NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #150 on: <01-21-17/1555:14> »
I hope i did not come off as rude when i asked what going on. I know life comes 1st.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #151 on: <02-15-17/1105:25> »
Oh, look, my provider is letting me get to the site again. Maybe I can get some work done after this appointment....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #152 on: <02-15-17/1733:10> »
There's more, but it'll have to wait. Real-world issues. Rah rah rah.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #153 on: <02-15-17/1737:58> »
Every little bit you do counts!  Thank you again, Patrick.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #154 on: <03-06-17/1223:17> »
I have not abandoned you, but I have been having considerable issues with my provider out here in the sticks. We've been having a lot of trouble allowing me to connect for any great length of time, which means my ability to update the errata threads has been seriously degraded. We're working on the issue, and hopefully will have it resolved soon. No, I don't know exactly what's wrong.

I have the errata sheets just about hammered into shape for submission, in the meantime, so hopefully I'll have those submitted soon. Thanks for your patience, and I hope to see you more regularly soon.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <03-08-17/0207:54> »
Aren't you also working on the new 'Star Trek' RPG as well? That has to be taking up time ,time I assume you're getting paid for unlike the errata which you are doing more or less on your own .Still  I'm still just glad that errata is being worked on and appreciate all the hard work you're putting into it.
« Last Edit: <03-08-17/0210:52> by Fabe »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #156 on: <03-16-17/1252:15> »
The combined errata sheet for Run Faster has been submitted for layout; as soon as I know something, you guys will, too. In the meantime, I'm going to start updating the thread so you can at least see the changes until the sheet itself is out there.

I ran into a bit of a snag on the Street Grimoire sheet, but am working to get that resolved ASAP so that I can get that one off my plate, as well.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #157 on: <03-16-17/1608:56> »
Okay, everything for Run Faster that made the reprint and was already in the thread has been marked as Official or has been Superseded and replaced with its updated version from the reprint (in a couple of cases, wording was tweaked before it was incorporated into the book).

Now for all the stuff that hadn't been put in the thread yet at all because of time crunch....

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #158 on: <03-16-17/1733:41> »
Not finished posting the new errata for RF, nor are we as a team finished with the book, but we're moving back to the Core, and fulfilling a request for (and promise of) Anarchy errata. So hopefully some good stuff starts showing up in the next few days.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #159 on: <03-31-17/0013:50> »
Until the pretty, laid-out version is ready​ and up on the website, a quick-and-dirty PDF of the Run Faster errata sheet is attached to the appropriate topic here in this forum. I hope to have the same done shortly for Street Grimoire.

andrewm9

• Newb
« Reply #160 on: <04-08-17/2210:25> »
Okay, everything for Run Faster that made the reprint and was already in the thread has been marked as Official or has been Superseded and replaced with its updated version from the reprint (in a couple of cases, wording was tweaked before it was incorporated into the book).

Now for all the stuff that hadn't been put in the thread yet at all because of time crunch....

I know your busy, but any reason the provisional errata for shapeshifters (dual natured, regen, etc) wasn't made official that you can speak of?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #161 on: <04-12-17/0954:07> »
Some of the shifter errata was not given final approval. I was overruled; the line developer has that option. It's still listed as "Provisional" in the forum post, and will remain so, but ultimately it wasn't my call.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #162 on: <04-12-17/1423:54> »
So if the sudden removal of a slew of powers/weaknesses from Shifters was purposeful enough to warrant not approving the errata to reinstate them, why isn't there some sort of reasoning to go with it?

One of the biggest reasons people get upset by these sorts of changes is because there isn't any information being passed along to the consumer (players and fans of the game). This game has a history, the line developer (Jason Hardy) knows that, he's been involved in Shadowrun for a long time, right?

So if something fundamental is changing, like how Shifters function as a species, why can't we get some sort of answer? Since Run Faster was released this has been a topic of debate, hotly contested as to whether the removal was purposeful or accidental. Along comes the errata team, a welcome reprieve as the books haven't seen in nearly 3 years. They propose that the powers should all be there, which itself implies the absence as accidental.
Now it gets blocked, throwing that existence into question again. Shifters are in an existential limbo; do they exist as they have in editions past? Has their biology changed somehow in the years since their release in 4th edition? Why do we have this sudden change, and why can't the errata add it back.

Failing to approve the Provisional errata has only brought up more questions.

&#24525;

« Reply #163 on: <04-12-17/1746:10> »
[SR5 is] in an existential limbo

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #164 on: <05-06-17/1443:19> »
Using My Powers For Good:

Some of the writers approached me to ask if they could speak to the errata team before they submit something, in an effort to cut down on what might need to be fixed after a book releases. I didn't see how this would be a problem, so I turned them loose upon each other. It already appears to be bearing some fruit, though we'll see what happens later, once the manuscripts being looked at become books