NEWS

Elemental Resistance magic or powers?

• 1 Replies

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« on: <01-31-19/1828:48> »
Am I just missing it? Or are there no spells or adept powers to resist elemental damage? Armor mods aside...

Trying to figure out a way to make my physical melee adept resistant to an element or two. And not by using armor. More like spells or adept powers (elemental body way too expensive, and does it really make you immune to that element???). Barring that, looking at maybe creating powers that give single element resistance. Something like .25PP per point of element resistance - as in 4 levels = ignore up to 4 DV of that type. OP? UP? wrong way? I dislike tying it to mere resistance roll, would rather it simply be more of a tolerance (I.E. level 4 pretty much means you can walk thru a large bonfire unscathed).
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-03-19/1713:35> »
You can take SR4's Digital Grimoire's copy of Elemental Resistance from the list of adept powers and directly put it into SR5 easy enough.  You must first have Mystic Armor, and for 0.5 PP you chose one element (Fire, Electricity, etc.) and now apply the full value of your Mystic Armor against that one element; can be taken multiple times to gain multiple effects simultaneously.

As for Elemental Body, I would rule that you are not immune to the effects of whatever element you are using.