• TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #121 on: <06-09-13/1650:47> »
So, when is Zuul and Vinz Clortho showing up?  ;D

They are already here

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #122 on: <06-22-13/2220:34> »
Then there's Sybil, which we still don't have a good grasp on... you know what, forget the data jack... i'll use goggles and bio-ware.
We don't know if bioware implantation use nanotech, you know. That could be in some body areas;) So maybe no implanted character is safe.
It it uses nano tech it would the pink goo kind which can't be reprogrammed. So unless it's in the nanites from the get go you should be safe.
Muhuhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

New hint about that or just something to stress us out?;) I guess I would not take the chance.
As I said there, For the nanite part, we don't know if they act directly, through their programming, in which case Damien is right, or as a relay for something else. Remember, a little things are not working in conventional ways here.
Sometimes it feels like the nanites could be the medichlorians the Sybil needs to express its force. Again, that's gonna be nasty.

And they seems to take a great pleasure to what the reveal's gonna be. I guess a lot of players won't;)
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".
The more it changes, the more it is not the same  any more...:P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #123 on: <06-22-13/2257:57> »
And they seems to take a great pleasure to what the reveal's gonna be. I guess a lot of players won't ;)
There's gotta be SOME perks to the job.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #124 on: <06-22-13/2339:32> »
Wish you to enjoy it well. The storm is coming (and I guess you will hear a general Oh Drek the day of the great reveal)
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #125 on: <06-23-13/1226:18> »
Just to add some possible additional fuel for speculation:

I was re-reading Conspiracy Theories, and got to Snopes' report on the IOND. Three IOND/MIT&M professors apparently were trying to make "mystical copies" of people. Perhaps a free spirit got hold of at least part of the method, and its efforts play a part in the Sybil effects.

The report doesn't say more than the professors were fired.  Nothing about their legal status, what happened to the . . . specimens, or where the research is now. Also it doesn't say when this happened.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #126 on: <06-23-13/1436:28> »
I'm going to have to go with "highly unlikely" for that scenario, Longshot. This seems to clearly have a tech (specifically nanotech) angle to it, which runs counter to any magical theories, since magic and tech don't mix. Not unless some core elements of the setting have been redone. Also, the fact that this kind of thing is happening outside the gaiasphere as well would nix a magical connection.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #127 on: <06-23-13/1442:23> »
Are You thinking about Mars for "outside the Gaiasphere", Mirikon?
Did not they create a limited manasphere? And also, are we sure it was the Sybil up there and not something else?
Oscar Wilde

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #128 on: <06-23-13/1450:02> »
Are You thinking about Mars for "outside the Gaiasphere", Mirikon?
Did not they create a limited manasphere? And also, are we sure it was the Sybil up there and not something else?
The symptoms fit. Unless there are two separate but nearly identical 'strains' going at the same time (even less likely than the magical angle at this point), it is best to work under the assumption that what happened in Gagarin Base is Sybil. And anything magical at less than Great Dragon strength would have been wiped out by the trek from Earth to Mars. Given that, and the fact that most of Lanier's reports focused on nanotech, Lanier at least is convinced there's a nanotech angle. The Phoenix thing still can fall under the tech angle, given that there are plenty of Awakened types who ruin their Talent to grab ware as a shortcut to power. Given that SEARCH wanted Fastjack to get some new ware, and that either getting new ware or exposure to infected systems seems to be the key factor, the magical angle is pretty much dead.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #129 on: <06-23-13/1552:47> »
No need to be much convinced, just to rule out the points I thought about after LongShot's post.
Thank you^^

Still wonder if we have seen something as a project SEARCH which could be a part of something, in case Sybil could not be as spread out as we suppose it to be. Or there could be a few major entities taking up "choice targets" like Jack, and a lot of minor shooting at random fitting targets?

If we suppose that it comes from above, then, has it been created above, or lifted up then changed, or lifted up but already that dangerous and wanting to avenge from the experiment performed on it on Mars?
That could give us leads about their motivations?
Oscar Wilde

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #130 on: <06-23-13/1847:56> »
It is glaringly obvious the only non-mundane threat that could have a hand in this are the Dissonants.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #131 on: <06-23-13/2040:58> »
It is glaringly obvious the only non-mundane threat that could have a hand in this are the Dissonants.

Which raises the question of whether it fits the style of any known Dissonant strain...  It's actually chillingly suitable to the Cyberdarwinist agenda, come to think of it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #132 on: <06-23-13/2052:46> »
I see that and also equal parts The Sublime. Turn all able hosts into meatspace chattle to then direct in places they would not or could not be.

DamienHollow

« Reply #133 on: <06-24-13/1946:11> »
I'm going to have to go with "highly unlikely" for that scenario, Longshot. This seems to clearly have a tech (specifically nanotech) angle to it, which runs counter to any magical theories, since magic and tech don't mix. Not unless some core elements of the setting have been redone. Also, the fact that this kind of thing is happening outside the gaiasphere as well would nix a magical connection.

I vaguely remember something about cyber-zombie-mages.

DamienHollow

« Reply #134 on: <06-24-13/1952:20> »
What if it is a rampant Pink Goo scenario? Only instead of the eat everything kind of problem we have a sort of organic (near-cell like) nanite that's going all slime mold on us... Okay, that made no sense. What I'm proposing is that we have an organic threat akin to a bacteria that infect a host then become a multi-celled organism with their own agenda. Only instead of gathering into a pile of slime, they fuse with the host. This way they can integrate with the body and any cyber-ware on a case by case basses... What if Type-O genetics are somehow involved?