NEWS

[SR5] HomeBrew Archetypes

• 53 Replies

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #45 on: <01-18-16/0400:42> »
I've got a few of these Stashed somewhere. I'll post some and see what else is fit for (meta)human consumption. These are mostly a bit older and all predate Datatrails

Private Detective

Mundane, No Augmentations, Human lots of contacts, a mountain of surveillance measures/countermeasures.

Skills A, Attributes B, Resources C, Race D, Magic E

Bodyguard

Mundane, Augmented, Human, made some sacrifices on quality of 'ware to boost toughness.

Attributes A, Resources B, Skills C, Race  D, Magic E

Vatjob Ganger

Warning kids this is what happens when you sell your soul to the street doc down the street. All Bio nearly all used.

Resources A, Attributes B, Skills C, Race D, Magic E

Also of note all these are missions legal.
« Last Edit: <01-20-16/0314:59> by Tai-Pan »
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

Jame Rowe

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <01-20-16/2331:13> »
These are cool! Thank you all for sharing!

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <02-20-16/1556:18> »
Here is one made with Life Modules:

Tir Socialite

"Oh come now. All of this hostility just simply won't do. I'm sure we can come to a working arrangement that everyone will be happy with."

"Of course I can lure her out of Dantes.  She went in there to hook up with a pretty young thing like me in the first place, didn't she?  Not that I'm judging.  Heaven knows I'm a naughty little man-whore myself."

"Listen. You listen to me. You see that sprawl over there? THAT'S where I'm supposed to be. Not down here in the barrens with the devil rats, and the garbage, and the fucking volcanic ash blowing *back* and *forth*. I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with ALL THIS - *I want ROOM SERVICE*! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Aztlan beer, I want a 10,000-Nuyen-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do... at the Imperial Hotel... in Portland."

He doesn't look like he belongs in the shadows.  A pretty boy born to wealth and privelege, with his wavy perm and that slightly bored, slightly condenscending look on his face.  But he can be useful, digging for gossip in upscale venues, representing the team at meets where knowing which fork to use actually matters, soothing ruffled egos, and occasionally leveraging his looks and fame to acquire vital information or assistance.

Breakdown and Designer Notes:

[spoiler]
BREAKDOWN (Life Modules)
40: Elf
20: Adept
15: Tir Tairngire
40: Rich Kid
50: Prep School
80: Ivy League University - Business
100: Celebrity
85: Improve Core Attributes
125: Improve Special Attributes
110: Buy or Improve Active Skills
<13>: Additional Negative Qualities
77: 154,000 Nuyen starting money
21: Contacts
TOTAL: 750 Karma

Celebrity Attribute/Skill choices: +1 Agility, +1 Willpower, +3 Negotiation, +2 Con, and +1 Perception.

Improve Core Attributes: raise Body: 1 to 3, raise Reaction: 1 to 3, raise Strength: 1 to 2, and raise Intuition: 1 to 3.

Buy or Improve Active Skills: raise con: 3 to 6 and add specialization; raise negotiation: 4 to 6 and add specialization; raise perception: 2 to 3.  Purchase Athletics skill group: 1, intimidation: 1, pilot ground craft: 1, pistols: 3, stealth skill group: 2, and unarmed combat: 1.

Designer notes:  This is a character built to concept, so it actually turned out fairly well - making background based decisions does not always result in a cohesive character in Life Modules.  The idea was an idle rich brat becoming a runner; partly disillusionment with his shallow life, part jaded thrill-seeking, and maybe a bit of idealism or straightforward greed in the mix.  The modules practically picked themselves until I got to Real Life, where I finally went with Celebrity to depict someone who coasted along, then found out he could still coast along after university.  His "job" basically consists of sharing his partying lifestyle and so-very-important opinions with the masses.

Like the ever-popular ex-stripper, this character made most sense as a face type.  I made the assumption that he is not a complete neophyte to the shadows at this point, and gave him a few low-rated basic runner skills.  Normally, I wind up buying off the negative qualities from life modules - too often, they fit that stage of a character's life, but not the end character.  In this case, I actually kept them.  The SIN because of the combination of celebrity, trust fund, and day job; the prejudice because it also makes sense for him to be a bit of a snob.  I rounded him out with a few others.  The day job, already explained; distinctive style because I see him as the type to stand out; and "Did you just call me dumb?" because he is the type to drop in what he considers witty bon mots.

