NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #495 on: <02-02-17/0744:51> »
The matrix perception is perfect in this quite wealthy area.
The two girls each purchased a tall soy latte and some kind of healthy muffin and take place not far from the two runners. As far as Slobber can make out they are talking about the blond's boyfriend and his propensity for buying stupid shit from trid.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #496 on: <02-03-17/0914:23> »
"Hm. I guess a Mask spell might actually mean more rather than less trouble in this situation."

Quote from: Yael
"Yes, I enjoy sex, and yes I am bloody good at it... but I certainly do not need some middle aged richman that prefers to buy his entertainment rather than charm her. I can get off whenever I choose to, I have a dildo for crying out loud.

Look bnc, I am sorry alright? I did not mean to burst like that. It is embarrassing, I tried to slot you, you refused. I do not just go around and slot people. Well I do, but I sleep with people I want to, not with people I need to.  Please, a guy assaulted me just yesterday, I do not want to be alone with another creepy guy...  I'll do it, but stop pretending like you are doing me a favor."

bnc was about to return something, when Yael's voice suddenly turns serious. Instead, bnc hears her out. Not knowing what to say, bnc simply stutters out a "Uh. Sorry. Din't mean it that way..."

bnc doesn't seem to be comfortable with Yael's confession. She hurries on to a more technical subject: "The most difficult thing is how to getcha in. Basically, you gotta replace one of 'em rent-a-tins. So either we pay her for leaving during the transfer, or we kidnap her, or something like that. To be serious, I was hoping for one of the more experienced runners to come up with a good idea about how to bring you in."

<@Slob <How's magical security? Can you tell?>>
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #497 on: <02-03-17/0940:19> »
Yaels body language becomes more open and she lays back and stretches on bnc's bed, looking at the ceiling she said in a distant voice, as if imagining a situation.  "Are you sure that I am even his type? For all we know he may be more attracted to Special K.  Her smile widens as if she imagines that image, or the surprise to discover such a discovery.

She continues shortly afte. Sure if I get into the agency you can use your magic to make me 'his type'... but that kind of magic only works on computers.  What about when he sees me? No... We, he needs to genuinely pick me.
How difficult is it to mislead him to a fake website? To have the comcall reach us instead of the real Indigo Spheres?

Plant me in a fake database, photograph me in sexy lingerie and sex toys or something. Do legwork to see how to make him genuienly pick me. What is his fantasy?  That way there is nothing to lInks me to the real Indigo guys. The less violence we do the lower the risk of things going sideways.  Finally,  find me a slutty name of someone that recently stopped working there - so that the ruse does not collapse if he asks about me."

« Last Edit: <02-03-17/0943:23> by gilga »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #498 on: <02-03-17/1312:04> »
<@Slob <How's magical security? Can you tell?>>
<@bnc<Frag if I know. Assessing ain't my bag.>>

"Looks like a normal enough place to me, Johnathan,you just go enjoy yourself. Don't worry, everyone's first time in one of these places is a little awkward. I'll be your security for a change.

He points a thumb at the two ladies in suits and leaned into Krestov.

"And those two aren't here for you. At least they're not supposed to be. Go change that."
« Last Edit: <02-03-17/2355:57> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #499 on: <02-04-17/0257:54> »
bnc nods, more to herself than to Yael. "I'm not sure. Not as long as I don't have more specific information. So let's first do some recon.
I'll have to go online, while doing so. And I suggest you do the same. Can you find out about their astral security? Do you think you could smuggle in someone under effect of a spell?
Feel free to lie on the couch when you're there. We might have things to discuss once we both finished our surveys."

After Yael's answer, bnc makes herself comfortable in the chair and goes limp again. First thing she does, is a proper Matrix inquiry about Lavadora.

[spoiler]Matrix Search: 13d6t5 7
I can't go higher than 6 as I don't think there's any program that increases my Data Processing during a search.

Is it possible to locate his commlink? I guess I can find out where he works and where he lives. Sometime between working and living he should be en route. Maybe it's possible to locate his commlink somewhere in between?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #500 on: <02-04-17/0406:59> »
"Smuggle in someone? what do you mean?"" asks Yael and then move to the couch. She thinks "Perhaps the bed is a bit too intruding in her personal space ?" as she moves to the couch . Yael places a pillow between her legs and spoons it, making it look as if she was just taking a nap.

Leaving her body sent a tickle down Yael's spine and before she knew it she was observing the firm in distance wondering if it was worth crossing the ward.To risky from the safehouse... she concludes.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #501 on: <02-04-17/0740:30> »
bnc nods, more to herself than to Yael. "I'm not sure. Not as long as I don't have more specific information. So let's first do some recon.
I'll have to go online, while doing so. And I suggest you do the same. Can you find out about their astral security? Do you think you could smuggle in someone under effect of a spell?
Feel free to lie on the couch when you're there. We might have things to discuss once we both finished our surveys."

After Yael's answer, bnc makes herself comfortable in the chair and goes limp again. First thing she does, is a proper Matrix inquiry about Lavadora.

[spoiler]Matrix Search: 13d6t5 7
I can't go higher than 6 as I don't think there's any program that increases my Data Processing during a search.

Is it possible to locate his commlink? I guess I can find out where he works and where he lives. Sometime between working and living he should be en route. Maybe it's possible to locate his commlink somewhere in between?

[spoiler]
You can use Toolbox for a higher Data Processing and Browse to reduce time for the search, but do I understand you correctly you want to make a matrix perception to find the commlink instead of information about Zola which would be a search?

But since you aren't limited in time or retries, I'll just throw the dice for you for both:

Matrix Perception: 13d6t5 7 [13d6t5=6, 6, 5, 5, 1, 6, 1, 5, 2, 4, 5, 4, 4]

Hey, what do you know, same result:

So, you find Zola's commlink: He has a Fairlight (unsurprisingly). His files are all hidden and/or encrypted. The commlink is not slaved to anything but is the master to his PAN, including his glasses, an autoinjector, a smartgun enabled weapon, a panic button and his trode net. His last matrix action was sending a message to one of his body guards (The ex-jaguar). It has no marks on his commlink and uses the Aztech Global Grid.

As for the search: You get pretty much the infos Schmitt provided for you, but also two other places he seems to frequent beside the bank building: One is likely his private residence - also located on the island - a modern house within an exclusive gated community.
The other address is in Seattle proper and seems to be a high class fitness club/spa/swimming pool combo.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #502 on: <02-04-17/1716:09> »
Yael heads back and manifests near Flat line. "I am about to infiltrate that hooker joint to see what its like from inside... Want to come?" She asked.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #503 on: <02-05-17/0555:35> »
Flatline shook his head: "I can send you a spirit along, but I'm not that adept at bypassing wards. I'd be more of a hindrance than a help around there."

talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #504 on: <02-05-17/0753:32> »
"I just need someone to know where I went if I get into troubles. A spirit or staying out of the ward are fine by me."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #505 on: <02-05-17/1326:19> »
"Alright, I can do that. But stay out of trouble." Flatline agreed.
Inside his new lodge he began projecting as well and accompanied Anna to her target.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #506 on: <02-05-17/1514:55> »
Yael casts her improve intuition spell and asks Flatline "Distract the watcher while I approach the ward. Ask it questions or something... They are not very bright." Once her friend gives the watcher something to watch, Yael attempts to quickly find a way to cross the ward, she observes it in detail looking for a way to slide by its cracks.

[spoiler]
Improve intuition: 15d6t5 4 Intuition raised by 4
drain: 10d6t5 2  no drain
cross ward (intuition + charisma): 14d6t5 3
- not her greatest roll, but well let's hope it is enough to beat the ward.
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #507 on: <02-06-17/0330:37> »
Flatline called a spirit to get the attention of the watcher, while Yael tried to cross the ward. To her surprise and dismay she found it much more resistant than she anticipated - a slight hum went through the structure as her astral form was repelled

[spoiler]
Resist: 8d6t5 4
Also, the test is Magic + Charisma [Astral] v. barrier’s Force x 2 Opposed Test

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #508 on: <02-06-17/0941:39> »

Dammit !  - "Tell your spirit to handle that watcher we need to get out of here, before we are assensed.. "
[spoiler]
Here is my post in case actually need to 'dispatch' of the watcher and cannot just influence it to think that somebody touched the ward in some other place - or that something else suspicious has happened. If violence against watchers is required Yael will summon a spirit to help. Otherwise she would erase astral signatures and then bail out.

Yael summoned a spirit of her own to help , dispatch the watcher and then moved to eliminate evidence of their visit to that place. 
Summoning: 11d6t5 3
spirit resist: 5d6t5 2
drain: 10d6t5 3
1 service - attack watcher. 1 drain taken by Yael (F5 spirit (of watever is best for astral combat- man perhaps?))
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <02-06-17/0945:27> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #509 on: <02-06-17/1206:01> »
Getting away proved to be no problem. Flatline's spirit thoroughly confused the watcher and helped clean up the astral traces before the wage mage could send any reinforcements.

[spoiler]
No need for Yael to summon a spirit, Flatline can handle it.
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix