NEWS

6e Gyro Mount

• 1 Replies

cuidaBeja

• Newb
« on: <07-09-20/1701:32> »
There comes a time in every player's career where they decide to make a "cool guy" with a gyro mounted full auto gun, and for me that time has come.

That said, the description on the sixth edition gyro mount leaves a question in my mind of what exactly the attack rating of my gun would be when I shoot in full auto. The other mods that affect attack rating with firing modes are pretty clear in that they either "negate" or "reduce" the penalties, but the attack rating mods for different firing modes, but the gyro mount in full auto "provides a +3 Attack Rating for Full-Auto."

So is that just reducing the penalties by three or is it negating the penalties and giving a bonus? Surely I'm not better at shooting full auto than at firing a single shot, right?
Shadowrun may not be the dystopia we want but we should be careful that it's not the one we get . . .

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <07-09-20/1819:40> »
I'd say apply the penalties first, then add the gyro-mount bonus. If you're combining it with other weapon mods that reduce the AR penalties of FA mode, then it does sound like you could get a net bonus on your AR.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!