NEWS

War!

• 101 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <12-14-10/1658:19> »
Sticky grenades? That's a good one. And they have the THOR a bit underpowered. They forgot the shockwave, heat wave, and returning shock wave. If i'm not mixing something up.
Everything within 200 meters of the strike is automatically destroyed is underpowered?

Think of it this way, for you to witness a Thor strike and have no chance of being effected by it, you have to be 800 meters (or almost half a mile) away.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #16 on: <12-14-10/1704:58> »
You'd probably have to be further away than even that to have no chance of being affected.  Shrapnel and blast debris can fly a long, long way from the explosion.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #17 on: <12-14-10/1711:41> »
That's my point exactly. That kind of mass falling almost unburned, and with it's shape powering up the effect (by adding velocity, and impact energy). I'm okay with that 200m. I'd just rule something like 'burn edge to survive' up to 400m.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #18 on: <12-14-10/1713:25> »
Then up to 600m is the "You'll wish you had died" zone.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #19 on: <12-14-10/1753:37> »
No word on whether there will be any Adventure/Campaign books to follow. Perhaps Mr. Hardy could stop by and post some speculative ideas?

No ETA on when we'll get these released on PDF (hopefully soonish), but one of the Convention Missions that was run at Gen Con and Dragon*Con this year takes place in Bogota.  Doesn't really foillow up the storyline, but it does tie in a little. :)  The adventure is CMP 2010-08 "Stormcrow Undone".

Bull

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-14-10/1830:38> »
OMG! Like I soooooo want a Ka-Ge Bandanna!!! Maybe make one out of an old issue...if I can find two copies of same issue.

I find out you destroyed 2 copys of Ka*Ge when I got none I might need to find you and destroy you!  :o

Arrrg! I so wanted to make you try to hunt me, Casazil. :( But it turns out I had only thought I had any Ka-Ge issues when instead I only have Shadowland issues. :( And only single copies of those. :( And not the issue that had the fiction I wrote. :( But that's because it folded before it got to print. :( Which probably happened because I use to many emoticons. :( And that makes me sad. :(

But War! :) Mmmm. Yes is good.

Hey, with a 1,200,000¥ price tag on a Thor...I'm assuming that doesn't include the cost to get it into orbit (either as ballistic missile or on a sat)? Though even without something to launch it from it's a damn formidable paperweight :)
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #21 on: <12-14-10/1906:15> »
BOOYA!! THOR SHOTS!! 8) 8) 8)

I have all the Shadowlands that got printed too.

As for the thor damage area it sounds good I maen in Rifts if you stand 51 feet away from a nuke you live  ;D
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <12-14-10/2253:13> »
Heh...

Quote from: War!, p. 159
Damage Code for the smallest feasible [i.e. suitcase nuke] nuclear device would be over 130P, –6/m.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #23 on: <12-15-10/1357:13> »
Standing anywhere near even a teeny tiny nuke would definitely fall under my instant death umbrella.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #24 on: <12-15-10/1408:03> »
Great, as if I didnt ALREADY have enough to buy...any word on release for Dead Tree Format yet?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #25 on: <12-15-10/1410:53> »
Great, as if I didnt ALREADY have enough to buy...any word on release for Dead Tree Format yet?
No date listed on the SR site nor BattleCorps, but it is a pre-order for the book.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #26 on: <12-15-10/2124:09> »
No date listed on the SR site nor BattleCorps, but it is a pre-order for the book.

Mebbie Santa will have some leftover 'yen in his sack for me...

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #27 on: <12-15-10/2209:46> »
Well, my wallet might get a bit lighter before then. The BT crew just released four PDFs too...

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #28 on: <12-15-10/2227:37> »
Tell me about it, I've had some XTROs in my sights for some time, along with some field guides and some dead tree reading material (yeah TRO3085 and Jihad HotSpots: Terra, Im talking to YOU!!).

I end up splitting a lot of time between the BT and SR forums, and sometimes it gets tough to choose.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #29 on: <12-15-10/2253:59> »
Oh, Hotspots: Terra is DEFINITELY worth it.