NEWS

Clutch of dragons metapolots

• 208 Replies

Jareth Valar

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <08-09-12/0759:03> »
Well from reading the book a LOT of plots here

Interesting...
Fortunately I have an American friend who will be at Gencon, so I've put my best Johnson costume and hired him to get some books at the Catalyst booth for me :p

Really sucks not having bought off my "Hung out to Dry" flaw. No contacts anywhere near Gen-Con. :'(

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #16 on: <08-09-12/0808:51> »
Well from reading the book a LOT of plots here

Interesting...
Fortunately I have an American friend who will be at Gencon, so I've put my best Johnson costume and hired him to get some books at the Catalyst booth for me :p

Really sucks not having bought off my "Hung out to Dry" flaw. No contacts anywhere near Gen-Con. :'(
Always thought that was a cwappy quality and this just proves it  ;)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <08-09-12/1140:50> »
Well, I default to you and James, obviously, but I'll be sulking for a bit. I guess that Lung and Schwartzkopf just have more *gravitas* in my mind and, as such, should get primacy in their chosen field.

Ghostwalker is top conjurer, however, has no doubt. :)

And, as noted by another, I think Sirrug might be the beefiest physically. Doesn't mean much in THIS day and age, but hey. :)

Gravity and dignity do not make you powerful, unfortunately.  And among dragons, I'd be willing to bet that's a sign that they've learned their limitations,  Likely the hard way.  So they sit back and concentrate on doing what they do.

I imagine Schartz as The Teacher and Lung as the Philosopher.  Lofwyr's the Lord.  Ghostwalker is the Conjurer.  Hestaby is the Sorceress.  Sirrug is the Destroyer. 

Hrmm, I actually like that, assigning titles to the dragons. Anyone got any more (or better ones?)  I imagine most Dragons have their niche, their role.

Implied a bit with their actual names in some areas, I think, but, hrm.

Masaru would be the Prodigy, both young and talented.
Arleesh would be the Purifier.
Celadyr would be the Linguist, normally a minor thing but, in the Sixth World, the Matrix was a boon for him.
Alamais is the Hater. Because haters gonna hate. :)

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #18 on: <08-09-12/1244:37> »
Alamais is the Hater

So now they have internet meme titles? Good Guy Dunkelzahn? Makes me wonder who's the Troll.

Kesendeja

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-09-12/1335:39> »
Slight off tangent question, but since it has to do with Harlequins blood feud, why exactly does he blame Ghostwalker for Aina's death, and what happened to her?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-09-12/1416:36> »
She died at the end of Artifacts Unbound when Ghostwalker went back through the Watergate Rift.

Kesendeja

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <08-09-12/1424:17> »
Thanks GM has declared those books off limits so I had no idea. Kind of liked her.

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <08-09-12/1430:17> »
Alamais is the Hater

So now they have internet meme titles? Good Guy Dunkelzahn? Makes me wonder who's the Troll.

While not a dragon, I would have to label Harlequin as the troll, many of his posts on the old shadowland seem to fit the bill imo.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #23 on: <08-09-12/1434:00> »
Internet Meme's died a horrible, horrible death by 2050, since it was possible to actually reach out and KILL the folks posting that stupid crap.  In fact the first true decker "war" that was waged following the original Crash Virus was against 4Chan, and many, many mornons were killed nearly instantly.  And it was glorious.

So no.  No stupid Meme names for dragons. 

:)

Bull

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <08-09-12/1506:39> »
Thanks GM has declared those books off limits so I had no idea. Kind of liked her.
Really? I mean, I know it's a campaign book but the story at the end should ... Well, it's at the end of the book for a reason. So maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #25 on: <08-09-12/1507:26> »
Internet Meme's died a horrible, horrible death by 2050, since it was possible to actually reach out and KILL the folks posting that stupid crap.  In fact the first true decker "war" that was waged following the original Crash Virus was against 4Chan, and many, many mornons were killed nearly instantly.  And it was glorious.

So no.  No stupid Meme names for dragons. 

:)

Bull
They died in 2029, to be exact.  I had to write out that part of the SR2050 Matrix Chapter as I was going over the allotted space I had.  4Chan is a forgone memory only held in the nightmares of drunks now.

Matrix Memes, OTOH, are alive and well until cranky old Deckers get their electronic hands on them.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #26 on: <08-09-12/1539:32> »
Yeah, but who can win in a drinking contest?
Damon.

And I just gotta say, Harlequin teaming up with the Azzies to take on Ghostwalker gives me all kinds of chills.

Plus, what's up with Aina? Way it seems, she's not really dead, more like... ascended, perhaps? Might be we have the Sixth World's first Passion?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #27 on: <08-09-12/1650:12> »
First new Passion anyway. Makes me wonder if she'd be as unstable as the Others.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #28 on: <08-09-12/1714:36> »
Matrix Memes, OTOH, are alive and well until cranky old Deckers get their electronic hands on them.

WHat do you think Bull spends his down time doing?  He's got a a really big Black Hammer program and he likes to go hunting.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-09-12/1731:34> »
Yeah, but who can win in a drinking contest?
Damon.

And I just gotta say, Harlequin teaming up with the Azzies to take on Ghostwalker gives me all kinds of chills.

Plus, what's up with Aina? Way it seems, she's not really dead, more like... ascended, perhaps? Might be we have the Sixth World's first Passion?

Who knows?