NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <12-23-15/2052:22> »
So wouldn't it have been possible to make it far more expensive to create something that's at least on par with an upgraded rotodrone?
Though the rotodrone did get nerfed by suddenly being a size larger now. Alternatively, it could of course be slightly cheaper as a budget package, no strong feelings from me either way.

Also questions:

• Can we assume that anthropomorphic drones have the equivalent of cyberlimbs with regular upgrade capacity, or do they have sort of primitive arms?
    Aka, can we put upgrades in them, specifically cyberware. Related, anthroforms have more hitboxes than other drones.
    If the above is a positive, how about the Duelist? Does it count as having arms with no hands? Or will it have only 6+ boxes?
  • Can drones use Riotshields fpr their own good? Provided they have arms.

May I also suggest a ruling along the lines of "Adding weapons to a drone cyberarm will cost 1 modpoint", or some similar clarification?

Regards
« Last Edit: <12-25-15/1546:34> by UnLimiTeD »
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #91 on: <12-23-15/2057:44> »
I kinda get that.. but stripping it completely of it's speed, shaving its armor then making it impossible to do all but the most minor of upgrades... it's a tough pill to swallow, THEN having it cost more after getting nerfed so badly just seems like a slap in the face.

I wouldn't quite say it's armor is shaved.  It lost 2 points, but you can improve it by 3 without using any mod slots.

Anyways, I have another Errata Question.
The rules for advanced chase combat don't quite make it clear what the effects of going at a different speed than the others in chase combat are.  If I'm going 3 and they're going 2, the only effects I see are that they have an easier time doing several actions...  Do they lose distance?  Is simply going faster than your pursuers a way to win the chase?  If I'm in a suped up Suzuki Mirage being chased by some guys in Ford Americars, and push it to it's modded speed of 7 while they're stuck at 3, what happens?

And one minor one--  The example vehicle scenes 2 and 3 mention character having control rigs installed, but they're either not accounted for in the examples, or the characters aren't using them, in which case mentioning them is misleading.  In Scene 2, Thrasher could have been jumped-in, but it's unclear.  In Scene 3, Daft is pretty clearly not jumped in.
« Last Edit: <12-23-15/2105:15> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #92 on: <12-23-15/2122:30> »
Oh, Scene 2 brings up another question...  The Fly-Spy drones do 3 extra damage because of their Speed of 3 (presumably as related to the Melee Attack chase action, where you add your Speed to the damage).  Now...  Do drones just always add their Speed, regardless of how they're moving, or were these drones going ~180 KPH when they swarmed?  The same goes for Speed apparently subtracting from the attacker's pool?  Or is this a case of "our examples are always wrong"?

I'm also still unclear about movement rates of drones and vehicles on standard-scale combat.  Especially with the new classifications on Speed for Ground and Rotor, I somehow don't think the Kanmushi was ever intended to be able to run at 20m a turn.  And can the Cheetah really go 160m each turn "walking"?  Is it a zero to max thing, too, or do they have to deal with Acceleration and take the Change Speed Simple Action like vehicles?  Do vehicles still have "running" rates, whatever the hell that's supposed to be...?
« Last Edit: <12-23-15/2125:25> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <12-23-15/2228:31> »
Even post 'free' upgrades we're looking at HANDL: 5. SPEED: 1R.  ACCEL: 1.  BODY: 3(0).  ARMOR: 15.  PILOT: 4.  SEN: 4

Handling upgrade 3,000 + Speed Upgrade 1,200 + Acceleration Upgrade 600 + Armor Upgrade 9,000 + Sensor Upgrade 4,000 + Pilot Rating 4 3,200

This totals up to a cost of 21,00 + 25,000 for the base drone for a total cost of 46,000 not counting autosofts.

And what does this get you? Handling 2 points higher than the old standard, but with it's truncated speed it's not worth that much... a damage soak roll the same as the old standard (having dropped 2 points of armor and 1 point of body), enhanced sensors and piloting. At a cost that is fragging close to DOUBLE the original cost of the drone.

I can understand why it might be nerfed for balance reasons... but if you're going to rip something's spine out then lower it's cost to suit, not increase it!
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #94 on: <12-24-15/0127:01> »
Are Technomancer Droneomancers viable with the nerf to the Autosoft rating ? 
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <12-24-15/0646:07> »
And what does this get you? Handling 2 points higher than the old standard, but with it's truncated speed it's not worth that much...
We need to factor in the different movement modes that are now being differentiated, though; Take a look at the rotodrone.

Dr0p5

• Newb
« Reply #96 on: <12-24-15/0657:42> »
Ok, some questions about drone/vehicle upgrades.

What does Fragile (1) mean ? (Ares Cheeta)
What is the weight limit and cost for single use bomb racks ? (Federated-Boeing Kull)

What are the stats for FlashTech and Teufelkatze flamer ? (BMW Teufelkatze)

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <12-24-15/0914:37> »
Did heavy weapon mounts change in the Rigger book?  Because with the Bumblebee's body reduced to three it no longer qualifies for the heavy weapon mount it was supposed to be carrying. 

