ?
I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-13-19/0625:27> »
You already could harm them with enough AP value on your weapon (There is also the Neija Martial Art technique that you could use to attack spirits). But it does level the playing field against mages quite a bit. Definitely an improvement all in all.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <02-06-19/0659:26> »
The upside is, it helps against bug-spirits and such. The downside is: You still have to survive a combat turn before it kicks in. (Remember: 'Immediate' for drugs/toxins means end of CT.) And got to be careful with your own mages and spirits, since most spirits fight up close and personal. Your own astral rep will go significantly down if you force your spirits into this stuff.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <02-07-19/1608:03> »
This reminds of an earlier version of Shadowrun where anyone could hurt/attack spirits using their willpower...

The last few books do bring back a lot of things from earlier versions. Also Blight probably is a stopgap solution against how powerful spirits are in SR5. I don't expect it to be around in SR6, at least not in its current form, as the magic will get rebalanced anyway.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #4 on: <02-07-19/1909:33> »
...would kind of take some of the fun out of season 8.

All Leela would have needed was a clip of DMSO/Blight Grenades in her MPL 12 jury rig it to fire a full auto burst into the cave at a spread and the threat would have been neutralised a mission early.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-16-19/1115:03> »
Plus, let’s not forget that this isn’t a one-sided conflict. If (meta)humanity develops a new weapon or technique to fight the bugs, the bugs will adapt... and their response could get messy.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <02-16-19/1116:00> »
Plus, let’s not forget that this isn’t a one-sided conflict. If (meta)humanity develops a new weapon or technique to fight the bugs, the bugs will adapt... and their response could get messy.

What?  A foolproof couldn't possibly fail weapon has ever failed against the Bugs before?  Say it isn't so!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #7 on: <02-17-19/2311:28> »
...eventually. Maybe by season 24, but by then we should have have plasma weapons available (they already exist in the forbidden hardware section of Street Lethal just have to trickle down into the hands of the runner community).
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-17-19/2336:26> »
...eventually. Maybe by season 24, but by then we should have have plasma weapons available (they already exist in the forbidden hardware section of Street Lethal just have to trickle down into the hands of the runner community).

Still waiting for lasers and dikote to trickle down. It's only been thirty years...
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #9 on: <03-22-19/0411:03> »

Still waiting for lasers and dikote to trickle down. It's only been thirty years...

Lets not talk about lasers... I lost a LOT of money on them.... <Who the F**k has heard of a 1000% DECREASE in price in 5 years!!... Gaddamn ML3>

As to the other...

There will soon be 3 black vans, and 12 men in suits that want to talk to you at your front door. Just go with them, leave any jewelry, personal identification, and mementos at home.

<The first rule of Dikote post 2064 is to NOT mention Dikote. They will find you!> 
« Last Edit: <03-22-19/0412:48> by Reaver »
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.