NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

WellsIDidIt

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <04-25-14/1822:33> »
Progressive Recoil on page 110 indicates that natural RC is 1 + Str/2.
SR 5 has it as 1 + Str/3 on page 175.

panopticon

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <04-26-14/0540:20> »
The ares 'one' monosword (p.19) seems underpowered and underpriced when compared to the monowhip or monochainsaw. As presented it is equivalent to a katana.

Serin_Marst

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <04-28-14/2159:33> »
Worse than a katana, really.  But that has as much to do with the katana being overstatted as it does with the monosword being understatted.

A couple more that I haven't seen mentioned:

The table on pg. 87 says trodes take up 1 capacity, the core rule book indicates they take up 2.

Pulseweave's rules say it has a number of charges equal to its rating; it doesn't have a rating.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #63 on: <04-29-14/0612:08> »
Worse than a katana, really.  But that has as much to do with the katana being overstatted as it does with the monosword being understatted.
((The Katana is pretty much the only two-handed 1-Reach weapon, so a price is paid for its stats.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #64 on: <04-29-14/0658:54> »
I'm going to have to +1 the fact that this product does not seem to have been well edited and several sections needed to be fleshed out further than they were.  Are we purchasing products or are we pre-ordering betas?  Because if this is the final result and we won't get an updated version without buying it again, it seems like maybe we got pwned.
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

martinchaen

« Reply #65 on: <04-29-14/0905:12> »
frankhlane
My personal recommendation and opinion only; chill.

If a digital product is updated and you bought it through DriveThruRPG or Battlecorps, you'll be able to download an updated copy from the respective store when the updated product is available. If you bought a paper product, you won't get an updated product in print, but can download errata documents just like everyone else.

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #66 on: <04-29-14/1108:50> »
frankhlane

If a digital product is updated and you bought it through DriveThruRPG or Battlecorps, you'll be able to download an updated copy from the respective store when the updated product is available. If you bought a paper product, you won't get an updated product in print, but can download errata documents just like everyone else.

It'd be great if wanting products to be finished and of high quality didn't warrant being told to "chill".
This is your ICQ number.  This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname. Your MSN messenger email address. This is your Yahoo! Instant Messenger nickname.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #67 on: <04-29-14/1154:51> »
frankhlane

It'd be great if wanting products to be finished and of high quality didn't warrant being told to "chill".
pretty much everyone here agrees with you, tempers do run high with these sorts of things however and Martin is just saying that you will get fixes for your products at no cost further down the line.
i know it sucks and i wish they'd bloody well check this stuff before posting it but lets avoid another flame/blame war for everyones sake
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

martinchaen

« Reply #68 on: <04-29-14/1215:03> »
<znip> Martin is just saying that you will get fixes for your products at no cost further down the line.
i know it sucks and i wish they'd bloody well check this stuff before posting it but lets avoid another flame/blame war for everyones sake
QFT.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #69 on: <04-29-14/1404:49> »
Not to mention that this is an Errata thread - not an opinion one.  Use this thread for opinions about Run & Gun.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

frankhlane

• Newb
« Reply #70 on: <04-30-14/0708:39> »
Not to mention that this is an Errata thread - not an opinion one.  Use this thread for opinions about Run & Gun.

Done.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #71 on: <05-01-14/0107:22> »
Piece of errata...

Page 31. The Nitama Sporter is mentioned as having a small internal magazine in the write-up. But the actual statblock has it having a clip, and one rated at 18 rounds. Which one is accurate?
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Calak

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <05-04-14/0724:32> »
Run and Gun errata
No prices or stats for (Anti-Vehicle) Assault cannon rounds though they are mentioned as a specific ammo type on the table labeled 'called shots by ammo type' on page 118,

same goes for Gauss cannon rounds, Hi-C rounds, And Gyroget rounds.

Unless i am wrong and someone can give me a page No.?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #73 on: <05-04-14/1541:20> »
((You're right, they're not listed. However, in the case of AV rounds and Hi-C rounds, that isn't necessarily an error, since they may be in future books. Just like how Background Count is already named in SR5, it means the info is central in the right place.

As for the others, their costs are missing but can be derived. With Gauss Rifles, they're kinda Assault Cannons so likely their rounds cost the same. For Gyrojet rounds, normal ones are likely Regular in costs, Gyrojet Plus is Explosive so +1/-1, Gyrojet Taser is Stick'n'Shock and Gyrojet Tracker = Tracker, and that determines both their damage and cost. But it's indeed missing in explanation.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Furious Trope

• Chummer
« Reply #74 on: <05-08-14/1902:18> »
The Shadow Block example on 126 revolves around someone trying to Dodge a bullet.  This cannot be done.

The dodge interrupt action (Pg 168, SR5), unlike block and parry, doesn't specify "melee" as the kind of attack it can be used against. Therefore, it can be used against both melee and ranged attacks.

Think of it less as trying to be Neo in the Matrix and more flipping around to make the shooter mis-predict where you're going to be.
You're only ever one bag of grenades away from chunky salsa.

http://powerwalkinginthedarkness.wordpress.com/