NEWS

6e: Riggers. Drones and Sensor Arrays. How does it all tie together?

• 23 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-25-19/1515:46> »
Quote from: CRB, p. 244
Availabilities typically range from 1 to 6, but circumstances can push them up to 9.
Quote from: CRB, p. 245
Availability Table
RATING   CIRCUMSTANCES
1These items can be found just about anywhere. If you’re in a relatively civilized area, just walk a few blocks, and you’ll find a place that sells this.
2These items are a bit more specialized, but that mainly means you’ll have to seek out a store that focuses on this type of merchandise,
rather than finding it in your local Stuffer Shack or whatever.
3These are starting to be boutique items, the type of things aficionados seek out, or things that are made in relatively small batches. They’re
not the rarest items, but they’re also not sitting in a ton of stores across the sprawl.
4Now we’re getting into specialty markets. These are things not intended for mass markets, and their specialized function isn’t for everyone.
Few people in any given sprawl carry them, and their supplies are limited.
5True specialty items. These may be collector’s items or things deliberately made for a niche audience, but they are not at all easy to find.
6These are quite rare, often hand-crafted items. Small workshops and specialty manufacturers make them, and you’ll never find them at a
major retailer. Work hard, and you might track a by-appointment seller who will sell you one.
7These items are not available off-the-rack. They are specially ordered and custom-made.
8Same as 7, but you have to make an appointment to order one, and you may be subjected to a background check based on whatever obscure
criteria the manufacturer has decided to assemble.
9The most rare items money can buy—you just have to find the person who will take your cash. Owning one of these marks you as a member
of the elite, and selling one of them brings in extra cash due to their scarcity.
So the highest Availability is 9.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <09-25-19/1521:29> »
Ok so thats a hard cap. Thank you.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <09-25-19/1642:47> »
In SR5 the cap was rating 6. But yeah good one for needing errata.

Note that gear above availability 9 exists.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #18 on: <09-25-19/2121:36> »
In SR5 the cap was rating 6. But yeah good one for needing errata.

Note that gear above availability 9 exists.
Maybe as a macguffin for the runners to acquire, but no runner should own such gear.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <09-26-19/0127:02> »
Asides from Strength 2+11 Cyberlimbs (Availability 11 even without adding grade), Seven-7 has an Availability of 10(I).

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <09-26-19/0725:31> »
Fun fact:
the table in attachment is only in the current Errata. Its nowhere to be found in the updated book. So i am not sure why it is not included.

If they wanted to block Seven-7 for start 7(I) would have been enough.

You could now further argue that a Cyberlimb with higher than 9 Avail does not exist.

In this situation I have the feeling most groups will have problems "mixing" together with others at the moment, thats kind of a big deal if you autosoft is rating 6, 9 or endless for example. For now i will use 9 as autosoft cap.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #21 on: <09-26-19/0733:57> »
I would use 6 if I were you, like it was in SR4 and SR5 for max ratings you could buy.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <09-26-19/1116:33> »
The errata file added the table because it was missing from the book.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-26-19/1128:29> »
The errata file added the table because it was missing from the book.

In my book version everything from the Errata File is included. The first exception i found is the 2 tables with Toxins. Neverwind its at the end of the book.
« Last Edit: <09-26-19/1130:41> by CigarSmoker »