NEWS

[IC] The 'Doc' will see you now!

  • 285 Replies
  • 41682 Views

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #255 on: <08-14-13/0312:03> »
<<<<<Get your fact right Gaijin, I never touched your body. Maybe it's not too late. What do you know 'bout  Dr. Stainton Fields? Where is he?>>>>>

Sending a mental command to the Courier Sprite to confirm he had accomplished his tasks, Ginji send a brief message to his team.
Channel IS secured. Speak freely. Miner, no clue what sit rep is, but I'm not alone here. Check for a Jacked In body.

Ginji brandished his Katana at the ghostly icon. <<<<<Speak now, before it's too late>>>>>
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #256 on: <08-14-13/0330:22> »
[spoiler]I didn'T see the sprite roll yet, so I thought it was not yet secured... but Andy'ld trust Ginji on this one... so no matter what I think, he thinks it's secure.[/spoiler]

I found this motorbiker fleeing the scene, I'll attach an image, he is a magic adept, which means he's got magic power to back up his physical skills but can't cast spellls nor summon spirits.
His Magic is quite strong, so I didn't want an open fight, but used a trick on him, he's taking me with him, so I need you to trace me.

Either I can get some valuable information from him or I guess we'll battle it out in which case I could seriously need your assistance.
The fact that he's fled the scene means you should get lost too!
The Spirit still conceals you so you have a good chance to escape unseen, except from cameras and drones.

What's up at your end?


[spoiler]Andy attaches a picture of the biker and the bike and a voice sample.[/spoiler]
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #257 on: <08-14-13/0335:54> »
"Woah, wasting someone is one thing but taking body parts as souvenirs is something else. I'm not cutting no fingers, omae" says Frank, backing away from the sword Miner slid to him. He instead takes pictures of the body's face and of the general location/position of the body.
« Last Edit: <08-14-13/0348:50> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #258 on: <08-14-13/1244:18> »
Knew it...

Miner just grumbles to himself as he got up and walked over to the stiff and picked up his sword.

"It's not a souvenir," Miner said as he broke the stiffs index finger at the middle joint.

Miner then noticed the damage the stiff took seemed to internal from all the blood coming out of his nose, ears, eyes, and mouth.

"It's a piece of identification encase Ginji can't come up with anything from just a picture." Miner grumbled as he swiftly clipped off the index finger and shoved it into his pocket.

Miner then returned to the door listening to Ginji and Andy's reports.

Miner couldn't help but laugh at himself when Ginji came back.

I must remember these guys aren't all from the military.

"Sit rep is short hand for a situation report, Ginji." Miner then looked over to the stiff slumped over his computer gear when Ginji talked about someone being jacked in, "Unless you mind fucked someone before the shooting started I don't see anyone jacked in that's alive."

Miner kept himself calm when he responded to Andy, "We have a stiff on our end here in the computer room. It seems he died from internal damage. It was either magic or he mind was fried by someone from the matrix. Keep giving me reports of you and your new friend on a minute to minute bases. Stay safe Nature."

Miner looked back to Frank, "Pack it up Frenchie. We need to get the hell out of here."

Miner didn't want Andy to be all alone with the biker. He had not feelings for the big guy but working one man short was what Miner didn't want.
« Last Edit: <08-14-13/1251:38> by Solodice »
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #259 on: <08-14-13/1639:35> »
So all we have is a dead guy and the biker?
If he was connected to the 'Trix what about his comlink?
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #260 on: <08-14-13/1643:14> »
@ Obidancer
[spoiler]

<<message protocol v3.1>>
The doctor came to a few days ago with references from some hotshot fixer in town, I scrambled his comm signature and spoofed it all over town if he's he's got any sense he's long gone
*
Well if you aren't  here to finish me leave me here in peace.
*
I can't help you nay more...
<<message terminated>>


As the message terminates the fog and ghostly shapes start to fade in the node and instead changes to a wisp like cloud, emanating a feeling of soothing calm.