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #98 on: <12-24-15/0918:00> »
Just like the Rotodrone it probably gets extra weapon slots.
The table above is the full package, and it still has that mount with 0 slots left.
The one sad thing is you can't upgrade it's amour to what it used to be without making it essentially immobile.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #99 on: <12-24-15/1025:54> »
Ok, some questions about drone/vehicle upgrades.

What does Fragile (1) mean ? (Ares Cheeta)

Fragile lowers the Body of teh Drone by 1, by ups the Mod Points by 2, a net gain of +1 Mod Point. (Thus a Body 3(3) Medium drone with Fragile becomes a Body 2(4) drone, but remains the same Medium size.)

What is the weight limit and cost for single use bomb racks ? (Federated-Boeing Kull)

Unlisted. It's "special equipment", unique to it at this time. There's a chance that you'll see bomb racks, bombs, and so forth in the not-so-distant future. For now, assume that the cargo pods are about a half-meter per side cube, but there would be other shapes available. (The drone's designed to fly low, stay mostly off radar due to small size, low speed, and low alititude, drop supply crates, then return to base.) It's a pretty poor combatant. :)

That, I dunno. Again, something that we'll need to stat up in the not-too-distant future! (Added it to the FAQ list, however.)

Dr0p5

• Newb
« Reply #100 on: <12-24-15/1736:30> »
Thanks for the answers so far, but i was not thinking about weapon usage for the bomb racks (this time  ;D ) but practical usage for resuply  in the field.
Actually I was able to get one of these for our campain in the sahara and need to know how much of equipment and other resuply (mainly water/food and ammo) i can put in one of these to keep the team running in the dessert while being chased by some self claimed warlord when our plans go wrong. (which normaly happens)

That, I dunno. Again, something that we'll need to stat up in the not-too-distant future! (Added it to the FAQ list, however.)
Does that also count for additional RCC´s and and mod rules for them ?
« Last Edit: <12-24-15/1746:54> by Dr0p5 »

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #101 on: <12-24-15/2016:21> »
I'm also still unclear about movement rates of drones and vehicles on standard-scale combat.  Especially with the new classifications on Speed for Ground and Rotor, I somehow don't think the Kanmushi was ever intended to be able to run at 20m a turn.  And can the Cheetah really go 160m each turn "walking"?  Is it a zero to max thing, too, or do they have to deal with Acceleration and take the Change Speed Simple Action like vehicles?  Do vehicles still have "running" rates, whatever the hell that's supposed to be...?

Seconded. Seriously, are we still bound to these ridiculous exponentially rising Tactical Movement Speeds from the Core Rulebook? If so: Then what is the Movement Rate of the new nerfed-into-oblivion Bumblebee with its Speed of 0?

Duck N. Cover

• Chummer
« Reply #102 on: <12-25-15/0238:09> »
ALSO! IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I'm going to be compiling a list of errata, questions, and so on to kick upstairs TONIGHT at midnight, central (That's 5 hours from now) ... if we're lucky, we can get updates to the print run, and get fixes into teh PDF, but Xmas is *right* *there*, so there's some hustle. ANything you got, POST IT HERE. I'll be gathering and pushing as soon as I get home.

(three days late)...Drat.

I noticed the Mitsuhama Akiyama (the assassination doll) from Hard Targets didn't make it into the Master list of vehicles/drones in the end of the book.
...Matter of fact, I think all the drones from HT were missed (Ammo Drone, Reloading Drone, Sparring Drone, pages 189-190).

Speech     Thought      Matrix/ Commlink

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <12-25-15/0807:41> »
Does that also count for additional RCC´s and and mod rules for them ?

The demand for more RCC options has verymuch been noticed.
<.<
>.>

I can't say more than that at this time! (dun dun dunnnnnnnn...)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <12-25-15/0814:38> »
Seconded. Seriously, are we still bound to these ridiculous exponentially rising Tactical Movement Speeds from the Core Rulebook? If so: Then what is the Movement Rate of the new nerfed-into-oblivion Bumblebee with its Speed of 0?

The new movement list (Speed * X KPH) is *officially* just for drones, but using it on other vehicles sure would solve a lot of issues, wouldn't it?

The Bumblebee, with a movement rate of 0R, would be moving at (0.5 * 60 kph) = 30 KPH, or about 19 MPH. This is about on par with the running speed of the average human, and plenty for an on-site drone. It's just not something that you'll fly across the city to deal with things. :)

And, yes, the Cheetah really is intended to run at 180 KPH (That's about 112 MPH!) ... I had it slower at first, but at Movement 4 it wasn't much faster than the real deal, and, honestly, the idea that it could keep pace with most cars was kinda cool, so I went with it. :)