NEWS

Seeking Enlightenment - Can You Answer These Questions?

• 253 Replies

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <08-02-13/0247:27> »
here is another:

6) how does a dragon "become" a great dragon as Masaru did in 2042? I thought I saw that he was already a "great dragon" when he showed up in 2014?
Think Initiation, except on a scale* beyond the knowledge of Metahumanity.

*Yes, it's a pun. I couldn't resist.

Makes you wonder if  Drakes, and in particular True Drakes, since they were created in the image of their makers, will ever undergo a metamorphosis into something more powerful. If so, I guess that would send any player character into NPCdom.

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <08-02-13/0336:00> »
here is another:

6) how does a dragon "become" a great dragon as Masaru did in 2042? I thought I saw that he was already a "great dragon" when he showed up in 2014?
Think Initiation, except on a scale* beyond the knowledge of Metahumanity.

*Yes, it's a pun. I couldn't resist.

Makes you wonder if  Drakes, and in particular True Drakes, since they were created in the image of their makers, will ever undergo a metamorphosis into something more powerful. If so, I guess that would send any player character into NPCdom.

I could see it happening, but it would take longer than most games would last, I think.

Maybe when you hit the Magic 20 point.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #17 on: <08-02-13/1224:34> »
The Clutch of Dragons, pg 121 'The War Room' (fiction):

In this story, featuring Lofwyr, Lung, Arleesh, Aden, and a whole room full of younger dragons the text mentions that three of the younger dragons were within a few years of becoming Greats.

Same book, pg  137 'true drake' (character quality):

The book describes these true drakes as drakes who are closer to the original blueprint of drakes that Ghostwalker put together way back when. The book does not (that I could see) show any way for a normal drake to become a true drake, but rather gives the information for those GMs who might be touched in the head enough to allow one as a PC or to give them the ammunition to take on PC normal drakes).
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-02-13/1552:49> »
As far as I know drakes cannot become "full" dragons because they aren't naturally-born dracoforms. Then again, metahumans (specifically, elves) aren't supposed to be literally immortal.

Tzeentch

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <08-03-13/0714:54> »
Spider is a particularly nasty spirit kept locked away under Ayers Rock by one of the Immortal Elves. (Novel: Find Your Own Truth, the aforementioned Secrets of Power book). Just thinking about that book makes my head hurt, but I think it was lying when it claimed to be THE Spider.

[spoiler]Spider in the book tried to cause a nuclear holocaust.[/spoiler]

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <08-03-13/0837:48> »
Hey, my suggestion that True Drakes might be able to change into something more powerful never referred to becoming a Dragon!

There are plenty of other possibilities... ::)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <08-03-13/1505:51> »
Heh

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <08-03-13/1956:43> »
As far as I know drakes cannot become "full" dragons because they aren't naturally-born dracoforms. Then again, metahumans (specifically, elves) aren't supposed to be literally immortal.

There are always exceptions, even in canon.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-03-13/2016:47> »
So what I'm seeing is that you want Ryan Mercury to become a dragon.

Dragonslayer

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <08-04-13/0018:24> »
So what I'm seeing is that you want Ryan Mercury to become a dragon.

Not specifically him, but I can't think of a Canon Character other than Mercury that is a Drake. Truth be told, there really isn't much on them in general, from what I can tell. Then again, they are super rare,  with what a few dozen in North America?

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <08-04-13/0637:47> »
There is an older drake than Ryan Mercury, who might actually be a True Drake: Scale, in service to Lofwyr & Saeder-Krupp (in that order  ::) ). At least I think he's older - he seems to have more history as a drake behind him, whereas Mercury is recorded as Awakening as a drake after Dunkelzahn's death.

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <08-04-13/1010:00> »
One interesting point to remember is that in Earthdawn, Icewing/Ghostwalker created the first True Drake after the Horrors and therefore as Mana in the world was in decline.

In the Sixth World, as the Mana increases or there is a Mana Spike, there is the possibility of interesting things happening to True Drakes and possibly other Awakened creatures.

SoyCaf

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <08-05-13/0032:11> »
Drakes are like pygmy dragons that never get any bigger and are only good for being servants of dragons.
They should stay that way.
« Last Edit: <08-05-13/0034:41> by SoyCaf »

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #28 on: <08-06-13/1314:41> »
Here's another one.

7)  Kenneth Brackhaven "goblinized" in 2023, but went into "remission?" He was cured of his ork-ness? How did this take place? and how/why does it say that his father brought in the best scientists to "cure" him? And it seems to have worked. What is the deal here?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #29 on: <08-06-13/1408:29> »
Here's another one.

7)  Kenneth Brackhaven "goblinized" in 2023, but went into "remission?" He was cured of his ork-ness? How did this take place? and how/why does it say that his father brought in the best scientists to "cure" him? And it seems to have worked. What is the deal here?
Real!Kenny was "Cured" with a pillow over the face, while Fake!Kenny became the new Kenny.

In other words, they substituted a stolen baby.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11