NEWS

[6E] PbP Recruitment & OoC

• 187 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #150 on: <12-13-19/1408:35> »
Sorry I’ve not managed to push this along, I think you’ve got enough to keep you going over the weekend if you want to and I might manage the odd OoC...

Just in case you’re interested, I’ve signed up to RPG Crossing and I’m thinking of running the new Free Seattle adventure (SR6) there in the New Year. Built in D roller so not relying on Orokos :P

There may be one or two players there and if I can persuade some of you to join too that would be great, probably with a view to getting more people on to RPG Playroom in the long run ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #151 on: <12-13-19/1539:19> »
Can we push forward with taking out gangers, or would you rather we hold up at scouting and planning?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #152 on: <12-13-19/1819:15> »
These gangers are a speed bump not a real obstacle, although they have some non smart pistols and maybe a couple of shotguns so won’t be defenseless when 0day kills their smartlinks. Finish up the fight, add a couple of reinforcements plus the techno if it’s too easy... but leave me to describe their sorry corpses ::)

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <12-15-19/1831:20> »
Going to have the Technomancer have a summoned Fault Sprite at level 5:
Tasking (Level 5 Sprite): 14d6t5 5 10d6t5 4

Yikes, barely succeeded with 1 net hit. He'll ask the sprite to help him in the upcoming fight and attack his target using it's full arsenal.
Fade resist:
Drain resist (4): 12d6t5 1
Takes 3 Fade DV; he'll spend 2 edge to make a 4 into a 5, and only suffer 2 DV to avoid penalties.

Initiative:
Techno/Sprite Initiative: 10+3d6 18 11+4d6 22

So, 0day will go before both of them but we'll say they got the drop on him in round 3. Data Spike from both at 0day, and he'll spend a Major Interrupt action to go Full Matrix Defense. Because of his defense rating 0day will be earning edge (AR/DR 10/12 for the Techno, 13/13 for the Sprite, 17/18 for 0day) up to 2 per round.

Aaand, I'm running out of time. I'll pick this up in the morning.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <12-17-19/1638:57> »
Omen will continue to fire at the people trying to reload the rocket launcher:
Fire FA Burst: 2#16d6t5 5 3
Ganger Defense
Defense: 2#4d6t5 3 1
2 net successes for a total of 10 DV
Soak: 2#3d6t5 1 0
Another 2 critically injured gangers
Omen defends himself against whoever shoots at him:
Defense: 15d6t5 4[15d6t5=3, 6, 6, 3, 6, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 6, 4, 2, 2, 2]
Defense: 14d6t5 5[14d6t5=1, 6, 6, 4, 6, 4, 3, 4, 1, 5, 3, 3, 4, 6]

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #155 on: <12-17-19/1659:52> »
Cast spell: 12d6t5 5. 5 hits

Drain 1: 10d6t5 5 5 hits no drain

Bad guy resist: 4d6t5 0 Noda opsie
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #156 on: <12-17-19/1728:13> »
Which spell was it you cast EM?  I can take a guess from the IC but just to be sure...??

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #157 on: <12-17-19/1750:05> »
It was tri phantasm, seemed to be a good cat move to play with them
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #158 on: <12-17-19/1807:25> »
Evil lol... these guys are going to break, you've inflicted too much damage too fast... only Recall is going to be there in the matrix to give 0Day a hard time!

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #159 on: <12-20-19/0657:51> »
Writing up the 0day/Recall fight now. My god, ALL the cross referencing...

EDIT:
OK, I'll have the Techno try to Resonance Spike, and the Sprite try to Data Spike just for the experience, and, because, well, dissonance!

Resonance Spike:  Cracking 5 + Resonance 6 vs Willpower 6 + Firewall 8 + Full Matrix Defense (Firewall) 8
Resonance Spike: 11d6t5 2 14d6t5 5
Forgot to include my Firewall in the defense, but seeing as how I scored enough hits to defend I won't bother rolling. No Matrix DV, and Recall takes 5 OS: 0day has maxed out his Edge at 7.

Recall has to resist 4 Fade; Willpower 7 + Resonance 6
Resist Fade: 13d6t5 3
Takes 1 Matrix DV from Fade. Almost glitched with 6x 1s rolled, and no 4 to increase with Edge...

Sprite throws a Data Spike (Cracking 5 + Logic 5 vs Data Processing 8 + Firewall 8 + Full Matrix Defense 8)
Data Spike: 10d6t5 3 24d6t5 9
Aaaall right. Apparently, Full Matrix Defense can be crazy powerful... Sprite takes 9 OS, and the attack fails.

0day will attempt to retaliate with a Data Spike of his own, using the combination of Overclock, Fork, Lockdown, and Blackout to stun these guys into oblivion:
Data Spike (vs Techno & Sprite): 14d6t5 5 1d6t5 1 12d6t5 1 13d6t5 4
+3 successes for the hit on the Wild Die, for 5+3=8 so far. In the interest of ending this combat before it gets a chance to even start, and since 0day is maxed out on Edge, he'll spend 4 points of edge to reroll failures.

Edge Re-roll: 9d6t5 3
Another 3 successes, for a total of 11.

Recall manages 1 hit on defense while the sprite got 4, for a total of 10 and 7 net hits respectively.
Base DV of 5, for a total of 15 and 12 Matrix DV, respectively. This is Biofeedback damage since 0day has Blackout loaded, but condition monitor wise the Technomancer is taking stun damage anyway and the Sprite only has a Matrix Condition Monitor so the only thing this changes is that they both resist with Willpower instead of Firewall.

Matrix DV resist (Techno & Sprite): 7d6t5 4 5d6t5 2
Technomancer takes 11 Stun Damage, which, coupled with his existing 3 DV from Fade resisting the sprite compile and complex form puts him to sleep (I can't remember if Stun damage is converted to Physical damage in 6th; note to self to look this up).

The Sprite takes 10 Matrix DV, and I can't find a specific listing for what their total is. Their Device Rating is equal to their "rating", which I presume means Level. In this case the Fault Sprite is Level 5, which means it's condition monitor is 8+(5/2, rounded up), for a total of 11, so it has a single box left.

0day's OS increases by 5 for defensive hits, plus 2 for taking an illegal action modified by a Hacking program. Both personas would have been linklocked, but since the Technomancer falls unconscious I believe it's Matrix connection is lost.

I do not see anything in the rules about what happens to an unregistered sprite if it's compiler is taken out of action. Oh, never mind, page 192 has the answer:
"Sprites are connected to the technomancer who compiled them as long as that technomancer is connected to the Matrix. That connection can be used to send words, images, video—whatever form of communication is needed is available. If the technomancer loses their connection to the Matrix, the
sprite will go about the task they were given when the link was lost. If the sprite is unregistered, the time limit for their existence still applies."

So it will try to get another attack in before 0day blows it to pieces.
Data Spike (at -3): 7d6t5 3 16d6t5 7
Attack fails, Sprite takes another 7 OS, 0day gets +1 Edge.

I can't actually find any hard rules on wound modifiers anywhere, but the character sheet states that you take wound modifiers as "Dice Pool modifier on tests". Defense is a test, so presumably you also take wound modifiers on defense? I will presume yes for the purposes of this next attack...
Data Spike (at Sprite): 14d6t5 3 1d6t5 0 10d6t5 5

+2 Edge becomes +1 because of the per turn limit. Also, hah! The sprite actually defended, and I rolled another 1 on the wild die. Whelp, time to spend 4 more edge on rerolling failures:
Edge reroll: 11d6t5 2 1d6t5 0
Wow. Orokos really liked me the first time around, but not the second.

At least the wild die changed to a 2. And this is interesting; this results in a tie (5 vs 5 successes), but SR6 changed the tie result to go to the aggressor unless net hits are required for an effect. In the case of Data Spike, Net Hits are added to the DV inflicted, so the Sprite would just suffer the base DV of 5.
Damage resist: 5d6t5 1

Another 4 DV caused, which exceeds the sprites condition monitor and it is decompiled back into the dissonance.

0day is down to 1 Edge, but he has emerged victorious! Also, +7 OS, which puts him at a total of 14+7+7+28. Time to reboot, pronto.

Yikes, that is a lot of rolling, and data to consider. Now to write up the IC...
« Last Edit: <12-20-19/0756:53> by ZeroSum »

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #160 on: <12-20-19/1037:42> »
That was a heroic write up -- so much rolling!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #161 on: <12-20-19/1901:16> »
Indeed epic! Thank you ZeroSum. Also interesting, matrix full def made a massive difference there, something to remember for the future! <evil grin>

Not sure that I’ll be able to get any more IC up before the holidays now although I’ll still be lurking no doubt...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #162 on: <01-03-20/1041:42> »
Happy new year!

I put up a quick IC to get us moving again, ZeroSum you back with us? I’ve heard from Beta and Gwilym on RPG so they are around!

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #163 on: <01-08-20/0743:55> »
Yep, I'm here!

EDIT:
I just realized I have no idea how to track Recall's physical location. Once he went lights out I presume he would have lost his matrix connection, so tracing his location would be impossible.

On the other hand I did have him linklocked, so maybe his connection stays open? No, wait, I had to reboot my deck to deal with OS, so that's out too. I'll just roll Matrix Perception to look for a concentration of devices? Or something like that...

EDIT2:
If the owner of the last smartgun that 0day didn't brick is still alive, I could somewhat easily track him down using Trace Icon. I'll make the rolls just in case; even if it can't be used for this guy, between the Horizon drone and 0days Perception roll and a trace icon action on any of the gangers in the area (or, more specifically, their commlinks or whatever) we should be able to find one of these mooks to capture. Plus, it's good practice for an aspect of the Matrix I haven't dealt with yet.

Trace Icon requires Admin access, which means Probe and Backdoor entry first. It'll take about a minute to set up the backdoor, and then 3 seconds to initiate the trace.

Probe: 15d6t5 2 4d6t5 0
Backdoor Entry: 17d6t5 6 4d6t5 1
Trace Icon: 15d6t5 7 2d6t5 1

That's maxed out my Edge at 7, but I'll only keep 5 going into the next scene as per the Edge rules. OS of 2 (defensive hits only, no hacking programs used because it wasn't necessary) which won't increase as Backdoor Entry doesn't count as "illegal" Admin access for the purposes of OS, so as long as no other illegal actions are taken I can trace the icon to a physical location for as long as necessary.
« Last Edit: <01-08-20/1111:47> by ZeroSum »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #164 on: <01-10-20/0755:21> »
So you can nab the ganger in the woods or let him carry on to his destination... a minute or so of running through the woods seemed about right to place him near their turf but not in it!