NEWS

5e Cyberwear costs

• 3 Replies

LongGoneWriter

• Newb
« on: <05-22-16/1142:17> »
Hey all. Just been poking around Shadowrun 5e, and my D&D 3.5 munchkin brain needed a better visualization of how the various grades of cyberwear affect Essence and monetary costs. So, without further ado,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13JMRyWQ6Ju7gvadG9peuFiGNXNjRcU1rg2M4pEmlD0U/edit?usp=sharing

Thought I'd try to help, make a nice resource? Let me know how I did.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-22-16/1941:38> »
Headware capacity comes from Cyberskulls/Half-Skulls. Also some headware items can be installed in other cyberlimbs
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-22-16/2355:08> »
There's nothing really restricting where you install various pieces of 'ware; the labels, 'bodyware' and 'headware' are more a suggestion.  It's popular, for example, to install a smuggling compartment in cyberlimbs.

That said, others are somewhat explicitly limited.  Can't rightly install a tooth compartment in your toe.  (That said, I'd totally let someone install a fingertip compartment in their toe.  Especially if it had a monofilament whip inside.)

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-23-16/0744:50> »
There's nothing really restricting where you install various pieces of 'ware; the labels, 'bodyware' and 'headware' are more a suggestion.  It's popular, for example, to install a smuggling compartment in cyberlimbs.

That said, others are somewhat explicitly limited.  Can't rightly install a tooth compartment in your toe.  (That said, I'd totally let someone install a fingertip compartment in their toe.  Especially if it had a monofilament whip inside.)

Subject to GM approval.  There are some folks out there with strong feelings as to where a Datajack can be installed.  I'd also say most Earware and Eyeware isn't particularly flexible on location.  But a Toetip compartment or a belly button DataJack is fine.  IMO, YMMV, and all that.