[/spoiler]

@Thrass
[spoiler]
After you get clear into the barren zone nearby the biker pulls over into a decaying hovel of a shack and pulls a tarp off a pristine new model sedan.

Well my friend it would seem this is where we go our separate ways, until our paths meet again...

[spoiler]sorry was meant to roll for the sprite completely  forgot.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

@ Hydroraven & Solodice
[spoiler]Perception tests please with a -2 for prevailing conditions.[/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #261 on: <08-14-13/1932:04> »
Miner nods his head in appreciation when Andy started talking about the stiffs commlink.

"Frank, grab his commlink if he still has it on him."

[spoiler]Perception Test:

Visual: 7 - 2 = 5

5d6.hits(5)=3

I guess Miner doesn't give a fuck about the water spraying in his face :P

Audio: 5 - 2 = 3

3d6.hits(5)=2

Not bad when only rolling 3 dice...[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-14-13/1934:44> by Solodice »
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #262 on: <08-15-13/0140:35> »
[spoiler] since I packed a mag of every ammo type available I might've got sensor rounds or RFID rounds... If so, I slip one onto the sedan[/spoiler]

Thanks for the ride, keep in touch my friend...

[spoiler]

Influence, Exchange com codes with me to stay in touch. (9d6.hits(5)=1)
Using edge

 Edge to reroll all non successes (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Which means 3 success total against his willpower.

I make pictures of the car especially of details that could trace the car and send them to the team.


Then I tell my watcher to follow him and tell me where he leaves the vehicle and what he enters next (vehicle building) or if he hits a point where he can't go further or time runs out on him immediately show me a picture of what he s last seen and tell me where it was.
[/spoiler]
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #263 on: <08-15-13/0227:01> »
"Right" answers the elf, looking through pockets for a commlink.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #264 on: <08-16-13/0210:42> »
Ginji took a moment when the figure disappeared.
May you find peace in the Resonance

He switched back to AR, keeping in sight an ARO of his drone's vision and another one where he was collecting the images he was receiving from his companion. He got out of the car, resting both elbows on the opened driver-side door. The glare from the snow outside was reduced by his glasses as he looked anxiously at the building. He recalled his drone and sent a quick message to his companion on the secured channel his Sprite had opened.

Guys I say we get out of here quickly, the authority will be there shortly and at this time only that magic guy Andy is following can tell us anything.

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #265 on: <08-16-13/0243:28> »
"Let me just grab something and I'm out" answers Frank, still trying to locate a commlink.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #266 on: <08-18-13/1141:45> »
@ Hydroraven
[spoiler]You find no commlink searching the body but do find a cable hooked up to a data jack at the base of his skull that was previously obscured.
[/spoiler]

@ Solodice
[spoiler]As you are looking around on your way to leave you notice the fight at the end of the hall has broken up. there are 2 guys left and they look pretty badly beat up.[/spoiler]

@ Thrass
[spoiler]
Resisting Influence
[spoiler]5d6.hits(5)=3[/spoiler]

Nice try my friend but for now its safer for us both you don't know where I am.

The watcher follows the sedan....the car travels through town and as he hits the lunch hour loses the car in thee heavy traffic.
[/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #267 on: <08-18-13/1535:00> »
[spoiler] Andy gives all the info he has to the team.[/spoiler]

OK I lost him in the end, but apparently that guy knows a pretty big deal including that we will meet again.

Ginji are the infos I sent enough to find anything on the matrix?

Where do we meet up? I could need a ride once all of you are out of there.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #268 on: <08-18-13/1952:24> »
Upon his discovery, Frank gets up, drops one of his cards and starts heading back towards where they came from. He tells Miner "No 'link, he was plugged in at the skull" and makes his way back to the entrance.
« Last Edit: <08-31-13/0549:25> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #269 on: <08-19-13/1852:04> »
Miner frowns at the discovery.

Miner ignores the two at the end of the hall and heads out with Frank.
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson