NEWS

Healing medicine

• 16 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <03-08-15/2334:10> »
Adamo, have you ever had a family member die from cancer in a matter of weeks?  I have, so cancer absolutely does not work the way you described.

I am truly sorry to hear that. You have my sympathy <3

I appreciate the sentiment.  Hopefully my personal experience with Multiple Myoloma can help to create some understanding of why people take this topic so seriously.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <03-09-15/0050:10> »
Hey adamo,

Just so you are clear on what Hemosynth does:

your Character is stabbing by a "nuk-it-scorp" For:

4P -4 AP, : Venom (anti-coagulant, instant, 1p/turn <resist stat. not important here>)

You roll your resistance rolls and end up with:

2P damage and  poisoned for 1 physical damage a combat turn.

on your pass you inject the Hemosynth:

Because you have a body of 6, it takes 6 Combat turns to infuse.

Because it takes 6 turns, you take an additional 6 points of progressive damage. (for a total damage now of 8)

At the START of the 7th turn, you make a Bodyx2 roll. (you get lucky and get 8 successes!)
you are healed the 6 point of poison damage. (leaving the 2 points from the original attack)
<meaning, 2 of your successes from your bodyx2 roll were wasted>

On YOUR turn in the 7th combat turn, you take 1 point of poison damage. (for a total of 3 physical damage)
<The Hemosynth just resets the damage progressive damage, it does nothing for the actual wound>

And you continue to take 1 physical damage each Combat turn until the conditions to NEURTALIZE the poison are met. (what those conditions are, are spelled out for each type of progressive damage)

As for Cancer:

Cancer, in it's base form, is mutated cells that are rapidly infecting and mutating surrounding cells. The cause of these genetic mutations has been linked to hereditary, environmental, nutritional, chemical, radiological, magnetic, and other factors. 95% of cancers are fatal if left untreated. From symptom/detection to deceased varies, it can be a matter of hours (extreme radiation poisoning) to a matter of years. Short of amputation of all surrounding tissue, there is no known cure for Cancer, there is just regression. (However, Regression periods of years can be  achieved)

See now how some can see what you are suggesting and what is currently known about Cancer as being a good fit as a negative possible consequence?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.