NEWS

OMNIBUS OR BOOKS TO READ.

• 6 Replies

Vandal Noire

• Newb
  • Its hotdrop o'clock!!!!!!
« on: <08-05-16/2126:55> »
The history of SR is long and storied and I am half tempted to use the rules and fluff as fodder but kind of create my own world using names and locations from the 5e books I have, however I am also just as interested in  creating an authentic SR world for my players so the question is....Is there an Omnibus or a series of books that you would recommend a new DM start reading? A series of books or even a few that stand out in your mind that are MUST reads to know what is going on in this world.

Keep in mind that my lore comes from 5e and the Shadow Run returns games. Help me build a better dystopian society today!!!
SORRY FOR THE CAPS, IM USUALLY AT WORK WHILE ON THESE FORUMS AND IN MY SYSTEM IT REQUIRES CAPS SO IM NOT SHOUTING AT YOU, IM JUST NO USING MY INDOOR VOICE.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <08-05-16/2148:10> »
The 4e book:  6th world almuniac (sp?) Is a good one for a brief breakdown of how the world got to where it is, and what is happening in various countries around the world.

For trying to condense 25 years of history into 220 pages (or there abouts) it does a good job.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Vandal Noire

• Newb
  • Its hotdrop o'clock!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: <08-05-16/2154:41> »
The 4e book:  6th world almuniac (sp?) Is a good one for a brief breakdown of how the world got to where it is, and what is happening in various countries around the world.

For trying to condense 25 years of history into 220 pages (or there abouts) it does a good job.

KK added it on DrivethruRPG...already dropped like $250 there this pay cycle so im gonna let the wallet heal before we hurt it more.
SORRY FOR THE CAPS, IM USUALLY AT WORK WHILE ON THESE FORUMS AND IN MY SYSTEM IT REQUIRES CAPS SO IM NOT SHOUTING AT YOU, IM JUST NO USING MY INDOOR VOICE.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #3 on: <08-06-16/0059:13> »
Agree that the 6th world almanac is best for state of the world now, and how it got there. For additional examples, I suggest reading the fiction novels, as they often touch on things that happen to the official timeline, and thus have impact on the world. Will be much reading, but will probably give you ideas for runs as well as info on what the world is doing.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #4 on: <08-09-16/1655:21> »

1. Buy two headsets
2. Jury rig headsets so that you have one speaker from each set
3. Wear this while you're sleeping and play simultaneous audio books from JRR Tolkien and William Gibson

-Jn-

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-09-16/1826:42> »
4. Wake up unable to speak except for a strange pidgin of elvish and '1337

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #6 on: <08-11-16/0856:40> »
4. Wake up unable to speak except for a strange pidgin of elvish and '1337

P3d1n 1 ph1th 1n 4nír0n, 4 n1n ú-c|-|3n1/|th0g!!111