NEWS

Shotgun that sets people on FIRE?

• 53 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #45 on: <05-31-11/1528:53> »
If you have a BF shotgun, that Shotgun produces 3 points of Recoil.
If you only have 2 points of Recoil compensation, then one point is left.
This point is then doubled. Meaning you lose 2 dice for your shooting stuff.
So if you have a 6 round FA Shotgun with no Recoil Compensation, then you lose 12 dice.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #46 on: <05-31-11/1611:50> »
"Shotguns double modifiers from uncompensated recoil, just like heavy weapons."
Where is this quoted from?

SR4A, p.152.
....... Someone's face should be pretty red right about now.

Well, that's the reference. It is a paraphrase, and I first thought the language was more in line with the SR4 printing, but it isn't.  ???

"Any shotgun fired in burst fire mode also doubles the modifier for any uncompensated recoil." Does this mean full auto is off the hook?
Not at all, as full auto in SR terms is basically a collection of bursts.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #47 on: <05-31-11/1619:52> »
They're called "Dragonsbreath" Shotgun shells, and exist IRL indeed.  Not sure if they were around in Vietnam, and Black Ops was really, REALLY bad for accuracy of weapons.

I do know that they, apparently, won't work with Semi-Auto Shotguns.  Pull out your Pumps, people.  :P
exhibit A. God bless that crazy Russian bastard. He always seems to have access to wonderful toys.
The unmatched flexibility of the pump action shotgun.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #48 on: <05-31-11/1622:49> »
Good combination of magazine size, ability to load special rounds, and rate of fire.  And, if you get the right kind of Cooling Shroud, you can also mount a bayonet.

Still can't beat the reliability of a good ol' Double-Barrel.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« Reply #49 on: <06-01-11/0016:57> »
My friend was describing in the new COD game there's a shotgun that apparently sets your 'victims' on fire. I was curious if such a thing was available in Shadowrun for his character. And if not, any suggestions for a house ruled version?

They're called "Dragonsbreath" Shotgun shells, and exist IRL indeed.  Not sure if they were around in Vietnam, and Black Ops was really, REALLY bad for accuracy of weapons.

I do know that they, apparently, won't work with Semi-Auto Shotguns.  Pull out your Pumps, people.  :P

Quote from: Wikipedia, Dragon's Breath page
A Dragon's Breath usually refers to a zirconium-based pyrotechnic shotgun round. When the round is fired, sparks shoot out to about 5 m (20 feet).

While it has few tactical uses, the visual effect it produces is impressive, similar to that of a short-ranged flamethrower. The pyrotechnic shell is expensive compared to other shells, costing around 5 US dollars per shell.

Because it is a very low-power round, it cannot be used in an automatic shotgun; it does not produce enough recoil energy to cycle the next shot, causing the firearm to jam. An additional reason for use only in a manually-operated firearm is the fact that the round shoots at least a little flame for 3–5 seconds. This would cause a hazard if a shell still emitting flame were to be ejected from an automatic shotgun.

Legality
Dragon's Breath rounds are banned in many locations, due to their inherent fire hazard. Even in areas where the round may be shipped, an extra fee for hazardous materials may be charged.

The law in the State of Illinois states that a Dragon's Breath round is any round that "contains exothermic pyrophoric misch metal as the projectile and is designed for the purpose of throwing or spewing a flame or fireball to simulate a flame-thrower". This shotgun round is banned for use by anyone who is not authorized to possess, manufacture, or sell by the law." The wording is very similar for Florida as well.

http://youtu.be/RP4FjODPDFA
(Wait until about 4:20 - no pun - and check the ammo in effect).
« Last Edit: <06-01-11/0025:53> by The Seven »
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #50 on: <06-01-11/0035:04> »
The sheer measure of what you can pack into the hull of a shotgun shell boggles the mind.

Really, the only "Round" that I heard of that has more "Options" is the 40mm Launched Grenade.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #51 on: <06-02-11/1139:52> »
He's a good shooter, i'll give him that.
Even when pepper sprayed he still did not miss . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #52 on: <06-02-11/1243:57> »
Who is that guy? And where does he get those wonderful toys?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #53 on: <06-02-11/1330:52> »
Half the fun of his videos is the very hollywood-like accent.