Off-topic > Off-off-topic

Petition to Strip the Star Wars License from EA

(1/2) > >>

Eric da MAJ:
Not the biggest problem in the world.  But a prime example of exploitative corporate culture that impacts much more than gaming.

https://www.change.org/p/lucasfilm-revoke-ea-s-star-wars-license

Reaver:
Not an entirely accurate lead in article. EA has had a Star Wars franchise liecense in extension through their purchase of Bioware.

Bioware has had A SW liecense sincd I think 2001? With their SWTOR products.... which as I recall was a huge legal issue in property rights when Lucas Arts was sold to Disney.

No one is speaking in the terms the people who make discissions speaks in this article, so it will go nowhere.

Disney has already been paid by EA so they don't care. As far as Disney is concerned, its their product to fuck up on. EA will continue to hold the rights until another studio can offer more money. And there is not many studios with EA's pocket depth.

Eric da MAJ:
If The Mouse doesn't give a shit, The Mouse doesn't give a shit.  It's not like that possibility wasn't predicted.  But at least according to rumor, EA backed down a little because The Mouse was catching the bad PR fall out.

AJCarrington:
EA lost something like $3.5B in stock value over the past several weeks...I’m guessing guessing this fiasco will firce them to pause and rethink things. For a short time at least 😉

Reaver:
I hope so...

But EA is nothing but greedy.... so greedy they actually copyrighted a 'lootcrate' mechanism!

I'm just glad to see them take it for a change instead of always giving it.... without lube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version