NEWS

a covert yet common clothing/armor in sr5

• 45 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #15 on: <01-24-15/2236:27> »
... anything covering the face, I suppose, which in itself is going to make you stick out.  Sorry.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #16 on: <01-24-15/2237:13> »
Put ranks in disguise, dude.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #17 on: <01-25-15/0136:28> »
So formfitting body armor or chameleon suit and acceptable clothing for different areas but keep dusters for when you need to change between multiple areas got it that what I got thank guys for your help

Another question would be what types of hats are available that would help hid my characters identity among different areas of he would get a lot of Notoriety

Please.  Stop posting things while you're high.  It's REALLY hard to understand what you're trying to get across.  "among different areas of he would get a lot of Notoriety" - what on earth does this even mean?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-25-15/0306:13> »
i Wonder if CGL is gonna ..."reinvent" the Hologram Suits (from Tegmentum IIRC) from SR4A ?

with a Holographic Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <01-25-15/1007:35> »
... anything covering the face, I suppose, which in itself is going to make you stick out.  Sorry.
Respirators cover the face, and wearing them is necessary in some places. And adviced in many others. And if your standard mode of locomotion is a motorcycle, full biker gear would be perfectly reasonable - it's even mentioned in "Run & Gun" by 2XL. Lined dusters should be all right as long as there's no obvious plating - it can be difficult to tell whether or not clothes ARE reinforced with kevlar. Besides, with all the rain - sometimes ACID rain - in Seattle, shoud be quite common.

Ravensong

• Newb
  • Maxim 13 - Do unto others.
« Reply #20 on: <01-27-15/0105:08> »
Please.  Stop posting things while you're high.  It's REALLY hard to understand what you're trying to get across.  "among different areas of he would get a lot of Notoriety" - what on earth does this even mean?

It is a bit funny, Namikaze.

My 2 cents: Go for Orthoskin and an armored vest. Goes with everything.
Brad: We're gonna be bodyguards for teen rock-stars.
Schlock: Wouldn't the cause of freedom be better served if we killed them instead?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-27-15/0111:02> »
Online, more than anywhere, you are as you present yourself to be - as Ennesby well knows.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <01-27-15/0233:04> »

It is a bit funny, Namikaze.

My 2 cents: Go for Orthoskin and an armored vest. Goes with everything.
but not with awakened ;)

Hough!
Medicineman

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #23 on: <01-27-15/1626:21> »
I'm a huge fan of the Globetrotter Jacket from Run & Gun.  It comes with a holster and 4 points of environmental protection, offers the same protection as an Armor Jacket, and still maintains 10 more modification slots.  If you added it all together, it's like getting 12 armor and 15 mod slots instead of 12 armor and 12 mod slots.  Plus, because it's a name brand you can probably wear it around and it'll just look like you're into militant stuff.

I really like this, and I have just the char.  Thanks
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-27-15/2059:02> »
Respirators cover the face, and wearing them is necessary in some places. And adviced in many others. And if your standard mode of locomotion is a motorcycle, full biker gear would be perfectly reasonable - it's even mentioned in "Run & Gun" by 2XL. Lined dusters should be all right as long as there's no obvious plating - it can be difficult to tell whether or not clothes ARE reinforced with kevlar. Besides, with all the rain - sometimes ACID rain - in Seattle, shoud be quite common.

If you're on a bike, sure.  If you're trying to get into a decent restaurant, not so much.  I'm always a little surprised how many players think they can wear a ballistic mask everywhere.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #25 on: <01-27-15/2139:59> »

If you're on a bike, sure.  If you're trying to get into a decent restaurant, not so much.  I'm always a little surprised how many players think they can wear a ballistic mask everywhere.

Ballistic Mask? No. But if your characters are somewhere really cold, they could probably get away with a ski mask so long as they're outdoors. Once you enter a building it's good manners to remove said mask, however.

vallen

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <01-28-15/2311:09> »
Ok let me calify I am Autistic aka ausburgers disorder so I have some trouble ok so lay off and I'm talking about something like a hat or hoodie of some sort would be acptable and thus I come to you guys please help me become a better player at tabletop RPG thanks

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-28-15/2326:53> »
... online, more than anywhere, you are as you present yourself to be.  Review your post before you hit 'post'.  And then review it again.  I know a young man who is likewise learning disabled, who is barely coherent in speech.  He carefully reviews everything he writes, and comes across very well in text and posting.

To the point of the topic, a hat is one thing, but to change the appearance of a character who has a high Notoriety, you want a full facial disguise.  Get levels in the skill, and look for any and all disguise kits in current and upcoming books.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Ravensong

• Newb
  • Maxim 13 - Do unto others.
« Reply #28 on: <01-28-15/2330:27> »
No worries Vallen. Take your time. Here to support you. Thanks for letting us know.

Depending on GM, you may have a fairly wide amount of freedom to design your look using the standard armors as a template. Ie: Add a cool hood to your standard armored jacket. No extra bonuses, mind you, but will give you the look you like and the protection you need.

An operative style character is looking to be a chameleon in at least one of two primary ways: 1. Literally hiding in the shadows, think Chameleon suit and Sleeping Tiger, or similar high tech solutions; or 2. a social chameleon, think a set of clothes to blend into the environment you are moving in, Executive Suite in corp settings, Biker Armor in gang land, etc.

Personally, I like the armored vest and a few varied sets of clothing. If you don't mind the essence loss, orthoskin really does rock. Similarly Second skin from Run & Gun is a cool option. Globetrotter is a solid choice as well. Hope this is helpful Vallen.

PS - Disguise is uber helpful to keep a true low profile.
Brad: We're gonna be bodyguards for teen rock-stars.
Schlock: Wouldn't the cause of freedom be better served if we killed them instead?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <01-29-15/0020:30> »
Fashion too.
 theres some real pages about Punk Fashion,Hairdo & Makeup that prevents facial recognition Software from working.
Talk to your GM to introduce that ingame.
In SR what helss the most is magic. either Spells or Adept Powers.
in SR4A there's also lots of cyber and Bioware to change your appearence , if you want to use these too, you have to talk to your GM.
and they have wearable Holograms (like the Spell physical mask just with Technology instead of Magic)
and morphable fashion (Lux Loafers or Modez IIRC)
in 4A too ;)

HokaHey
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <01-29-15/0024:24> by Medicineman »