NEWS

Neo Tokyo characters

• 21 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #15 on: <02-11-19/0229:38> »
How many missions are in Chicago?

Those are some very big Karma amounts that people are listing so I'm wondering if the awards are that high or if there are 50+ missions to do.

...the total for Leela comes from the Chicago core missions, CMPs (which go back to 2010) and 2 of the special April Fool's missions.  Admittedly I have been playing her quite a bit over the last couple years and she has also done some Working for the People stints in downtime.

My Bushido Cowgirl adept KK is at 364 Karma, has not been on as many missions as Leela but has done more Working for the People as she is awakened, and thus is a total Karma sink (Grade 7 initiate adept with a Magic Attribute of 7 [she began with a MAG of 4 and only two powers, Improved Initiative 2 and Combat Sense 3 using 1 PP for some minor bio that was all upgraded to Beta during play]). She is also a member of the Desolation Angels by GM fiat.  KK has yet to complete Season 8.

For Chicago characters there are 56 CMPs, 24 Core Season, 3 Prime Runner, and 3 Special missions totalling 86.  At an average of 7 Karma per mission that would be just over 600 Karma total for completing them all.  The only way one could receive more is through working for the people and/or applying GM Karma awards to the character. 

Admittedly I have been playing Leela quite a bit and she has also done some Working for the People stints in downtime.  I have not started GMing yet.

NT characters are not allowed to participate in Chicago CMPs and likewise Chicago characters are not allowed to participate in NT CMPs

« Last Edit: <02-11-19/0232:22> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-11-19/1354:28> »
Are the CMP ones available for purchase?  I'm not doing missions officially, just a GM with a game group who doesn't have the time to write my own stuff anymore.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-11-19/1610:27> »
Are the CMP ones available for purchase?  I'm not doing missions officially, just a GM with a game group who doesn't have the time to write my own stuff anymore.

kind of sort of, both the SRM missions and the CMP missions are all supposed to eventually get repackaged and available for sale to the general public, but CGL has not put much of a priority on them lately so they are at least a year behind publishing them
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #18 on: <02-11-19/2013:18> »
...more than a year behind.  Here are the the CMPs that are available according to the latest FAQ (1.3 combined):

Sprawl Wilds [CMP 2010 1 - 4]
  • Manhunt
  • Carbon Copy
  • Ashes
  • Humanitarian Aid
Firing Line [CMP 2010 5 - 8]
  • Lost Islands Found
  • Deconstructing Patriots
  • Congressional Conspiracies
  • Undone
London Falling CMP 2012 1 - 4)
  • Swing Vote
  • Five Minutes to Midnight
  • Silicon Slick
  • Depth Charge
Boundless Mercy CMP 2014 1 - 4)
  • Recon
  • Search
  • Recover
  • Destroy

The first three seasons of the core Chicago missions are available as well, though not as compiled sets like the CMPs.  Only the first two missions of Season 8 have been released.

The Prime Runner Missions available include (each an individual product):

Killing Pawn
A Holy Piece of Wetwork (ties in with the Boundless Mercy CMP Series)
Jumping Ship

The Special Missions that are available include (each again an individual product):

Friendship is Tragic
UnConventional Warfare.

...OK back to our regularly scheduled discussion about NeoTokyo Characters.
« Last Edit: <02-11-19/2018:23> by kyoto kid »

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #19 on: <02-16-19/1618:39> »
...getting back to the topic at hand, is there anyone who feels their NT characters feel a but "ill equipped (skill, attribute and gear)" for the CMPs?

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-16-19/2043:25> »
Ran / Played through most of the Cerulean Shadows and Viva Las Vegas CMPS with NT characters.  Went fine. 

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-16-19/2140:49> »
...getting back to the topic at hand, is there anyone who feels their NT characters feel a but "ill equipped (skill, attribute and gear)" for the CMPs?

If I can actually get in a online game I'm sure my latest character idea would suck, i'm kind of terrible at making characters.  I'm just hoping they get these seasons up and purchasable by the time we finish Chicago and the few games I filter in on my own.  I honestly don't get the hold up, they exist upload them to drive-through, profit. There are players outside of cons, official games.

anyways my most recent character idea is below. My idea was based on a mage who was in astral forensics where he would secure a scene astrally and then start looking for signatures. Thanks to his gremlins and bad luck he ended up on the wrong side of the law when his SIN got deleted when he was classified as dead which made it seem like he had a fake Sin and not a real one in order to land his job at that point he made a break for it into the shadows. he knew a handful of utility spells along with a couple self defense spells, he primarily relies upon magic fingers and his close combat skills to fight, using clairvoyance preparations to stay out of sight. I'd love to take a remote operation type specialty on them at some point but i don't think that exists. maybe a martial art. But like most my ideas it ends up being pretty scattered.

Though this would be more appropriate for the character critique pages.  If i knew how to spoiler tag something i would

Crafty
METATYPE: HUMAN
B 2, A 2, R 2, S 1, W 5, L 6, I 5, C 5, ESS 6, EDG 2, M 6
Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 11
Armor: 12
Limits: Physical 2, Mental 8, Social 7
Physical Initiative: 7+1D6
Astral Initiative: 10+3D6
Active Skills: Alchemy (Command +2) 6, Arcana 1, Artisan 6, Assensing 6, Astral Combat 6, Binding 6, Close Combat Group 4, Con 1, Etiquette 1, Perception 2, Sneaking 4, Sorcery Group 6, Summoning 6
Knowledge Skills: Baking 1, Bars Neo Tokyo 1, magical theory 3, magicall Forensics 2, Mixed Drinks 1, parabiology 2, Parabotony 2, Parageology 2, parazoology 2, police procedure 1, Zoology  2
Languages: English N, Japanese 3
Qualities: Bad Luck, Focused Concentration (5), Gremlins (2), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Fire-Bringer, Simsense Vertigo
Spells: Fling, Heal, Magic Fingers, Physical Mask, Punch
Rituals: Ward
Alchemical Preparations: Clairvoyance, Increase Reflexes, Petrify
Gear:
. . Armor Jacket
. . Atomizer
. . Atomizer Cartridge x10
. . Concealable Holster
. . Identity: Specify Name w/ Fake SIN (4), License to Practice Magic: License to Practice Magic (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
. . Meta Link
. . Sony Angel
. . Transys Arthur
Weapons:
. . Telescoping Staff [Club, Reach 2, Acc 4, DV 3P, AP –]
. . Throwing Knife x10 [Throwing Weapon, Acc 2, DV 2P, AP -1]
. . Stun Dongle [Club, Reach 1, Acc 4, DV 9S(e), AP -5] w/ Internal Battery
Contacts:
Beat Cop (Connection 2, Loyalty 3)
Fixer (Connection 3, Loyalty 2)
Talismonger (Connection 3, Loyalty 2)
Starting ¥: 3D6 × 60¥

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Shadowrun © 2005-2019 The Topps Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc.

« Last Edit: <02-16-19/2143:04> by Shinobi Killfist »