NEWS

Magical weapon for an NON-awakened character

• 67 Replies

Werther

• Newb
« on: <11-01-12/2006:23> »
My Urban Shaman is the only awakened character in the table and he want make a gift for the Street Sam, something take makes him hurt spirits or manifested. I've been studiyng the books for a while and didn't find a canon way to make that gift possible. Any ideas?

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #1 on: <11-01-12/2022:49> »
Cheap Ally spirit possesing a weapon or even better inhabating a housecat of DOOOOM? It gets ITNW equal to double force, the missile weapon that keeps on giving? Ok it`s late and I think thats a clear sign I need to go get some quality sleep.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #2 on: <11-01-12/2025:28> »
Short answer: there isn't one.

Long answer:

"To the first party to develop a magic item that can be used by a mundane, I leave the medium-sized chunk of orichalcum I keep in my sock drawer at Lake Louise."
-- The Last Will and Testament of the Great Dragon Dunkelzahn.

Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #3 on: <11-01-12/2057:54> »
Short answer: there isn't one.

Long answer:

"To the first party to develop a magic item that can be used by a mundane, I leave the medium-sized chunk of orichalcum I keep in my sock drawer at Lake Louise."
-- The Last Will and Testament of the Great Dragon Dunkelzahn.

I always wondered: medium compared to human or dragon form?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-01-12/2104:41> »
Well, that's the 88,000¥ per unit question, isn't it?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <11-01-12/2128:40> »
Only ways I know under the current rules are the following:

1) Get an ally spirit to take the form of a weapon. You'll need to be an initiate, write or pay for a formula, and spend a bunch of karma.

2) Get an inhabitation spirit to make a good merge with a weapon.

Needless to say, both these methods are not easy to come by. A better bet would be to give the sammy a nice supply of Stick-n-shock ammo for his favorite gun. Or just buy him a Panther XXL modded to BF.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mournclaw

• Chummer
  • The trees have eyes... And so do I!
« Reply #6 on: <11-02-12/1246:37> »
Or you just could make a spell that puts an elemental aura on weapon and quicken it on something. Doesn't make the weapon magical, but at least could do some damage with the spell on it.

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #7 on: <11-02-12/1346:08> »
in regards to the chunk, it's the "medium" of the 5 chunks in the drawer.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-02-12/1359:07> »
Buy him a Vibrosword and some more fencing lessons.

But it is possible via Enchanting and creating a Unique Enchantment--pending GM approval of course.

Burn it with Fire

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-02-12/1511:13> »
Kurokawa, The Black River, katana, weapon focus force 6. It is in the Digital Grimoire  page 7, it can be used both by mundane or awakened and it automagically bonds... Use it as a basis and talk to your GM about designing one yourself.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-02-12/2047:38> »
Well, it's officially valid, yeah.  Clearly someone needs to collect that chunk of orichalcum...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-02-12/2203:04> »
The problem, of course, being that anyone who stepped forward would be the immediate target of who knows how many extraction/assassination/theft attempts.

My Characters

Noble Drake

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <11-02-12/2216:15> »
I'm not sure that Kurokawa, being an example of a unique enchantment, counts since it seems to only exist within that example.

The fact that it defies a "rule" of magic without the section on making your own unique enchantments saying that they are able to break the rules of magic makes me even less willing to believe it should be regarded as official.

You know, unless you also want to have unique enchantments that do other rule breaking... like resurrection and teleportation.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <11-02-12/2231:14> »
Resurrection and teleportation aren't available... yet. Kurokawa is official. That bit of fiction at the start of the Magical Goods chapter in Street Magic is Lyran handing it over to her client. So it is possible. But it might as well have been made of Unobtanium.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #14 on: <11-03-12/0212:12> »
There are weapon 'artifacts' out there that work just as well for mundanes as awakened IIRC...
The problem is finding them...

The scalpel used by Mendela during WW2 to vivisect Jews and POWs comes to mind (AFB ATM and can't remember where it was...)

Just take care when playing with the "golden rules" of SR magic.... It's already incredibly powerful and it's easy to mess up both the awe and flavor of the setting by "bending" these rules...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.