NEWS

Harlequin

• 214 Replies

dodger

• Newb
« on: <09-08-10/2224:06> »
[OOC]
Ok, I've been playing Shadowrun for around 15 years or so and I've always wanted to run Harlequin, but I had never had access to the book...... until a co-worker (I work at a hobby/ gaming store) found out my long obsession with the game and he came in to work with a duffel bag bag full of his old books and inside I find a copy of Harlequin, as well as several 1st and 2nd edition books. (Happy day) Anyways I've glanced through the adventure and while I know I should not start a new team of runners with it, I would like to take them through it eventually. I wonder if this is easily converted to 4th, or should I just forget it and go with Dusk? (After the obligatory "Food Fight" for my new runners)
Any help/ advise would be great, and thanks in advance!

-Dodger 
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-08-10/2236:03> »
I think it's okay for a new team of 'runners, but don't have any experience converting it. Glancing through it, it doesn't seem to be too difficult to convert...

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-08-10/2256:29> »
Well it would be a first for me as well. Do you think it would ruin the setting of the adventure to use the matrix as presented in 4th. (wireless I mean) I've looked into it before with other adventures (Brainscan) and we just used the 4th edition matrix rule set, but we turned the wireless router off to limited success.

-Dodger

As a side note, does this adventure touch on the cycles of magic and the Horrors like Harlequin's Back does? Or does it focus mostly with Harlequin's feud with Ehran? I'm starting a complete read-through now so I wont waste everyones time asking questions I can find out myself. I was just wondering if any veterans and run it and their impressions/ suggestions.
-Dodger

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-08-10/2307:11> »
It's a definite focus of his feud with Ehran, no mention of the Horrors is even made. The matrix doesn't play a big part in the adventure, so you should be able to get away with using the 4E rules.

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-08-10/2327:03> »
Many thanks Sir Jack.
Not having to worry about the matrix in an older adventure is a great relief.

-Dodger

P.S. As a side question, has Harlequin been mentioned in anything later than Harlequin's back and the Dragon Heart Saga? I would love some additional reading, or at least some info on what has happened to the Laughing Man.
« Last Edit: <09-08-10/2348:47> by dodger »
-Dodger

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-08-10/2353:35> »
He keeps making comments in the Shadowland posts, the last time he was heard on the boards was in 2065 in the Shadows of Asia book. Although he's not part of the Jackpointers in the new sourcebooks -- but Jane "Frosty" Foster is.

Should also mention that Frosty is a big part of the Dawn of the Artifacts adventures (Available over on DriveThruRPG), and Ehran popped up in the most recent part. There's one more part, but there's been no word on whether our favorite clown will be in it.

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-09-10/0007:36> »
Thats great news that Frosty is in the new adventures, and now Ehran re-surfaces as well? Mayhaps the old meta-plot is back in fashion eh?

-Dodger

Side note: I'm sure I'm not the only one who guessed that the "Jester Spirit" form the SNES game was somehow a link/ reference to our man H?
P.S. apologies for all or my misplaced thoughts this evening, it seems I need to go find me some soy-caf so I can keep my thought straight.
« Last Edit: <09-09-10/0011:17> by dodger »
-Dodger

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <09-09-10/0053:19> »
Thats great news that Frosty is in the new adventures, and now Ehran re-surfaces as well? Mayhaps the old meta-plot is back in fashion eh?

I sure as hell hope not...
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Tarot

• Newb
  • Never get involved in a land war in Asia
« Reply #8 on: <09-09-10/0125:05> »
I'm pretty sure that in the short fiction at the beginning of the 1st installment of artifacts Harlequin and Ehron are the ones playing the vr game Dawn of Atlantis X: City of Spires. Harlequin is the dwarf and Ehron is the ork.
Why do they always shoot the mage 1st?

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #9 on: <09-09-10/0127:10> »
Ahh the Artfull Dodger been a bit sense I seen you pipe up. (Yes the character)

As to Dawn I seen to recall a teaser of this adventure where I think Jason said something that hinted Harlequin was going to make some sorta apearance.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <09-09-10/0857:54> »
I'm pretty sure that in the short fiction at the beginning of the 1st installment of artifacts Harlequin and Ehron are the ones playing the vr game Dawn of Atlantis X: City of Spires. Harlequin is the dwarf and Ehron is the ork.
Really... I haven't read them completely through yet, just skimmed them to see if I wanted to integrate them in the campaign I'm writing. Looks like I'll have to go back and read them.

Kaarchin

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-09-10/0937:23> »
That is one of the rare instance when i can say i am lucky to be French.
Some times ago Harlequin and Harlequin's Back where edited in French and in 4th Edition. So if you can find a French linguasoft you may want to check it out.

I still havent read them even if they are sitting on my desk for months now, waiting for a chum to keep his word and run it...

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <09-09-10/0958:51> »
Really... I haven't read them completely through yet, just skimmed them to see if I wanted to integrate them in the campaign I'm writing. Looks like I'll have to go back and read them.

Why in the name of all that is roasted and squishy would you want to integrate HIM into your campaign? o_O

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <09-09-10/1034:19> »
What can I say, I like the crazy ol' coot. :D

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <09-09-10/1044:11> »
Well, I guess if it wasn't for the whole "immortal elves horrors earthdawn crossover" affair... I guess I'd think he's pretty neat ;)