Possible Changes: He is built with the assumption that life modules characters don't get the free contacts or knowledge skills.  If they do in your campaign, then make the following changes: add French: 6 and Salish: 6 languages to knowlege skills; increase the Loyalty of the Club Owner, Fixer, and Meta Rights Activist by one each; for skills, increase artisan and intimidation to 2, increase leadershp to 3, and add a specialization in semi-automatics to his pisols skill.
[/spoiler]

Stats:

[spoiler]
=Attributes=
Body: 3
Agility: 3
Reaction: 3
Strength: 2
Charisma: 8
Intuition: 3
Logic: 3
Willpower: 3
Edge: 3
Magic: 6 (5)

Essence: 5.00
Initiative: 6 + 1d6

=Positive Qualities=
First Impression
National Fame
Trust Fund (10)

=Negative Qualities=
Day Job (5)
Did you just call me dumb?
Distinctive Style
Prejudiced/Poor People (7)
SIN, National (Tir Tairngire)

=Active Skills=
Artisan: 1
Athletics Skill Group: 1
Chemistry: 1
Computer: 6
Con/Fast-talking: 6/+2
Escape Artist: 1
Etiquette: 4
Intimidation: 1
Leadership: 2
Negotiation/Bargaining: 6/+2
Perception: 3
Pilot Ground Craft: 1
Pistols: 3
Stealth Skill Group: 2
Unarmed Combat: 1

=Knowledge Skills=
Languages>
English: 6
Sperethiel: N

Other>
Economics: 7
Fashion: 3
History: 1
Music: 3
Psychology: 5
Tir Tairngire: 1

=Contacts=
Call Girl (Connection: 3/Loyalty: 2)
Club Owner (Connection: 3/Loyalty: 2)
Fixer (Connection: 4/Loyalty: 2)
Meta Rights Activist (Connection: 3/Loyalty: 2)

=Adept Powers=
Authoritative Tone: 3
Cool Resolve: 3
Voice Control: 1

=Augmentations=
Datajack
Simrig
Sleep Regulator
Tailored Pheromones: 3

44,000 Nuyen for gear.
=Lifestyle=
Middle (1 Month prepaid).
Starting Money: (4d6 x 100) plus 2,500 Nuyen.

=Equipment=
ID/Credsticks:
Fake ID (Rating: 4) with Fake Gun, Concealed Carry, and Driver's Licenses (Rating: 4); 5 Silver Certified  Credsticks.

Weapons:
>Shock Gloves.
>Ares Light Fire 70 light pistol with concealable holster, 3 spare clips, (Light Fire 70) silencer, 80 rounds of regular ammo, and 80 rounds of gel ammo.

Armor/Clothing:
Argentum Coat (with chemical protection: 3), Zoe Executive Suite, Helmet (for riding bike), 2,000 Nuyen of assorted clothing (good suit, stylish club-wear).

Commlink/Software:
Erika Elite Commlink with biometric reader, sim module, printer, mapsoft (Seattle), and 2 shopsofts (armor, weapons); Meta Link Commlink (disposable/throwaway).

Other:
Micro-Transceiver, Tag Eraser, White Noise Generator (Rating: 6), Medkit (Rating: 3) with supplies (x 1).

Vehicle: Suzuki Mirage racing bike.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <02-20-16/1838:20> by Glyph »

&#24525;

« Reply #48 on: <02-20-16/2329:00> »

"Listen. You listen to me. You see that sprawl over there? THAT'S where I'm supposed to be. Not down here in the barrens with the devil rats, and the garbage, and the fucking volcanic ash blowing *back* and *forth*. I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with ALL THIS - *I want ROOM SERVICE*! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Aztlan beer, I want a 10,000-Nuyen-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... like they do... at the Imperial Hotel... in Portland."[/i]

Ok Johnny :P

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Last Edit: <02-22-16/1242:59> by Pap Renvela »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <02-22-16/1152:37> »
@Pap Renvela and Glyph: Think you guys could copy those into a document to put on Google Drive for ease of adding them to the first post?
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <02-22-16/2136:32> »
Okay (first time using Google docs, but it looks like it is there).  Here is the link.

Thanael

• Chummer
« Reply #52 on: <05-17-16/1110:32> »
SR5 archetypes revisited from this blog by azaael aka Fenris, Fenrir, or ElFenrir.

Rocker
Burned-out Mage
Elven Merc
Elven Mage
Troll Tech Wiz
Detective

Revamped gunslinger adept
« Last Edit: <05-17-16/1124:50> by Thanael »

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <05-18-16/0956:50> »
Thanael, I'm not sure how you generated the Elven Mage, but get rid of banishing 3 if you can. Those points are way better spent improving counterspelling to 6, or otherwise benefiting skills you'll actually want to use.