NEWS

Ork Is The New Black

• 21 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <02-13-19/0951:59> »
Blatant substitutions so people can talk about racism without tripping filters or sounding like they promote racism isn't new, y'know.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <03-03-19/0252:30> »
Everything is legal in Courtball, too.  Even Cybernetic Weapons.  Especially Cybernetic Weapons.  And, of course, human sacrifice, but fans don't like to talk about that subject in public.  Sometimes you get epic Halftime Shows in Courtball where they feed Catholics to the Lions!
Jaguars. They feed them to the jaguars. Gotta use the local wildlife, and not imports.
I was figuring mountain lions (cougars.).  But I could see the appeal of jaguars.

Be wary of Cougars! They have been know to grab a 20 year old man off of his bar stool.... never to be seen again.

wait, wrong cougars... 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-03-19/0320:22> »
No one's mention the Netflix film Bright yet?

The use of fictional racism to bring up the issues of real-world racism has a long tradition, as the poster mentioning Star Trek points out.  My first conscious realization of the technique was in the early 80's with X-Men comics.  It's a pretty good way to get people who wouldn't otherwise think about the topic to realize the consequences.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-03-19/0348:51> »
Everything is legal in Courtball, too.  Even Cybernetic Weapons.  Especially Cybernetic Weapons.  And, of course, human sacrifice, but fans don't like to talk about that subject in public.  Sometimes you get epic Halftime Shows in Courtball where they feed Catholics to the Lions!
Jaguars. They feed them to the jaguars. Gotta use the local wildlife, and not imports.
I was figuring mountain lions (cougars.).  But I could see the appeal of jaguars.

Be wary of Cougars! They have been know to grab a 20 year old man off of his bar stool.... never to be seen again.

wait, wrong cougars... 

If you mean 'never to be seen again in the same state' then you are correct . . .

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #19 on: <03-05-19/2111:47> »

wait, wrong cougars... 

That reads kinda emotional there Reaver, you lose some friends?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #20 on: <03-07-19/0218:15> »

wait, wrong cougars... 

That reads kinda emotional there Reaver, you lose some friends?

More then a few over the years :P

But I can't judge. I married my highschool sweetheart....

And then I found out her name actually was "The Beast the birthed Satan"...
And it cost me a little over 1 million dollars in alimony and child support over the last 20 years...

But, its not like I'm bitter or anything :P
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #21 on: <03-07-19/1238:34> »
My Sympathies all that. Pour one out for our fallen fellows.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking