NEWS

Any Errata updates or..

• 14 Replies

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« on: <12-28-15/1228:53> »
Have we officially given up on errata being released?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-28-15/1403:02> »
This used to be a good resource for books, but it hasn't been updated since July: http://criticalglitch.com/?page_id=563

If only Catalyst could maintain a page like that...

Achsin

« Reply #2 on: <01-27-16/1439:07> »
I think part of the reason that page hasn't been updated is that there hasn't been a reason to, no new errata as far as I know.

We're coming up on the 1 year anniversary of Run Faster's release, it would be nice to get some errata explaining the many character creation questions that have been raised since then.

adzling

« Reply #3 on: <01-28-16/1150:32> »
Let's be realistic here, given Catalyst's track record we need to write our own errata.

In addition to extensive house-ruling to make the game work properly.

Basically we're on our own, with some random input from the freelancers here in the forums.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-28-16/1222:35> »
This issue has been raised before. While I don't have anything new to add or pass along at present, it is on the team's radar.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-28-16/1400:24> »
AJ
Any chance Catalyst would consider just merging the SRM FAQ and Errata? This would cut down on the double work; just mark what's mission specific as such (i.e. forbidden qualities) and treat everything else like official errata. Just a suggestion.

adzling

« Reply #6 on: <01-28-16/1414:10> »
That's a great idea.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-28-16/1555:08> »
AJ
Any chance Catalyst would consider just merging the SRM FAQ and Errata? This would cut down on the double work; just mark what's mission specific as such (i.e. forbidden qualities) and treat everything else like official errata. Just a suggestion.

That's a great idea.

Not really... many of the clarifications are for things left intentionally vague for different gamrpkay types, The FAQ simply gives guidelines for how its ment to be interpreted for Missions play.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-28-16/1613:49> »
AJ

biggest issue here is who reviews what and when

while we have near carte blanche as the MIssions committee when it comes to the FAQ and what changes we make in relationship to Missions anything we do that effects game mechanics must still be reviewed and approved. this would apply to any and all errata as well. with that being said though we do suggest errata suggestions and send them upstream as it is, but ultimately it comes down to CGL pushing to keep as much much new material coming out as possible that things get caught up in a choke point in developement ... and they realize this and continue making changes and improvements to the process
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-28-16/2339:47> »
Cool, thanks for elaborating, Banshee. Figured it was worth mentioning; I know a lot of people use the Missions FAQ as semi-errata anyway (myself included), though with emphasis on interpretation as opposed to clear RAW.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #10 on: <01-29-16/1521:39> »
My group uses mission FAQs and erratas much the same way.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-17-16/1306:43> »
For those interested, Falar has kicked off a community FAQ/Wiki, covered here.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-01-16/0223:04> »
So has errata simply been shoveled off to the community?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

odd

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-01-16/0919:46> »

I believe the FAQ should be help to quick find fiddily answers, more than errata.  It should mostly be straight references or freelancer/writter posts.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <03-01-16/1606:25> »

I believe the FAQ should be help to quick find fiddily answers, more than errata.  It should mostly be straight references or freelancer/writter posts.

Yes but as they have taken pains to announce freelancer/writer posts =/= official errata.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor