NEWS

Great Topic

• 38 Replies

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« on: <09-03-10/1738:47> »
Been reading through Corp book this week and making a list of hints and leads that have plagued SR for years without any answers. 
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: <09-03-10/1745:48> »
Like why someone introduced Psycics as something special in Z-O?  Cause that one keeps me thinking someone didn't know the rules for magic when they were writing :D
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-10/2027:24> »
If you're going to list all the unanswered leads from past source books you'll need a LOT of paper. I think every book from first edition on has several leads and hints that were never fulfilled in an official or fictional sense.

Jackal

• Newb
  • JackPoint VPN Admin
« Reply #3 on: <09-03-10/2111:42> »
Like why someone introduced Psycics as something special in Z-O?  Cause that one keeps me thinking someone didn't know the rules for magic when they were writing :D

I predict they'll all go mad...
Dumpshock IRC Server

"This Snow Crash thing—is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?"
"What's the difference?"

"Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <09-03-10/2135:01> »
If you're going to list all the unanswered leads from past source books you'll need a LOT of paper. I think every book from first edition on has several leads and hints that were never fulfilled in an official or fictional sense.
Don't forget that many times the runners contradicted themselves with differing theories.

Me, I'd like to learn more about that Pendragon guy. Seriously? He just disappears back in the æther after the Queen takes out the Lord Protectoriat? And what about the sword? Did Laughing Man get it?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <09-03-10/2137:07> »
Me, I'd like to learn more about that Pendragon guy. Seriously? He just disappears back in the æther after the Queen takes out the Lord Protectoriat?
What was he supposed to do, stick around and rule?  His job was done.  Batman doesn't stick around and actually run the Gotham City PD, does he?   ;D

Random

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-03-10/2151:43> »
Like why someone introduced Psycics as something special in Z-O?  Cause that one keeps me thinking someone didn't know the rules for magic when they were writing :D

Actually did something with that in a game I GMed about 15 yrs ago (no type). Created a bunch of Adept powers around that theme....Not a very succesful experiment ;D
« Last Edit: <09-03-10/2201:07> by Random »

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #7 on: <09-05-10/0159:55> »
The resolution of the Pendragon storyline happened behind the curtain so to speak, surprised such a long running plot was wrapped up so quick and quiet.
(Maybe I'm just nostalgic for our long nights running missions in England after London sourcebook came out.)
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #8 on: <09-05-10/1123:30> »
What was he supposed to do, stick around and rule?  His job was done.  Batman doesn't stick around and actually run the Gotham City PD, does he?   ;D
But he should. :)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <09-05-10/1449:21> »
He does in Earth-2.

Seriously. Bruce Wayne became GPD Commissioner after Jim Gordon retired on Golden Age Earth-2. After he married Catwoman, of course. Made the dinner table awkward later on when their daughter became The Huntress and turned to vigilantism.

martian_bob

« Reply #10 on: <09-05-10/1509:29> »
He does in Earth-2.

Seriously. Bruce Wayne became GPD Commissioner after Jim Gordon retired on Golden Age Earth-2. After he married Catwoman, of course. Made the dinner table awkward later on when their daughter became The Huntress and turned to vigilantism.
Power Girl is still the best thing to come out of that continuity, IMHO.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #11 on: <09-05-10/1510:50> »
I think you mean Power Girl is the best two things.   ;D

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #12 on: <09-06-10/1840:28> »
The whole thing with pendragon would have made a great adventure to publish.

and not small time either big like the harleyquin books.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <09-06-10/1910:00> »
That's what I was hoping for. And to have a sidequest in there somewhere that Pendragon went to Tír na nÓg to address the court there... ;)

Turtletron

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <09-06-10/1925:30> »
Sorry if i look like the guy who don't follow, but who or what is Pendragon? ??? looks interesting.
(>) ...and I would have made it too, except for those nosey kids & their stupid dog...
(>) excerpt of The Smiling Bandit's taped deposition, Knight Errant casefile #E385h-0516