Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #45 on: <06-06-12/0732:09> »
Remote control...small gyro, servo + chip, whole device maybe 30*20*20 cm
Manual control...waayy much bigger...

_Pax_

« Reply #46 on: <06-06-12/0930:25> »
Why does manual control cost MORE slots? I would think....oh you mean, it has manual and remote control capabilities, whereas the other has remote only, right?
Ask the authors of Arsenal.  Other than the "Basic Frame" stuff, I didn't change one letter of the Arsenal rules:

I believe the reasoning is, "provide the gunner space in/near the weapon mount".

... however, I do see now that I forgot to include "Armored Control" in my Houseruled version.  Off to fix that oversight, I go ...!  :)

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #47 on: <06-06-12/1101:44> »
I wish for an affordable way to insert or evac my team via the air. The one helicoptor I can think of in a realistic price range (wasp/yellowjacket) is a single seater. I am not looking for something fancy or state of the art, just big enough to carry a small team and room enough for some (stealth) gadget.
This! There are no air options that even come close to being affordable. Even a bare bones short range cargo copter costs hundreds of thousands of nuyen, if not millions. I get that with milspec vehicles, but I wish there was something in a reasonable price range.
Ares Air Supply drone from Runner's Black Book/This Old Drone.

It's Obsolescent, which means as a military drone it's Device Rating 4 instead of 5, but looking at the picture it's drekking huge, especially for a drone. The old SR3 rules for it gave it 16 CF of cargo space, which equates to about 30 cubic feet.

Stick some padding in the cargo space and have the crew wear life support gear and warm clothing. And they need to get used to being stacked on top of each other.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #48 on: <06-06-12/1127:17> »
Stick some padding in the cargo space and have the crew wear life support gear and warm clothing. And they need to get used to being stacked on top of each other.

-k
"Sir, Nixon's Simsense Recorder kicked on again."  "Nixon, what the hell are you do...  Never mind, the last time I asked that you ended up a BTL star."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <06-06-12/1909:05> »
Here's what we consider to be manual turret.  YMMV

Manual turret means someone can manually use the turret possibly without even electronics... so allow the use of Agility + Gunnery for someone actually manning the vehicular gun mount.

Otherwise any remote control option needs to use an electronic interface... either someone playing 'gunner' inside the vehicle with a command program, issuing orders to the autopilot, or rigging the vehicle.  Since it costs nothing to keep remote control under SR4 vehicle rules... not a big fan of the manual control only weapons on a few of the book vehicles.  At least a cost should have been given to reinstall it.

As far as the ares air supply... yeah I dug up my old rigger 2 book and took a glance... it's actually an alternate name for some other one... which had a whopping body score of 3 and 16CF of cargo as others have said.  (Just for sake of comparison a steel lynx had a body score of *2*... so 3 is big for a drone).  I boasts about 150kg of cargo as well.  Though it's gas tank and fuel economy are not going to get you very far.  (don't have book handy... IIRC it was something like .4liter per km fuel efficiency which worked out to maybe a 500km range).

Though personally I really like the Air Supply... nothing else says old school like making an "A-10" out of one with 18 armor and a reinforced weapon mount and internal space to spare for a few dumb iron bombs and maybe some internal drop tanks.   It's one of the few drones I think can easily manage to carry a passenger as well (16CF space and 150kg payload is plenty for a riggers cocoon in my book).   Though once you start tricking the drone out the costs do go up quite a bit.

Personally I find crashes suggestion to use a dalmation with the passenger bit from War to be suicidal...

Keita

• Omae
  • Between darkness and light.
« Reply #50 on: <06-26-12/1535:52> »
What I would like to see is an off-road truck. And by "truck" I don't mean a pick-up or a semi. I mean something with the off-road capability of a Mercedes Unimog, but somewhat larger...something like the Mercedes Zetros. Big, robust, simple, low maintainance, reasonably priced and completely customisable. Some of my characters would sell their souls for something like that!
« Last Edit: <06-26-12/1543:46> by Keita »
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #51 on: <06-26-12/1614:10> »
What I would like to see is an off-road truck. And by "truck" I don't mean a pick-up or a semi. I mean something with the off-road capability of a Mercedes Unimog, but somewhat larger...something like the Mercedes Zetros. Big, robust, simple, low maintainance, reasonably priced and completely customisable. Some of my characters would sell their souls for something like that!

They actually have a pretty good one: GMC MPUV from MilSpecTech. It's essentially a military-grade HumVee... which is to a civilian Hummer what a Citymaster is to a Bulldog.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <06-26-12/1620:09> »
Hmm...Tata Hotspur seems to me as an option: With body 16 it aint no shorty...

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #54 on: <06-26-12/1626:00> »
Hmm...Tata Hotspur seems to me as an option: With body 16 it aint no shorty...

I totally skipped past it since the art makes it look like a Dune Buggy... but frag yeah. With Body 16, it's gonna be one heck of a hauler on top of all that speed.

If you wanted to make a fortress out of it, you'd have plenty of room to slap on Armor 20, an extra 7 points of Personal Protection to max that out, then either Chameleon Coat or Smart Armor. Then you can decide what to do with the other 11 mod slots. :)
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <06-26-12/1637:19> »
I always hope Omar, my rigger character for Missions PbP, would get his hands on this one (see in my signature) right now Rover has to be enought...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #56 on: <06-26-12/1638:04> »
They actually have a pretty good one: GMC MPUV from MilSpecTech. It's essentially a military-grade HumVee... which is to a civilian Hummer what a Citymaster is to a Bulldog.
Yeah, but the MPUV is more Jeep-Sized than Hummer-Sized.

It looks like the bastard child of two WWII All-Terrain Vehicles:  The Jeep and the Kübelwagen.  With windows and a roof.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Keita

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <06-26-12/1711:21> »

Too small.  :P Like CanRay says, that thing is more Jeep sized, and even a Humvee would be too tiny. I'm talking something with a 10 to 15,000kg payload capacity here. The Hotspur is also too small. I'm thinking expedition vehicle here, as in stock it up and travel cross-country over Africa in reasonable comfort and safety. Something you can enter a warzone with and be reasonably sure you and your payload will get to the other side.
"There are always consequences to our actions. We all must face what we have done, and submit to the justice of the pack. It may be that you will have to run alone from now on, but you cannot begin to fix what you broke without admitting that you broke it." - Madrecita's animal twin.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #58 on: <06-26-12/1718:10> »
I'm thinking expedition vehicle here, as in stock it up and travel cross-country over Africa in reasonable comfort and safety. Something you can enter a warzone with and be reasonably sure you and your payload will get to the other side.
So...  A tank with an armoured box trailer?

EDIT:  Ares Roadmaster with Off-Road Suspension and Additional Fuel Tank.  The Ares Savannamaster!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Keita

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <06-26-12/1730:08> »
 :P Nobody watched the vids, did they?

------>http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Mercedes-Benz-Zestros-101.jpg <--------

THAT is what I have in mind!  :P

EDIT: LOL! Nice one Ray!  ;D
« Last Edit: <06-26-12/1732:51> by Keita »