Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

Shadowrun Missions Update

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jayde Moon:

--- Quote from: Boneguard on ---This is awesome news.

I do have a quick question.

On DrivehruRPG, we currently have Prime Mission 1, 2 and 5. Will the other Prime Missions (3, 4 and possible 6 onward) also be made available?

Thank

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately not. The focus is on the standard Missions, and with staff turnaround in 2016-2017 a lot of the 'extras' fell to the wayside, not receiving the attention they needed to publishing.  That said, we're hoping to envelope the Prime Missions going forward as integral to the plot arc, giving them priority.

--- Quote from: Lehane on ---So do we have any idea on how things that were out for 5th that aren't out for 6th are going to be handled for Neo-Tokyo going forward?

or are we facing a character re-boot for Neo-Tokyo?

--- End quote ---

For regular Season play, it's a reboot, you will be creating new 6th Edition Characters.  For the CMPs that continue Neo-Tokyo, we'll look at allowing SR5 Neo-Tokyo characters that have been converted.  There is a conversion document, I'll try to find it and push it to folks who don't have it.

Boneguard:

--- Quote from: Jayde Moon on ---
--- Quote from: Boneguard on ---This is awesome news.

I do have a quick question.

On DrivehruRPG, we currently have Prime Mission 1, 2 and 5. Will the other Prime Missions (3, 4 and possible 6 onward) also be made available?

Thank

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately not. The focus is on the standard Missions, and with staff turnaround in 2016-2017 a lot of the 'extras' fell to the wayside, not receiving the attention they needed to publishing.  That said, we're hoping to envelope the Prime Missions going forward as integral to the plot arc, giving them priority.

--- End quote ---

A bit of a shame, but I get it and it make sense to focus on the regular missions over the extra.

Helzmasher:

--- Quote from: Jayde Moon on ---
* SRM naming conventions should be changed from Season X to the year the series is taking place, so SRM 2081-01, 2081-02, etc.
* SRM 2081 will be set in Seattle.
* We are moving to a 13 Missions per year schedule, one of which will be a Prime Mission related to the plot arc.
* Six of those Missions will debut during the convention season (Origins and Gen Con).
* All 13 should be published prior to the 2021 Convention Season
* We are looking at partnering with Shadowrun Missions Online to debut SRM 2081-07 thru SRM 2081-12 in the Fall, after Gen Con
* We'll spend 2 real years in Seattle (so SRM 2081-01 thru 2081-24 and two Prime Missions).

--- End quote ---

Does the fact that all missions will take place in 2081 mean that we will have a limted calendar for downtime purposes?

Hobbes:
A particular PC's calendar will not prevent playing in Missions games.  Mainly the calendar is used to track lifestyle costs. 

Even in 5e training times quickly put a PC past the Mission's dates.  Toss in a couple initiations or some shopping time for that availability 20+ super cool thingamabob, most of my PCs were well into year 2, or year 3 in a single season of Missions.

Helzmasher:
Thanks Hobbes, for the clarification.

I can't wait to play this new missions campaign!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version