NEWS

Way of the Samurai - Oh yeah!

• 145 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <02-22-13/0640:16> »
Was very happy to see that...really looking forward to the anthology - one of the best rewards of the Kickstarter, IMHO.

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <02-22-13/0701:01> »
Likes novels hates NDA's got a rather belated birthday present this morning.... Spells and chrome anthology time to read me thinks
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #137 on: <03-12-13/0054:17> »
And the dwarf and troll were the handiwork of my partner in crime, Neurosis (as were all the swanky new suites, so thank him for those!)  I was pretty busy with my side of stuff, and I'm sorry if we let one slip by us. I'm not sure how often he's on the forums to field questions, though.

It's been a bit over a month, Any update status on this? Can I at least get an answer on which part of the equation is broken? (The sheet itself or a rule being in error?)
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #138 on: <04-03-13/1604:01> »
It's not directly WotSammie related, but I had to post SOMEwhere about it -- Way of the Adept hit Platinum on drivethrurpg.  Shadowrun fans are the best fans.  62 products hit Platinum over there.  .22% of their books.  You guys rock.

It's been a bit over a month, Any update status on this? Can I at least get an answer on which part of the equation is broken? (The sheet itself or a rule being in error?)
Sorry, missed this 'till now.  I guess Neurosis hasn't caught up on the thread or stopped by either (he's tackling bigger chunks o' SR5 than me ;) ).  My own gut-check level of answer is certainly "the rule is right, the archetype has an error."  Written rules trump archetypes every time, in my book.  Hope that helps!

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #139 on: <04-03-13/1617:12> »
Crumbs. Thanks just the same Critias.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #140 on: <04-09-13/2201:43> »
Definitely a quality product. I have to say I'm looking forward to more writing of yours. I have been pushing Neat on everyone I can get to read it.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #141 on: <05-07-13/2054:52> »
And the dwarf and troll were the handiwork of my partner in crime, Neurosis (as were all the swanky new suites, so thank him for those!)  I was pretty busy with my side of stuff, and I'm sorry if we let one slip by us. I'm not sure how often he's on the forums to field questions, though.

)

Sorry, I just got here. Can you point me to the specific error (er...again, if applicable)? I promise I won't be gone several months before getting back to you. Sorry for the delay.

(In general, it can be hard to tell where errors creep in to my work, as after the first/final draft I turn in, the editing is largely out of my hands, and I rarely get to make a second coherent pass on the document. Nature of the business, I gather. I will do my best.)
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #142 on: <05-08-13/0044:43> »

)

Sorry, I just got here. Can you point me to the specific error (er...again, if applicable)? I promise I won't be gone several months before getting back to you. Sorry for the delay.

(In general, it can be hard to tell where errors creep in to my work, as after the first/final draft I turn in, the editing is largely out of my hands, and I rarely get to make a second coherent pass on the document. Nature of the business, I gather. I will do my best.)
Bravo for putting it mildly.  ;)

It's something about the legality of the Panzer-Troll archetype.  I think the Body average is lower than it should be for the Quality, and he was asking if the Quality was wrong or if the archetype is -- my gut answer is "ignore the archetype, go by the rule for the quality," but I haven't done the math myself or anything, so there might be some way the Panzer-Troll still fits the Panzer rules, that I was missing.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #143 on: <05-09-13/1630:29> »
Yes, the listed Body of the Panzer is far too high.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #144 on: <05-14-13/2127:28> »
Let's see, looking at my draft the Panzer's Body is 9 (12), putting the natural body one under the starting max for a troll.  The parenthetical 12 equals a +3 to Damage Resistance Tests (but not the Body attribute itself) from Titanium Bone Lacing. Looking at my draft, Panzer requires a Body of 5 or higher...9 (12) is higher than 5. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

Ah, I think you mean that the Body of the cyberarms should drag down the overall body? NOW I see what you mean. Yes, you're correct, that was a gaffe on my part. I tend to forget that cyberlimbs have their own Body attributes, because well...I don't think they should. But that's another story. Yes, I see what you mean now. The adjusted Body of the Panzer should probably be 9 (8) [11] instead.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #145 on: <05-14-13/2226:00> »
Right. Sorry, should have been more specific but I tend to forum surf at work, away from books.

Basically, with the max customized body being 6, the average body works out to be 9 [8].