Full-Auto

• Newb
« on: <09-13-15/0414:44> »
Currently, we are running a DocWagon themed campaign. We reward Karma equal to:

1 Karma per hour played
1 Karma for mapper/ Mini/ and recap from last game
1 Karma for MVP or Hero of the Battle if applicable
1 Karma for saving the game/ group from something horrible
1 Karma for True RP of char in hard positions and sticking to even negative consequences
1 Karma for any major story arc completed
1 Karma for not killing anyone depending on mission (since they are DocWagon)

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #1 on: <09-13-15/0455:08> »
Well, as this forum is meant for the Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign, we usually do it 'by the book', as in each Mission tells us how to award Karma.  The Core Rulebook also has guidelines, but there is nothing wrong with the method you are using.

For a wider sampling of the Shadowrun community, consider asking this same question here.  The GM's Lounge will have a lot more folks who are running their own campaigns instead of or along with the Missions.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-15-15/1334:09> »
Given:
GM runs an SRM mission for group A, and everyone gets rewards as normal.

Q:
If GM runs the same SRM mission for group A but with different chars, can the GM get rewards for a different GM char?

If the GM runs the same SRM mission for group B would he be entitled for GM rewards for a different GM char?

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #3 on: <09-15-15/2025:31> »
Given:
GM runs an SRM mission for group A, and everyone gets rewards as normal.

Q:
If GM runs the same SRM mission for group A but with different chars, can the GM get rewards for a different GM char?

If the GM runs the same SRM mission for group B would he be entitled for GM rewards for a different GM char?

Yes, at least for now.  I've heard rumblings that indicate the upcoming FAQ may change that.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-16-15/1213:46> »
No.

GM award was always intended to only be applied once, the new FAQ (nearly ready for release) does include language to more clearly identify this. However to appease the masses any awards already given will be grandfathered in.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #5 on: <09-16-15/1347:54> »
No.

GM award was always intended to only be applied once, the new FAQ (nearly ready for release) does include language to more clearly identify this. However to appease the masses any awards already given will be grandfathered in.

Ok. If that is the way that is intended, I will go with that ruling. However, Why limit it to only one GM credit? I am curious to the reason for the limit.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #6 on: <09-16-15/1823:47> »
No.

Ok. If that is the way that is intended, I will go with that ruling. However, Why limit it to only one GM credit? I am curious to the reason for the limit.

So am I.  This tells me I should be doing one of two things, both of which I've been not doing in abundance:
  • Never GM Missions, because apparently I can play a given mission 4 times with 4 characters as long as I'm playing and not GMing. Or...
  • Never play Missions, which makes the rule irrelevant because then I don't have a character.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #7 on: <09-17-15/0017:22> »
A discussion for elsewhere, probably :)
That's just like... your opinion, man.

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-15/1324:37> »
Thats lame,..if a GM's character dies, then there no way for him to catch up just by GM-ing. That rule will only promote to GM an SRM mission only once then. I hope they fix this, coz why would I spend time to organize/invite people that would just waste my time and money. Its like your boss asking you to go overtime for more than 4 hrs  and get no pay, that's crap.
« Last Edit: <09-17-15/1459:27> by antaskidayo »

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-15/2131:04> »
I have thought long and hard on this today before posting my reply, and I see this breakdown just two ways

CDT Agents - you all know that there are other factors and rewards to consider and other venues to express your thoughts and concerns

Non CDT Agents - two sub options here
1 - you are running missions using strict mission guidelines, which means you would most likely benefit from becoming an agent
or
2 - you are running missions as a home game, which means you can do what ever you want

as for character death it is a moot point. GM have no advantage or disadvantage either way since all you have to do is burn an edge point to survive anything
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

antaskidayo

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-18-15/0245:46> »
Non CDT Agents - two sub options here
1 - you are running missions using strict mission guidelines, which means you would most likely benefit from becoming an agent
or
2 - you are running missions as a home game, which means you can do what ever you want

- Being an agent will have more responsibility than just a regular GM, coordinating with your FLGS is already a pain, We're just a small group who wants to play Organized gameplay 1-2x a week. I was originally planning to introduce SRM to my other D&D buddies, but it gains me nothing so I'll drop that idea and stick to just my 1 group instead. Im not sure burning a stat point 1-2x per session will be fun, but it doesn't help the GM catch up with just only 1 character, What happens if the edge burns out and perma death? Does that mean he can replay all of the SRM missions again and get credit?     

-that beats the purpose for playing organized play, so you guys will just push the small groups to do homebrew if we don't like that mechanic - i really don't get it why you need to limit the GMs, and that statement will discourage me to purchase SRM missions then =(